West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 goals in 7 starts in the Premier League btw.

Absolutely fantastic what he did on sunday. Very happy to see him get a hat-trick. In a strange way the relegation might have done us some good. Players like Carroll, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Coloccini m.m grew confidence last season, we won many games, scored lots of goales and they have taken the team spirit from last season into this PL campaign, and not least; the young players got the vital experience they probably needed before they can make it in the Prem.

I quite often see Louise Taylor and the word "cunt", in the same sentence on this forum. But reading that article I have to say, that cunt does write a lot of shit.

Love how Carroll "must lose some rough edges"... as if the likes of Terry, Gerrard, Cole, Scholes and co and complete charvers

I never wrote Carroll off as such, but I never rated him that highly. Times earlier last season he really frustrated me.

Just shows what a bit of faith and games can do for a player though, he's a bloody monster now and seems to get visably better every week.

Credit to him. He's improved himself, and made himself into a Premiership player, which I certainly didn't see occuring at this rapid a pace. I think we should sit and look on his performance this season instead of lavishin him with praise already, though. You never want a young player to get too high or too low.

Guest Loven11

I got told at work from a Liverpool fan that he was shit after the Man U game, so hope he continues to prove him wrong.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs089.snc1/5083_116934111521_516766521_2927859_1162057_n.jpg

Looking at this from July 2009, he's really filled out in the last 12 months. Maybe it's down to pushing her around.

Absolutely delighted that he's making progress as a striker and proving me wrong. :)

Had massive doubts about him for the first half of last season (think it was the Doncaster match where he missed 3 really good chances?) but he seemed to put it together from Xmas onwards. He's getting better and better and I couldn't be happier about it.

I am chuffed for him he's really living the dream. Its mad thinking back a couple of year ago though when he came on the odd time he never really looked like even offering anything like he's showing now. He didn't show many glimpses in the odd cameo he had. I always thought he might have something a bit different to offer with his height but most people would have said he wouldn't make it before last season. I remember him coming on in one game in particular and he got a huge amount of stick on here afterwards. I think it was against Man City at home.

I was surprised with the people who were calling him shit at the start of last season though, he impressed me despite his lack of goals. He has came on massively now though and it looks like we might have a genuine quality Premiership striker in the making if he keeps on improving. Its actually a really nice surprise that we might have actually managed to bring a good quality striker through the ranks for the first time in god knows how many years. Lets hope he keeps improving and doesn't start believing the hype yet because the papers I have read the last couple of days are really talking him up now like and the new number 9 superstar of tyneside.

He's gone from a chav kid to some kind of long haired icon in less than a year.

Didn't see the Villa game as was on holiday, but against Man United, he was strong, powerful, hardworking and confident, and I knew that if he carried it on he'd have no problems as he proved last season he can put the ball away.

Another example of why we shouldn't write off any player of that age.

Guest Heneage

Didn't see the Villa game as was on holiday, but against Man United, he was strong, powerful, hardworking and confident, and I knew that if he carried it on he'd have no problems as he proved last season he can put the ball away.

Practice what you preach James.  O0

What do you refer to?

man do yourself a favour and type "newcastle villa torrent" in google.. and enjoy

Guest Heneage

What do you refer to?

Around the time he got cornrows, you were saying we should release him.  :nope: