West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

Its rubbish but true...

unfortunately its an absolutely insane bid

It's a shame because he's our best player and we don't have a replacement, but football is a money game and that is seriously real money.

35mil is a ridiculous amount for a player with 6 good months under his belt, but there is no point doing it now when we can't replace him. If he scores goals until end of season we will likely get around 30mil and could actually spend it

Should have waited until Man City give up on Dzeko in 6 months time... booo

I can imagine if Carroll really goes, then Pardew would be absolutely disappointed with Mike Ashley unless both of them have agreed that it is in their best interest to sell him. All the talks by Pardew about keeping our star players at our club is rubbish then.

yes but at that time we were talking about getting 15-16million for him

Guest rosstoon

We cannot turn down £35million for him i am afraid to say. Good player but never worth £35m.

Sure as hell we can. Local, young, new number nine, wants to stay, integral part of the future. Keep if ambitions. Couldn't care f*** all about the money. We are in no need to sell.

Agreed we can and if they player does not want to go then that is up to him now. I hope he doesnt go

it doesnt matter who's owner or the chairman we have.... 35million for Carroll is HUGE.

any past board or chairman would have to consider it

i dont want carroll to leave at any cost, but its difficult to turn down this size of offer.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

Its rubbish but true...

unfortunately its an absolutely insane bid

It's a shame because he's our best player and we don't have a replacement, but football is a money game and that is seriously real money.

Thank fuck for that. I was worried we'd be getting paid in this:

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/monopoly-money.jpg

Look, I understand that.

I know its a lot of money.  But Ashley should know that Carroll is irreplaceable.  He's not going to get anyone better in, certainly not someone with the potential to be what Carroll could be for us over the next ten years.

Ashley has fucked up so many times before, and Carroll does not want to leave.  Ashley should get behind Carroll and the fans for once, and just hold on for one day.  If Carroll went for the same price in the summer, at the start of the summer, then fair enough.  We could rebuild the squad decently.  But now, with no replacements that we know of lined up (since no one in January could replace him for sensible money), this is a stupid, stupid decision.

Money is NOT everything in football.  And if it is, now, then the game's a shadow of what it once was.

Sorry, for once its not Mike Ashley's fault, it will be his fault if we don't reinvest that money on other players if this deal goes through. But saying its his fault, come on, £35 million. We could buy like Neymar and Ganso for that money, and both are twice the player Carroll is. It's just crazy money.

But I'd still not sell him in the last day of a fucking transfer window. Crazy if its done.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Guest neesy111

it doesnt matter who's owner or the chairman we have.... 35million for Carroll is HUGE.

any past board or chairman would have to consider it

i dont want carroll to leave at any cost, but its difficult to turn down this size of offer.

Risking with our premiership future again.