West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

One thing I find astonishing is that Carroll was probably the least hyped of our young strikers over the past decade. Shola, Chopra, Guy, Offiong, Zola etc. all argubaly had bigger reputations at reserve level than AC9.

very true sir.

although the rest have spouted their mouth's off to the media saying they are going to do this and that! AC has just made his talking on the pitch and may let it continue

He took Richard Dunne apart today and he's no mug when he comes to centre-backs. Watched the match again tonight, and Carroll's overall performance was as good 2nd time around. Keep playing like that and an England call up won't be far off because simply there is no other young English forward like him at the moment. He's a real throwback to the classic old centre-forward. Love it. :coolsmiley:

Guest neesy111

He took Richard Dunne apart today and he's no mug when he comes to centre-backs. Watched the match again tonight, and Carroll's overall performance was as good 2nd time around. Keep playing like that and an England call up won't be far off because simply there is no other young English forward like him at the moment. He's a real throwback to the classic old centre-forward. Love it. :coolsmiley:

Looks a better version of Duncan Ferguson for me!

His performance was excellent and he's shown real hunger in both of our matches so far.

I really hope he keeps his head down and works hard because there are still areas of the his game where he could easily improve (movement around the box, right foot, stamina), but that'll only be done if he works hard and doesn't let performances like this go to his head.

The presenter on the tv channel I watched last night said that Hughton had already had a talk with him concerning his behaviour off the pitch and surprisingly, he said that Shearer had also had a long, long talk with Carroll about the responsibilities of being a top striker, of being the #9 at this club and about being someone who other people will constantly focus on. Carroll has good, experienced people around him and I hope he takes their advice to heart, knuckles down and works hard because you don't fluke a hat-trick in the Premiership; you certainly don't fluke it with the type of goals he scored last night.

He's been our most improved player over the past year and like Hughton said yesterday, he's still very young and has a lot more growing and maturing to do. Let's hope he's able to fulfill his potential with us because we'll be quite a team with a beast like him up front :thup:

Andy proved he is a prem class striker they all done well also Barton looking realy good! Its still aint sunk in yet 6-0

Got a mate that's a Stoke fan and didn't get why TP sounded so desperate to sign him. I think he realised why yesterday.

skysports:

Graham Hurd (Derby County fan) says...

We[England] are doing it again. A player has 1 good match and suddenly he is Englands saviour. He needs to score 25 goals + this season to be considered. I watched him a few times last season and his touch is poor, his pace is poor[ looks like he is treading water when he runs]. I guess he would be competing with crouch for a place. Crouch beats him on everything apart from his heading. Jury still out

his pace is poor  :lol:

Guest neesy111

skysports:

We[England] are doing it again. A player has 1 good match and suddenly he is Englands saviour. He needs to score 25 goals + this season to be considered. I watched him a few times last season and his touch is poor, his pace is poor[ looks like he is treading water when he runs]. I guess he would be competing with crouch for a place. Crouch beats him on everything apart from his heading. Jury still out

A derby county layer/fan in criticising Newcastle shocker :lol:

skysports:

A derby county layer/fan in criticising Newcastle shocker :lol:

Almost as people saying he's a better version of Duncan Ferguson. ;)

Chuffed for the lad, it would have given him such a confidence boost. Lets hope this kind of form continues because he was pretty impressive v Man Utd considering the scraps he was feeding off, just a pity about that header but its not going to be the last sitter he ever misses is it?