West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why would he want to go to West Ham exactly? Don't say Kevin Nolan please.

Shares agent with Big Sam and Nolan

Suits Big Sams style to a tea

Pardew is out of order btw, Liverpool or not. Someone like Harry Redknapp would get slaughtered on here for comments like that about one of our players. And so much for us doing all our transfer business behind closed doors. Not a fan.

Why would he want to go to West Ham exactly? Don't say Kevin Nolan please.

Shares agent with Big Sam and Nolan

Suits Big Sams style to a tea

I fail to see why the agent argument would persuade him.

Don't think West Ham can offer him the same wages he's currently on. It's a huge step down from his current club too, and he doesn't have the same affiliation he has with us. He would have to be pretty desperate to want away to even consider West Ham iyam.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is Liverpool/ Newcastle for Owen all over again

This time wants to come here but we don't want to pay!

Rather hoof the ball every chance we get than play like Swansea.

I'd go somewhere in between. Swansea fooled a lot of people last season, they showed how possession football could be massively ineffectual and made the argument for it not being as important as I'd always deemed it

Swansea were brilliant though for a newly promoted side with a tiny budget and relatively unknown players. Of course they were going to be ineffective most of the time, they don't have players capable of cutting teams open at will and creating chances like many of the "bigger" clubs do (and like we have). The basics of what they were doing, and how they played, was spot on, and it's how we should play given the players we have as it'd make best use of our best players.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is Liverpool/ Newcastle for Owen all over again

This time wants to come here but we don't want to pay!

Wat?

It is pretty similar tbf.  I say this because I've already made that observation. :lol:

Just conforming to sig tbh ;)

Wham play with 3 upfront aswell atm anyway. Vaz te left, Cole central, Maynard right. Now they have Maiga to presumably switch with Cole or Maynard. Carroll goes where? Suppose they might just shove 3 big lads upfront, would suit Allardyce.

Pardew is out of order btw, Liverpool or not. Someone like Harry Redknapp would get slaughtered on here for comments like that about one of our players. And so much for us doing all our transfer business behind closed doors. Not a fan.

If it wasn't ballachingly clear that Liverpool want rid/Carroll wants to go, i'd be bothered (a bit).

It became ballachingly clear that Demba Ba has a release clause too.

Yes, thanks to Redknapp. He was the one that revealed it to the world before Pardew had to cut his losses and admit it on local radio. It's not the same.

There's nowt criminal about Pardew's latest comments given the context.

EDIT: and by context i don't just mean because it's that cunt of a club.

Rather hoof the ball every chance we get than play like Swansea.

I'd go somewhere in between. Swansea fooled a lot of people last season, they showed how possession football could be massively ineffectual and made the argument for it not being as important as I'd always deemed it

Swansea were brilliant though for a newly promoted side with a tiny budget and relatively unknown players. Of course they were going to be ineffective most of the time, they don't have players capable of cutting teams open at will and creating chances like many of the "bigger" clubs do (and like we have). The basics of what they were doing, and how they played, was spot on, and it's how we should play given the players we have as it'd make best use of our best players.

Disagree to be honest on the final point. Every team should be aiming to have as much possession as possible, but they should be aiming to be as incisive as possible with it, not making a few hundred passes per game in their own half/along the halfway line. We should be looking to retain possession as much as possible and playing it on the ground but not at the expense of actually cutting other teams open.

I personally think if Swansea had kept Rodgers this season and the set of players they had last season, they'd have been in my relegation top three

Yes, thanks to Redknapp. He was the one that revealed it to the world before Pardew had to cut his losses and admit it on local radio. It's not the same.

Latest quotes from Rodgers:

And when speaking to the media in the US ahead of Liverpool's friendly with Roma, Rodgers said: "Andy is a terrific young player. "I had a brief chat with all the lads and over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to speak to them with more confidence and on a one-to-one basis. "There is no doubt he is a terrific talent. "There has been a lot of unfair criticism aimed towards Andy. "He is a player who can play in a number of styles and it was a wee bit unfair on him (for people) to say he couldn't fit into the way I would want to play. "For me, your game is based on your players, the players you have. I am here to win games. "We've got a number of very, very talented players in the group, of which Andy is one."

Pardew should have kept his mouth shut IMO.

Rodgers is just backtracking after the earlier massive cock-up. He made his bed with the Carroll thing; he can have no real complaints at other managers talking him up. His first quotes were a "go and get him" to everyone, regardless of whether or not he's changed his mind/had his wrists slapped for talking shite.

Latest quotes from Rodgers:

And when speaking to the media in the US ahead of Liverpool's friendly with Roma, Rodgers said: "Andy is a terrific young player. "I had a brief chat with all the lads and over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to speak to them with more confidence and on a one-to-one basis. "There is no doubt he is a terrific talent. "There has been a lot of unfair criticism aimed towards Andy. "He is a player who can play in a number of styles and it was a wee bit unfair on him (for people) to say he couldn't fit into the way I would want to play. "For me, your game is based on your players, the players you have. I am here to win games. "We've got a number of very, very talented players in the group, of which Andy is one."

Pardew should have kept his mouth shut IMO.

It's funny because it's Lolerpool  :cheesy:

Surely the whole issue with Redknapp is he does it to unsettle players who clubs want to keep.

If he did it over Alan smith, i doubt we'd all have been having a go. Pool have been acting like they dont want Carroll, theyve unsettled the situation in the first place.