West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Sun's back page has the headline 'JACKASS' followed by 'Fab axes Wilshere and Carroll'. They then put donkey ears on Capello. Wor Andy has made the big time!!! Its actually scary how quickly the campaign has stepped up.

Christ. The campaign against Capello by the media makes me sick.

Deserves everything he gets. Well out of his depth if he hasn't got world class players and huge budgets at established clubs to play with. Should have done the honourable thing and stepped down in the summer.

The Sun's back page has the headline 'JACKASS' followed by 'Fab axes Wilshere and Carroll'. They then put donkey ears on Capello. Wor Andy has made the big time!!! Its actually scary how quickly the campaign has stepped up.

Deserves everything he gets. Well out of his depth if he hasn't got world class players and huge budgets at established clubs to play with. Should have done the honourable thing and stepped down in the summer.

Aye lets let The Sun pick the team, everybody out and bring in a whole new team. Give Redknapp the job!!!

They're using as a scapegoat in the same way they did with Sven and McClaren, isn't it funny how the managers perpetually fail with the England team yet have very successful club careers? Yes he made mistakes in the World Cup but them problems are negligible compared to the real problems with the England team and football in this country generally.

But yeah, lets let the media use him as their next victim - infact lets support it, that horrible Jonny Foreigner who's ruined our beloved national team!

Capello is better than any English manager, infact, he's in a different sphere to anybody we've got. Out of his depth? He's too good for that pack of shitbags, if anything.

Aye lets let The Sun pick the team, everybody out and bring in a whole new team. Give Redknapp the job!!!

They're using as a scapegoat in the same way they did with Sven and McClaren, isn't it funny how the managers perpetually fail with the England team yet have very successful careers? Yes he made mistake in the World Cup but them problems are negligible compared to the realy problems with the England team and football in this country generally.

But yeah, lets let the media use him as their next victim - infact lets support it, that horrible Jonny Foreigner who's ruined our beloved national team!

Capello is better than any English manager, infact, he's in a different sphere to anybody we've got. Out of his depth? He's too good for that pack of shitbags, if anything.

I said this about the media before the WC and when the JT shit happened; no one listened. Stripping him of captaincy was a media demand and doing so weakened his standing amongst the squad and the hacks. Doomed from thereon in. At least now they can get rid of the fuker, he's beyond useless in this role, he's mentally weak and cannot communicate with the players or the fans, and self admittedly ran out of ideas on how to changes things.

Again the players and the media is the problem. It always goes beyond football with this circus. It's not Capello's job to answer to the media or assessing the player's private lives, the fact that even ever came into question or prominance is an embarrasement. Capello is too good for the kind of shitty footballing/media culture that seems to be accepted over here.

Honestly don't understand how the blame can be placed onto his head for that whole scenario. What was he supposed to do in that situation? Whatever he did would have caused problems. It's the cunts playing the football and the twats writing about it that should be taking the flack.

I've always thought Capello would make a shit International manager. He's proven me right so far.

The English team needs a motivator and tactician in one, not just one or the other as you can't go the distance with just motivation and you spend too little time with the players to just be a great tactician. Capello is just a tactician, he's never been good at player interaction and usually have let his assistants deal with the players on a day to day basis bar match day. (Naturally I can't know that 100%, but I've based my opinion on different interviews with former players, other news articles and so on over time.)

Granted, I can't think of any better options that are English for the role. But still. Not the best appointment in the first place. Though with all that said, he's a fantastic club manager. Absolutely class, just not an International manager IMO.

England need to take the risk of appointing a young, up and coming hungry manager. Be it foreign or non-foreign, and then do a Germany and re-do everything from the roots and up.

Again the players and the media is the problem. It always goes beyond football with this circus. It's not Capello's job to answer to the media or assessing the player's private lives, the fact that even ever came into question or prominance is an embarrasement. Capello is too good for the kind of shitty footballing/media culture that seems to be accepted over here.

Honestly don't understand how the blame can be placed onto his head for that whole scenario. What was he supposed to do in that situation? Whatever he did would have caused problems. It's the cunts playing the football and the twats writing about it that should be taking the flack.

He choked. First time he's had a hard job to do in ages and he bottled it in every way possible, he got nothing right. The only reason he's not gone is the people who employ him are more incompetent than he is for giving him a new deal before the WC.

Pains me to say it be Redknapp would work with the current lot with much greater ease than Fabio and would get better results out of them no problem. He's a shit, but maybe it takes a shit to manage the fukers, he can at least speak the language, can control players, can control the media, is not afraid to tell the media to fuk off, can use the media to his own gains, and on top of that plays attractive attacking football.

It is a circus, but he knew it, he thought he could handle it and he couldn't, the endless mistakes before and during the WC though are a measure of his ability in this role and the result is he can't do it, he can't handle the pressure and can't do the job asked of him.

9 out of 10 qualifying games was pretty good, and I seem to remember the wave of optimism and praise during and after that campaign. It was only when the usual superfluous shit that always seems to happen surrounding the England national team raised it's ugly head and the media got their knives at the ready.

There's nowt wrong with Capello, just the ingrained problems of the media in our culture and the set of cuntish players causing problems that shouldn't ever dilute into footballing matters.

Your qualifying group was fucking easy, mind. It's almost shameful it wasn't 10 out of 10 no matter who the manager was. Hell, if England was replaced with Norway I'd be expecting US to fucking win that group, and we're fucking shitter than shit. :lol:

Your qualifying group was f***ing easy, mind. It's almost shameful it wasn't 10 out of 10 no matter who the manager was. Hell, if England was replaced with Norway I'd be expecting US to f***ing win that group, and we're f***ing shitter than s***. :lol:

Norway would have finished 4th in that group Kaiz, you're shite.

And again, who would you rather have in the job?

The man is streets ahead of managers England produce.

And again? I must be missing something, i never saw you ask me this once.  :lol: ;)

I'd take Redknapp over Fabio right now no doubts he'd do a much better job, but that doesn't mean he's ideal, and it certainly doesn't mean we have to go English either, that would be very Fat Fred esque to jump opposite to opposite mangers in a way to rectify the downfalls of the previous.

Like Kaz says, someone who can motivate, relate to the players, this is crucial in a short space tournament where they are away from their families and up against it, while also keeping somone savvy enough tactically to do battle against the best but most of all with this job it is someone who can handle the press. It's our downfall as a nation, but its there, its not going away and it needs dealing with. The amount of shit thrown at someone like Redknapp over the years and still he comes out smelling of roses and the press generally on his side is staggering, for whatever reason that is a quality the next England manger must have and its just as important as being tactically aware and being able to motivate the players. Right now out of those 3 we have a manger with 1, and why he failed miserably at this level and in this situation. 

Your qualifying group was f***ing easy, mind. It's almost shameful it wasn't 10 out of 10 no matter who the manager was. Hell, if England was replaced with Norway I'd be expecting US to f***ing win that group, and we're f***ing shitter than s***. :lol:

Norway would have finished 4th in that group Kaiz, you're shite.

Not a snowball's chance in hell we'd have finished lower than those versions of Ukraine and Croatia. Or well, maybe Croatia. They play good stuff on their day, not a patch on their form up until late 08, though.

Who's the third team btw? Belarus? Are you mad? ???

Norway would have finished 4th in that group Kaiz, you're s****.

Not a snowball's chance in hell we'd have finished lower than those versions of Ukraine and Croatia. Who's the third team btw? Belarus? Are you mad? ???

Croatia and Ukraine are both better than Norway. When was the last major tournament you qualified for?

Belarus was just a dig, but you would have finished 3rd.

You were hardly outstanding in your group actually, if you'd got 2nd comfortably then yeah but I seem to remember you struggling to the finish line ahead of Scotland. Infact even Iceland and Macedonia put up a reasonable fight against you.

Norway would have finished 4th in that group Kaiz, you're s****.

Not a snowball's chance in hell we'd have finished lower than those versions of Ukraine and Croatia. Who's the third team btw? Belarus? Are you mad? ???

Croatia and Ukraine are both better than Norway. When was the last major tournament you qualified for?

Belarus was just a dig, but you would have finished 3rd.

2000, but that's not the point. The point is recent form, and if we faced off against those two I'd have full belief we'd be able to win. We've been shit for the better part of a decade, granted, but since 2008 we've taken massive steps and I have no doubt we'll be at the 2012 EC.

FIFA agrees re: Ukraine btw, not that they matter, but still. :lol:

22 Norway 878 0 Equal

23 Ghana 874 0 Equal

24 Ukraine 870 1 Up

You were hardly outstanding in your group actually, if you'd got 2nd comfortably then yeah but I seem to remember you struggling to the finish line ahead of Scotland. Infact even Iceland and Macedonia put up a reasonable fight against you.

Change of managers changed it all, went from shit Hareide to Drillo, which is the epitome of what I think an International manager should be. Great tactically (i.e. playing with the right tactic almost anybody can beat anybody philosophy) and a great player motivator.

Anyways, we've sidetracked. The main discussion was that Capello is a shit International manager, which he is.

It's strange seeing the media getting behind Newcastle Utd/One of our players. What's the world coming to.... next Andy Gray will pronounce his love of the club.

Won't last long like. He'll have one bad game and be labelled a false hope before long.

Managing England is hardly a fair gauge of a manager's capacity to manage a national team. It's basically an impossible job, for the reasons stated.

Sven, Sir Bobby. It's not impossible at all if you're the right mixture of a manager.

Though obviously you get sacked if you don't win the WC as the English media is delusional, but still. You have the potential to do well, you just need someone that could make you reach that potential by making the players believe they can reach it, rather than say "follow this gameplan and we'll win", which is the type of manager Capello is. It works well on club level, as you have your assistants to do the human connection between yourself and the players over time, but on International level you need to do the interaction and motivation yourself. Not your assistants, not David Beckham, yourself. As you only have the players for a short period of time and they need to believe in you and themselves.

It's strange seeing the media getting behind Newcastle Utd/One of our players. What's the world coming to.... next Andy Gray will pronounce his love of the club.

Won't last long like. He'll have one bad game and be labelled a false hope before long.

Aye, false Geordie Messiah.

Guest Heneage

s*** man Kaiz, you guys actually didn't beat Iceland. I know that's like some Viking derby or something, but come the f*** on!

At least we've beaten modern Germany. O0

So have England....

Either way Norway are shite.