West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope he flops spectacularly and is hounded out of the club for a tenth of what they've paid for him.

Don't hate him, I just don't want him to have any success on any level.

Purely because of the way he left or would you have felt this way whenever he chose to leave?

The later. The club he's joined hasn't helped either like.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, Liverpool fans have already got a song for Carroll.

Sweet Carroll 9 to the tune of Sweet Caroline (if you hadn't guessed)

That's a great song ruined.

If it makes you feel better, Sweet Caroline is one of the creepiest songs ever written.  Listen to it again but this time keep in mind that Caroline from the song was 11 year old Caroline Kennedy.

Henry Winter proving what an utter c*** he is:

At Anfield. Carroll quietly impressive, voicing respect for #nufc but adding #lfc "feels like home now" because of "fantastic reception"

No doubt Winter will view him in a different light now he is playing for Liverpool.  He was very disapproving when Carroll made his England debut because he didn't think he was a good role model with his off the pitch troubles especially compared to Jordan "Mr Perfect"  Henderson who he gushed over.

I hate the hypocrisy of journalists who change their minds about a player once he moves to one of the favoured clubs.

Raphael Honigstein who writes for the Guardian (I think?) seems to think a deal was agreed on Friday.

I remember someone ridiculing my suggestion that we delayed an announcement until it was 'too late' to buy anyone.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, Liverpool fans have already got a song for Carroll.

Sweet Carroll 9 to the tune of Sweet Caroline (if you hadn't guessed)

That's a great song ruined.

God I hate the Red Sox.

Sox and Liverpool being linked has done wonders for my hate efficiency.

Raphael Honigstein who writes for the Guardian (I think?) seems to think a deal was agreed on Friday.

I remember someone ridiculing my suggestion that we delayed an announcement until it was 'too late' to buy anyone.

Did we delay the Torres deal too then? :shifty:

Guest firetotheworks

I just can't bring myself to hate him like, I hate the situation, but if I hate him, then I genuinely believe that he willingly gave up playing as a Newcastle number 9, and if that;s the case then I pretty much won't believe in football any more.

I just can't bring myself to hate him like, I hate the situation, but if I hate him, then I genuinely believe that he willingly gave up playing as a Newcastle number 9, and if that;s the case then I pretty much won't believe in football any more.

This is roughly where I'm at atm.  Still pig-sick of these cunts in charge.

Anyway, I think my dad's going to finally pack it in.  Had a season ticket for about 15-20 years and he's threatened to pack it in loads and loads of times, but I think he's finally finished with it.  A lot of the lads he went to the match with packed in 2 years ago, but he was on the 3 year deal.  The Carroll thing's clearly upset him a bit - he says "the only way I'll renew is if they buy some canny players before they ask for my money, and I think that's quite unlikely".

The only reason I mention this is that I think it's quite sad really, and if people like me fatha pack in then loads will.  He'll put up with any old shite if there's either a chance of seeing some decent football or he has hope.  The hope's disappearing, that's the sad thing.

Really not looking forward to him playing for Liverpool, don't think it'll fully sink in until he makes his debut. Really thought we had something here and I'm fucking gutted, really fucking gutted, of any team to move too n all. Anyone but them cunts man.

Really not looking forward to him playing for Liverpool, don't think it'll fully sink in until he makes his debut. Really thought we had something here and I'm fucking gutted, really fucking gutted, of any team to move too n all. Anyone but them cunts man.

Not strictly true.

Mackems?

This is roughly where I'm at atm.  Still pig-sick of these c***s in charge.

Anyway, I think my dad's going to finally pack it in.  Had a season ticket for about 15-20 years and he's threatened to pack it in loads and loads of times, but I think he's finally finished with it.  A lot of the lads he went to the match with packed in 2 years ago, but he was on the 3 year deal.  The Carroll thing's clearly upset him a bit - he says "the only way I'll renew is if they buy some canny players before they ask for my money, and I think that's quite unlikely".

The only reason I mention this is that I think it's quite sad really, and if people like me fatha pack in then loads will.  He'll put up with any old s**** if there's either a chance of seeing some decent football or he has hope.  The hope's disappearing, that's the sad thing.

i'm lucky, for his actions off the pitch i can hate him, could never bring myself to shout his name, always thought many gave him an easy ride as he was playing well (for fucks sake if he was found to be a multiple baby killer many on here would say they deserved it), thats the sort of person he is, he gives a shit for no-one bar himself, that includes you little girly that he's dragging round scouseland, either put up with his abuse or be left at the road side pet as he aint gonna change now.

lets see when his next incident happens how many hypocrates on here say he should be locked away.

Not strictly true.

Mackems?

Goes without saying.

I'm not being funny madras, but I can't see how what you've said bears any relation to what I've said. 

Therefore I can't be arsed to reply to it, since it's a completely different issue.  Unless I'm missing something.

just with you saying you can't bring yourself to hate him.....i can on a few levels. his one saving grace is he's a good footballer. is that enough to stop me hating him...no, maybe you should question how you should feel about him as for many it seems to change their view on reality.