West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

25% of any profit. So nothing.

How do we know this?

Not having a go and I have just based my post on an assumption. Just wondered where the 25% profit came from?

Its an FM thing......part of life now like.

Partner in my firm (we represent LFC) thinks we will get him for 10-12m, current position is just posturing by yanks. Deal will be 'undisclosed' as a result. Not sure how much use this is but he leads a team who do a lot of work for the club at corporate level.

A friend of mine's Dad is high up in a firm that did a lot of work for Carroll. He seems to think that AC is on no where near the reported amount. In fact, he said it was about 30k per week. I don't believe that for a second though - for a start he was probably on that here when he left.

Guest Phil K

Partner in my firm (we represent LFC) thinks we will get him for 10-12m, current position is just posturing by yanks. Deal will be 'undisclosed' as a result. Not sure how much use this is but he leads a team who do a lot of work for the club at corporate level.

A friend of mine's Dad is high up in a firm that did a lot of work for Carroll. He seems to think that AC is on no where near the reported amount. In fact, he said it was about 30k per week. I don't believe that for a second though - for a start he was probably on that here when he left.

Agree. Thats why he asked for another contract after he'd just signed one.

It was the money. A bad reason to move, if you expect big returns from the player, as Adebayor has proved so spectacularly.

Guest fraser

He's definitely not worth £20m or anywhere near that. Having said that he's a very good goal scorer who, against a certain sort of opposition, can dominate. I'd be happy with £12m-ish. If we actually bought him he could play against Liverpool, which will be an important fixture for us.

Agree. Thats why he asked for another contract after he'd just signed one.

It was the money. A bad reason to move, if you expect big returns from the player, as Adebayor has proved so spectacularly.

I recall reading that he was on something like £50k a week but it would rise to about £80k if they got into Europe.  Obviously they have, so he may well have just got a pay rise.

How do we know this?

Not having a go and I have just based my post on an assumption. Just wondered where the 25% profit came from?

That's what I've mostly read, and it makes far more sense than 25% of any sell-on fee. Obviously, Liverpool got taken to the cleaners in this deal, but it's hard to imagine us agreeing to 25% of any transfer fee.

Then again, from the word go, we passed on the fee to Chelsea (nobody knows, but I reckon that when Ashley pulled £35m out of his arse, we called up Chelsea and asked for £20m more for Torres. They agreed, we agreed). With that thinking (i.e. someone else is paying), it's possible they agreed to anything :(

How do we know this?

That's what I've mostly read, and it makes far more sense than 25% of any sell-on fee. Obviously, Liverpool got taken to the cleaners in this deal, but it's hard to imagine us agreeing to 25% of any transfer fee.

Then again, from the word go, we passed on the fee to Chelsea (nobody knows, but I reckon that when Ashley pulled £35m out of his arse, we called up Chelsea and asked for £20m more for Torres. They agreed, we agreed). With that thinking (i.e. someone else is paying), it's possible they agreed to anything :(

it was such a daft day and well its Ashley I lean more to the 25% of any fee full stop because what would be the point of any profit based one? As Ashley and LLambias knew very well no one would ever be stupider than Liverpool in regards to Carroll (and as llambias put it he's worth fuck all)

How do we know this?

If they were daft enough to pay 35 mill then they were probably daft enough to agree to 25% on the fee rather than profit.

How do we know this?

I thought it was 15 million 35 for Carroll 50 for Torres?

How do we know this?

If they were daft enough to pay 35 mill then they were probably daft enough to agree to 25% on the fee rather than profit.

That's the question, isn't it? You could see any tit agreeing to 25% of any profit, knowing that any profit would be a very unexpected bonus, but agreeing to 25% of any transfer fee, knowing you're paying well over the odds to begin with? That would take abnormal stupidity or desperation …

How do we know this?

I thought it was 15 million 35 for Carroll 50 for Torres?

Wut???

I imagine we were prepared to sell Torres for £30m (he wanted to leave) and pay £15–20m for Carroll. Ashley asked for £35m, and instead of bothering to bargain, we just called Abramovich and said, "£20m more today, or you'll have to wait till summer" (Chelsea wanted him for the CL, remember).

Not saying it didn't happen but the thought of adding £20m to the price of a player just like that is just absurd. :lol:

And here we are with a lot of the other clubs trying to do things vaguely within our means.  Fucking hate Chelsea, although I did before the Russian arrived.

That's the question, isn't it? You could see any tit agreeing to 25% of any profit, knowing that any profit would be a very unexpected bonus, but agreeing to 25% of any transfer fee, knowing you're paying well over the odds to begin with? That would take abnormal stupidity or desperation …

Andy Carroll

Stewart Downing

Jordan Henderson

That fat bloke from blackpool.......

Guest VegasToon

Andy Carroll

Stewart Downing

Jordan Henderson

That fat bloke from blackpool.......

:mike:  How much money was spent on these 4?  :mike:

Guest Teaboy

Wish people would give over with this sell-on bollocks.

This. Not one credible source has ever reported this as far as I know.

Agreed. But such was their desperation to get Carroll, with the deadline approaching, they'd agree to anything. Indeed, I heard that part of the agreement was that Llambias was given full access to Cannoli's holiday villa in the Algarve, Porsche Carrera and 17 year old daughter.