West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see he was drinking up in Jesmond at the weekend

Was he, where? :lol: Awful bars on Osborne road right near me

Can't remember exactly, a friend on facebook got a photo with him.

You know, a part of me really wish he had stayed with us. I really hope Campbell can make a similar step up

You know, a part of me really wish he had stayed with us. I really hope Campbell can make a similar step up

I can think of 35m reasons I'm glad he didn't!

Likewise, but there's still an irreplaceable feeling seeing one of your own come through and do well. Seeing them sold off is a bit of a kick like

Likewise, but there's still an irreplaceable feeling seeing one of your own come through and do well. Seeing them sold off is a bit of a kick like

Yeah - I know what you're saying and I felt very much the same at the time.

Looking at Carroll now......he's looking injury prone and a risk at any price north of £5m imho. The young, english factors probably give him a base value of £5m but I can't imagine anyone wanting to throw money at Liverpool now.

I think I said at the time (last summer) that Liverpool should cut and run because if the loan move didn't work out (which it hasn't) they're another year down the line with his contract and he's a heavily depreciating asset. It was never like Rodgers was going to play him/want him back so they were best off getting shot.

Hope they lose a bomb on him though.

Guest mag.net

Yeah - I know what you're saying and I felt very much the same at the time.

Looking at Carroll now......he's looking injury prone and a risk at any price north of £5m imho. The young, english factors probably give him a base value of £5m but I can't imagine anyone wanting to throw money at Liverpool now.

I think I said at the time (last summer) that Liverpool should cut and run because if the loan move didn't work out (which it hasn't) they're another year down the line with his contract and he's a heavily depreciating asset. It was never like Rodgers was going to play him/want him back so they were best off getting shot.

Hope they lose a bomb on him though.

I agree with this. The fee that is being bandied around that West Ham will pay at the end of the season is crazy he's not worth a fraction of that. His combined record at Liverpool and West Ham is something like 1 goal every 6 appearances. Unless he has a fantastic second half to the season I can't see him being worth any more than 7 million England international or no England international.

Pardew has always spoken highly of him, but transfers are ultimately out of his control and the board realise they get much better value abroad and that will scupper any deal for him IMHO

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66700000/jpg/_66700451_crooks.jpg

played well at weekend.  imo hes exactly what we are missing upfront.  cisse alone upfront isnt working. They might work well as a pair.

AC+goufrran could be more effective.  cisse lacks any presence upfront in the premiership, get bullied by defenders, and cant stay onside.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66700000/jpg/_66700451_crooks.jpg

played well at weekend.  imo hes exactly what we are missing upfront.  cisse alone upfront isnt working. They might work well as a pair.

AC+goufrran could be more effective.  cisse lacks any presence upfront in the premiership, get bullied by defenders, and cant stay onside.

Cisse doesn't get enough supply, he was fine handling himself last season.  He is also being asked to do things which are not part of his natural game.

We will definitely try to sign him this summer, he's exactly the kind of player Pardew likes and fits the way he likes to play (hoof). Whether somebody will offer more money than us is the questions, if nobody does, he'll be back or out on loan again next season.

I hope when we go about getting a forward to replace Jonas and a CB to replace Colo we target players who can make an impact from set pieces. Carroll and a defender who wants to score the odd goal would be lovely.

Guest bimpy474

So were resigned to having the idiot as manager, and buying players to make the most of his shit tactics and hoofball.

I'm feel ill enough, i think this will make me finally vomit :(

Guest bimpy474

No?

Just going by the last few posts Dave. Just seems the feeling is we are stuck with him, so we would better off buying player to suit his style, rather than players who would be good for decent passing football.

If he's going to cost £18m (or anywhere near that tbh) then I hope we pass and look elsewhere. There's got to be better value than spending that much on Andy fucking Carroll ffs. 

If he's going to cost £18m (or anywhere near that tbh) then I hope we pass and look elsewhere. There's got to be better value than spending that much on Andy f***ing Carroll ffs. 

Never in the world is he worth more than £10m

If he's going to cost £18m (or anywhere near that tbh) then I hope we pass and look elsewhere. There's got to be better value than spending that much on Andy f***ing Carroll ffs. 

Never in the world is he worth more than £10m

I wouldn't even go that high tbh but West Ham apparently agreed the £18m fee at the end of the loan. Bargepole time, no thanks.