West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sitting watching highlights of Villa 6-0 on my Sky Plus.  This was a f***ing bad move man, awful.

I miss Andy Carroll already and I still miss Chris Hughton.  This season, man.  Just no need for this kind of disruption.

Maybe you can watch the 5-0 vs West Ham after that, no Carroll and no Hughton

I'm sitting watching highlights of Villa 6-0 on my Sky Plus.  This was a f***ing bad move man, awful.

I miss Andy Carroll already and I still miss Chris Hughton.  This season, man.  Just no need for this kind of disruption.

Maybe you can watch the 5-0 vs West Ham after that, no Carroll and no Hughton

I'm just watching stuff I managed to catch on my Sky Plus.  Currently watching the 4-3 at Chelsea in the League Cup and that.

My point is that this Carroll shite just seems like a fucking bad dream still.  I thought my anger had subsided but it clearly hasn't at all.  This injury shite is actually a bad thing I reckon - I just need to see Andy Carroll play football in a Liverpool shirt to get it out my system.  I need that release. 

Fuck it, I'm still feeling masssively, massively negative about NUFC as things stand.  This one fucking hurt man, I'm not arsed how much money we got for him.

Fuck it, I'm still feeling masssively, massively negative about NUFC as things stand.  This one fucking hurt man, I'm not arsed how much money we got for him.

hope this is as bad as it gets man, i really do

What do you mean? 

Are you being sarcy and daft with me and calling me precious?  Or are you genuinely saying that you hope it;s uphill from here?

Fuck it, I'm still feeling masssively, massively negative about NUFC as things stand.  This one fucking hurt man, I'm not arsed how much money we got for him.

What do you mean?  

Are you being sarcy and daft with me and calling me precious?  Or are you genuinely saying that you hope it;s uphill from here?

:lol: fucking hell you are pissed, i'm saying that things are bad now but there's still potential for the wheels to come off this season big time

so i hope this is the worst you feel about football for a while

as regards things getting better from this point on i highly doubt it, unless graham carr is the greatest scout that ever walked the earth

EDIT: howay, i'm not Stu man :(

Oh fucking bollocks.  I just watched the MOTD2 when we won at Arsenal.  Andy Cole was providing analysis and gave Carroll huge praise, "I can see what people are talking about with him... look at him, wins the ball, keeps the ball... you know how the geordies love a centre forward.  HE'S CLEARLY GOING TO BE THE NEWCASTLE NUMBER NINE FOR MANY YEARS TO COME".  Holy fuck.  Fuck fuck fuck.

I've taken decisive action and have knocked Modern Family on.  Gloria... she's never heard of Andy Carroll and she has really, really big tits.

What do you mean? 

Are you being sarcy and daft with me and calling me precious?  Or are you genuinely saying that you hope it;s uphill from here?

:lol: fucking hell you are pissed, i'm saying that things are bad now but there's still potential for the wheels to come off this season big time

so i hope this is the worst you feel about football for a while

as regards things getting better from this point on i highly doubt it, unless graham carr is the greatest scout that ever walked the earth

EDIT: howay, i'm not Stu man :(

Aye soz man, was clearly being a bit touchy. :lol:

I think we've clearly had worse points in the last 5 years (howay man, let's be honest, in the last 18-24 months) but I just think this whole thing symbolises what the real issue is here, i.e. we had hope, not a lot, but a touch of hope.  The hope's going now man.

However I'm also influenced by the idea that NUFC are 100% unpredictable.  So maybe we don't invest the whole £35m, but we do invest in a decent winger, 2 forwards, a good right back, a versatile defender that can play along the back line.  Perhaps perhaps, we'll see man.

I would be so much happier if Hughton had '£35m in his pocket' though, and not Pardew.

Jose mourinho says in special1tv, it's like paying 20 quids for pot noodle 5 minutes before the canteen closes

Lol

Did he really say this?  :lol: Trust him to come out with such quotes, nobody else comes close to him...except maybe Cantona, and even then, Cantona is more philosophical than humor!

Guest TheSummerOf69

So maybe we don't invest the whole £35m, but we do invest in a decent winger, 2 forwards, a good right back, a versatile defender that can play along the back line.  Perhaps perhaps, we'll see man.

I would be so much happier if Hughton had '£35m in his pocket' though, and not Pardew.

Yeah, I can't help thinking of when we sold Gazza and bought 4 replacements which were supposed to strenghten the team overall. And promptly went down.

There's a lot riding on this Summer (and that's if we manage to stay in the Premier League 'til then!), but the way to strenghten is to do it on top of a solid base when you're doing well and then discard what you no longer need. Trying to buy a team never works, unless you've got so much to waste (Chelsea / Man City style) that you can afford loads of mistakes.

We had impetus. We were on the up, with great team spirit and the most united club that I can imagine under Ashley. Now we're in turmoil and on the slide again.

Think back to all the great players who have moved from English clubs for big money. Then think of the non-Champion's League clubs who sold them. How many come to mind as to having really prospered from selling their best players?

So maybe we don't invest the whole £35m, but we do invest in a decent winger, 2 forwards, a good right back, a versatile defender that can play along the back line.  Perhaps perhaps, we'll see man.

Yeah, I can't help thinking of when we sold Gazza and bought 4 replacements which were supposed to strenghten the team overall. And promptly went down.

There's a lot riding on this Summer (and that's if we manage to stay in the Premier League 'til then!), but the way to strenghten is to do it on top of a solid base when you're doing well and then discard what you no longer need. Trying to buy a team never works, unless you've got so much to waste (Chelsea / Man City style) that you can afford loads of mistakes.

We had impetus. We were on the up, with great team spirit and the most united club that I can imagine under Ashley. Now we're in turmoil and on the slide again.

Think back to all the great players who have moved from English clubs for big money. Then think of the non-Champion's League clubs who sold them. How many come to mind as to having really prospered from selling their best players?

would hardly say we are on the slide(yet) we have lost 1 in 5, and really should have had 12 points from 15.

Guest TheSummerOf69

would hardly say we are on the slide(yet) we have lost 1 in 5, and really should have had 12 points from 15.

Fair enough, and hopefully not. But I'm less optimistic than at any time since August. Promoted teams often do well in the first half of the season then suffer when other teams suss them out, their squads get stretched by injury and suspensions, and the feel-good factor dissipates. Our squad needed strengthening in the Window but was instead significantly weakened.

Think we can forget any kind of serious investment then.

Sounds good....

I'm not quite sure what he really means, coz there is no direct quote to the effect. He should come out clearly and tell us that the 35M will be spent on transfers coming in. If it is true the money will just be reinvested to keep the likes of Tiote and Jose (great as that is), then I'm officially joining the Ashley + Pardew hate club. I was pissed off that we did not get anyone in January to replace Carroll, the only thing that pacified me is the hope that we would spend the 35M for incoming players in the summer. If that is not gonna happen then fuck Ashley and fuck Pardew!  :angry: :angry: :angry: