West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

I see Real Madrid have signed Sahin. So that's Sahin, Khedira and Ozil for about the same price as Andy Carroll. Not bad.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/113302549.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DE682312FD40F808084EF14149E0067E32FD076B40CEF4077 http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/113303818.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DB9A37DE4F7C3441E84EF14149E0067E38B5CFF92B3D7237E

Guest palnese

I see Real Madrid have signed Sahin. So that's Sahin, Khedira and Ozil for about the same price as Andy Carroll. Not bad.

Aye? Sahin is a very good player.

I was wrong. I read somewhere that he had signed for 10m. Turned out to be bollocks.

I was glad to see he got loads of abuse too, generally the away support/feelings represents a large chunk of our support in how they feel etc, so hope he realises how much the majority of us despise the cunt now.

In saying that though, in the pub after the game a couple of our lot were having a what seemed to be getting quite heated row about Carroll, one supporting the majority, scum bag, obviously wanted to leave etc, the other spouting the true faith shite.

Music to the FCB's ears

Indeed. Incredible to see so much anger directed towards the player, who has said he was forced out of the club, yet continued acceptance for the men who sold him.

I was glad to see he got loads of abuse too, generally the away support/feelings represents a large chunk of our support in how they feel etc, so hope he realises how much the majority of us despise the c*** now.

In saying that though, in the pub after the game a couple of our lot were having a what seemed to be getting quite heated row about Carroll, one supporting the majority, scum bag, obviously wanted to leave etc, the other spouting the true faith s****.

Music to the FCB's ears

Indeed. Incredible to see so much anger directed towards the player, who has said he was forced out of the club, yet continued acceptance for the men who sold him.

oh oh, here we go again.

Guest johnson293

Sorry if its been mentioned, but on Radio Newcastle, they mentioned Carroll coming out to warm up (pre-match) and it said he totally ignored the Newcastle fans, and went and clapped the Kop instead.

Not sure if this was before or after any chanting started, but they (Lowes and Anderson) were saying that it was basically Andy Carroll ending all association with Newcastle and the supporters.

Didn't see the match on TV, but was that the case?

Sorry if its been mentioned, but on Radio Newcastle, they mentioned Carroll coming out to warm up (pre-match) and it said he totally ignored the Newcastle fans, and went and clapped the Kop instead.

Not sure if this was before or after any chanting started, but they (Lowes and Anderson) were saying that it was basically Andy Carroll ending all association with Newcastle and the supporters.

Im not quite sure why he would go over to the Newcastle fans. Firstly he doesnt play for us and secondly he was getting hurled abuse. Why would he clap us?

Guest palnese

but they (Lowes and Anderson) were saying that it was basically Andy Carroll ending all association with Newcastle and the supporters.

He did that the moment he signed fo the bin dippers.

Guest Heneage

See it's things like that which shouldn't annoy me but it does. We made him the player he is, would it have killed him to just thank the fans that supported him.

See it's things like that which shouldn't annoy me but it does. We made him the player he is, would it have killed him to just thank the fans that supported him.

while they are singing 'steven Taylor, he shagged your lass?'

He made a point of clapping the scousers on a couple of occasions.

Also, when they read the team out, the announcer left his name til the very end and preceded with a big pause.

"........aaaand ANDY....CAROLLLL"

eeeeee what a little tinker!

Guest johnson293

If anything though, do those actions not reinforce the clubs side of the story (true or otherwise) that he wanted out?

And thus, make a mockery of his message to fans (via texts to Steve Wraith) saying he was forced out/didn't want to go, etc?

I guess that was the point Lowes and Anderson were trying to make.

How do you get forced out of a club, thats what I want to know. The lad was our top striker, with a 5 year contract. Thats a 5 year contract. If he didnt want to go, and said no im not going, what could they realistically do? They're not going to suddenly stop playing him, or paying him, or anything like that. They couldnt get away with that.

Maybe Ashley kept lighting a shit and pressing his doorbell then running off in the lead up to it, so Carroll felt he had no choice but to go. Or perhaps he kept making late night phone calls and whispering get out at him.

Or more than likely, whilst Ashley did want to cash in, so did Carroll and he's using them forcing him out as an excuse. Yeah it's that one.

From the moment he first appeared in the pre-match warm-up until he went down the tunnel after the game, there was constant singing and chanting against him.  So why should he applaud our fans?  I think that would probably have been interpreted as a provocative move on his part.

How do you get forced out of a club, thats what I want to know. The lad was our top striker, with a 5 year contract. Thats a 5 year contract. If he didnt want to go, and said no im not going, what could they realistically do? They're not going to suddenly stop playing him, or paying him, or anything like that. They couldnt get away with that.

Maybe Ashley kept lighting a shit and pressing his doorbell then running off in the lead up to it, so Carroll felt he had no choice but to go. Or perhaps he kept making late night phone calls and whispering get out at him.

Or more than likely, whilst Ashley did want to cash in, so did Carroll and he's using them forcing him out as an excuse. Yeah it's that one.

You get told you aren't wanted. They chose the money over him.

Maybe Ashley kept lighting a s*** and pressing his doorbell then running off in the lead up to it, so Carroll felt he had no choice but to go. Or perhaps he kept making late night phone calls and whispering get out at him.

Are you totally ignoring the comments he made about, "when a club like Liverpool come in for you, you can't say no"

He's gone now, he got stick, a bit much if I'm honest but he certainly deserved some.  Do you genuinely think he's blameless in this, he looked gutted when he turned up for his medical and when he shook Dogleash's hand didn't he?

He can't have the best of both worlds, it was clearly a bit of both, the club wanted to cash in for a silly amount of money, Carroll wanted silly wages.  If the money is reinvested properly it's bloody good business, sadly I don't think it will be.

Maybe Ashley kept lighting a s*** and pressing his doorbell then running off in the lead up to it, so Carroll felt he had no choice but to go. Or perhaps he kept making late night phone calls and whispering get out at him.

Fucking hell man come on, not wanted by who? Ashley? So fucking what. It's his hometown club and he was most definately wanted by all us supporters and the rest of his squad, Ashley might have chose the money, but Carroll didnt have to go if he didnt want to.  It's not as though Ashley had all the players chucking eggs at Carroll as he arrived at training and got everyone booing him as he arrived. How many times would Carroll even come across Ashley anyway? He could have said no.