West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't blame the player or the club. Take what is offered now; this applies to both club and player. For the club £36m+ for someone who is destined to be great but who could be worthless if he suffers an injury? Someone who can secure his future (and his family's future) by agreeing to move? We cannot afford to pay the lad what Liverpool were offering (I actually don't think that they can either but that is their risk).

Guest Howaythetoon

If a club like Newcastle United cannot hold onto its own home-grown talent regardless of the circumstances then there is really no hope for the future just as there was none during the days when the club sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza - as history proved.

If we had an owner who you could guarantee expenditure with the Carroll money would people be as bothered?!

I acknolwedge that he's been nothing short of excellent since his debut in the Premiership but I'm genuinely finding it hard to justify a +£35m price tag.

For me it all boils down to where the money goes - if its back it the squad then Andy, who? As far as I'm concerend. Our goalkeepers decent, our defence its good, our midfield is shaping up very nicely our forward line is utter tosh, £35m spent porperly can get you a Hernandez, Van der Vaart, Hatem ben arfa - the players are out there.

Carroll is a unique player but no way in a million years is he irreplaceable.

Carroll Hero Shirt Prem Style 10/12

Average rating:

Unrated

£56.00

Product Code: AHPAC

Tell a friend...

Official LFC Carroll Hero Shirt Prem Style 10/12

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Assets/Liverpool/Client/products/A/h/p/AHPAC_n.jpg

Looks alright tbh. Rip off price though.

If a club like Newcastle United cannot hold onto its own home-grown talent regardless of the circumstances then there is really no hope for the future just as there was none during the days when the club sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza - as history proved.

Your future after selling Waddle and Gazza was pretty good though, wasn't it? For a while at least.

Your future after selling Waddle and Gazza was pretty good though, wasn't it? For a while at least.

Nope it was dreadful, we were relegated the season after we sold Gazza, it was only after KK came back 3 or 4 years later that things turned around.

Whilst I'm sad that Andy Carroll has gone, the fact that he's the 8th most expensive player is laughable. We can do so very much more with that money than could be achieved with Carroll alone, even if it's sad to see the Geordie boy leave. It happens.

The obvious issue is that we've got an owner who is a retarded cunt of a man, and there are no guarantees he's not just gonna do one with our cash. Oh, and that this whole money making thing it moot if we go down.

Anyway, let's hope he's injured for a long time yet.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carlton Cole and Ben Arfa would molest this league.

98% of all football watchers would disagree with you on Cole

Carlton Cole and Ben Arfa would molest this league.

98% of all football watchers would disagree with you on Cole

Any half decent link up striker would boss this league with Ireland, Ben Arfa and another midfield-cum-forward playing behind him.

Nah f*** him. I wish the Judas c*** nothing but ill from now on.

I'm with this. Sheer blind unflinching bitter hatred is what's needed.

Kind of agree, but I find this hard with strikers who are likely to score against us. He'll fucking love scoring against us if we abuse him, and it'll hurt when he kisses his badge.

Nah f*** him. I wish the Judas c*** nothing but ill from now on.

I'm with this. Sheer blind unflinching bitter hatred is what's needed.

Kind of agree, but I find this hard with strikers who are likely to score against us. He'll f***ing love scoring against us if we abuse him, and it'll hurt when he kisses his badge.

he wont, in order to further his story that he waqs forced out (by the club not giving him an immediate 50k per week raise)he'll do the "respectfully not celebrating bit" till the changing rooms and local nightclubs when he'll go apeshit.

Guest Heneage

I hope he flops spectacularly and is hounded out of the club for a tenth of what they've paid for him.

Don't hate him, I just don't want him to have any success on any level.

Purely because of the way he left or would you have felt this way whenever he chose to leave?