West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone noticed what a smug cunt Dalgiesh appears lately? Can't stand the bloke.

According to John Henry we'll be seeing more of him after this season too.

I hope that he does well and is a success. Just as I hoped that Shearer did well before he joined us, and that Gazza did well at Lazio and Waddle at Marseille and that Clarke is a success at Huddersfield as a manager etc. They are all Geordies and they deserve our support whether they play for us or not. Under different and better circumstances they would have happily played their entire careers at NUFC. There are some very petty people on here.

I'd far rather support non-geordies who pull on our shirt and represent our club to be honest. If that's being petty then I'm happy to be called petty.

Has anyone noticed what a smug cunt Dalgiesh appears lately? Can't stand the bloke.

Good. After watching him fail to get anything out of a strong Newcastle squad I have high hopes he will take Liverpool backwards and the money they have spent will become a debt they can't service.

If a club like Newcastle United cannot hold onto its own home-grown talent regardless of the circumstances then there is really no hope for the future just as there was none during the days when the club sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza - as history proved.

Your future after selling Waddle and Gazza was pretty good though, wasn't it? For a while at least.

If you call relegation OK...we went down the season after selling Gazza..!!

We did OK after Waddle simply because we still had Beardsley and Gazza.

No, my point is that HTT said there was no hope for the future. A handful of years after Gazza left, you had your best team in my lifetime and nearly won the league. There may be pain in the short-term, but there is hope when you are a club with a high turnover.....as long as UEFA manage to knock out the Citys and Chelseas.

It was 5 years after Gazza left that KK got us promoted - it was another 2/3 years after that before we realistically challenged for the PL title...do you think that is a short space of time ? 8 years is only 2 short of the average Pl player's effective career span . In that time, clubs like Man U had won titles and other trophies...also in today's world, you need to be in the CL every year to get the big bucks in otherwise the other clubs that do just get wealthier and the gap bigger.

I don't think you are being realistic.

Good. After watching him fail to get anything out of a strong Newcastle squad I have high hopes he will take Liverpool backwards and the money they have spent will become a debt they can't service.

That would be just grand. I wonder how the media would react to the 'scouse messiah' falling flat on his face? Would absolutely love it to go tits up for them but with their money I can just see them spending their way to Europe.

Has anyone noticed what a smug c*** Dalgiesh appears lately? Can't stand the bloke.

Were you not watching in 1997 when he took us to second place after we were 6th when he took over ?

Do you not take into account the restrictions placed on him after that because we had become a PLC ?

And the fact that he lost Shearer for months in 97/98 ?

Do you seriously think all his signings were c---p? Are you aware that the players actually liked him as a manager ?

We will have to let time prove whether he is a decent manager or not....

Has anyone noticed what a smug c*** Dalgiesh appears lately? Can't stand the bloke.

Were you not watching in 1997 when he took us to second place after we were 6th when he took over ?

Do you not take into account the restrictions placed on him after that because we had become a PLC ?

And the fact that he lost Shearer for months in 97/98 ?

Do you seriously think all his signings were c---p? Are you aware that the players actually liked him as a manager ?

We will have to let time prove whether he is a decent manager or not....

He took us to 2nd place with Keegan's team. Once he started replacing the flair players with workhorses and picking sides with no width his results speak for themself.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Dalglish sold Lee Clarke and used the £2m to buy Des Hamilton.  :idiot2:

He sold Les Ferdinand. He took apart a free-flowing attacking team and replaced it with one that only ever won by 1 goal, like the Blackburn team he won the league with but without the regularity of their wins. We played Stevenage in the cup and whinged on about not wanting to go to their ground, drew and then came back to our place for another single goal win. (Mind you, worse could have happened at Stevenage as Pardew's team demonstrated). He brought Given to the club, but I'm struggling to think of another of his signings that was as good as what we had here when he took over.

Him and Souness took apart what Keegan had built up just like they took apart Liverpool's all-conquering legacy - despite what they're saying now he's back, many Scousers back then blamed Dalglish as much as Souness, for not having the next generation in by the time his team were getting past it meaning Souness had to buy wholesale - something which only ever worked for him in the Scottish League where he only had one other team to be better than. Looking at some of their buys for the Toon left me wondering if we could trust them not to be looking after their own interests rather than the teams. Keegan, Bobby, Roeder, Hughton, even Gullit, I trusted to be trying to look after only the club's interest (to varying degrees of success). Those two and Allardyce - hmmm.

Hamann.

Better than Batty and Lee?

Thought he was better than Batty.

Also bought Solano. It wasn't all bad mate.

And Given and Speed.

Dalglish made some very good signings (and some god awful ones).

Hamann.

Better than Batty and Lee?

All three were good players but Dalglish tried to play them all in the same midfield along with Gary Speed. Your earlier post is spot on about how Dalglish dismantled Keegan's free flowing football and replaced with defensive, dour crap. He didn't buy particularly bad players just didn't have the balls to play in a skilful attacking style. Hopefully his fearful negative attitude will see Liverpool plunge in a downward spiral once the feelgood factor wears off.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Also bought Speed and Solano. It wasn't all bad mate.

Fair do's.

Loads of sub-standard players too, though.

Also bought Speed and Solano. It wasn't all bad mate.

Fair do's.

Loads of sub-standard players too, though.

Absolutely. :thup:

Don't know how much his hands were tied but he definitely bought some proper spanners.

This is still upsetting me today and I am not quite sure if it's as much the fact that we have lost our local No 9 or the fact that

yet-a-fucking-gain, the whole balance of the club has been upset.

Will we ever go through a whole Premier League season without any major event or disaster?

This is still upsetting me today and I am not quite sure if it's as much the fact that we have lost our local No 9 or the fact that

yet-a-fucking-gain, the whole balance of the club has been upset.

Will we ever go through a whole Premier League season without any major event or disaster?

It hasn't happened yet, so I guess not.

All Dogleesh had to do was buy a proper defense, he toyed with the attacking side far too much.

Get a grip people - we had John Barnes and Ian Rush in attack at 1 pt.  That alone is a new level of rock bottom.

I have a feeling that says he will be very injury prone. He'll come back and play a few games before he gets injured again.

If they don't sort this thigh tear out it's the type of thing that could keep on returning. Especially if he goes out on the piss in Liverpool after games. Only a matter of time before some rougharse Evertonian brays him for mouthing off. Hopefully.