West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's gone from a chav kid to some kind of long haired icon in less than a year.

Didn't see the Villa game as was on holiday, but against Man United, he was strong, powerful, hardworking and confident, and I knew that if he carried it on he'd have no problems as he proved last season he can put the ball away.

Another example of why we shouldn't write off any player of that age.

Practice what you preach James.  O0

What do you refer to?

Around the time he got cornrows, you were saying we should release him.  :nope:

Please direct me to this post as I have no recollection of saying this.

will have to wait a bit longer for the England call up,  he's been picked for the Under 21's again.  Wilshere has been dropped back into the U21's but Gibbs hasn't so looks like he will keep his place in the senior squad.

He's gone from a chav kid to some kind of long haired icon in less than a year.

Didn't see the Villa game as was on holiday, but against Man United, he was strong, powerful, hardworking and confident, and I knew that if he carried it on he'd have no problems as he proved last season he can put the ball away.

Another example of why we shouldn't write off any player of that age.

Practice what you preach James.  O0

What do you refer to?

Around the time he got cornrows, you were saying we should release him.  :nope:

Please direct me to this post as I have no recollection of saying this.

Actually I've found the post, and was clearly a remark about how I hated his hair!

Always said the overhyped defenders in the premier league wouldn't know how to handle a lad this big and rough, I hope he flattens John Terry!!!!. Still scared to big him up when talking about him though, exceptional performance on Sunday yes but that was one game and an upset was always on the cards with the fans being pissed off and probably half the players thinking this would be the day to redeem some of that pride we lost going down at vp that day.

Hope Andy keeps proving everyone wrong an gives us someone to aspire to and rely on like many of our ex number 9's

will have to wait a bit longer for the England call up,  he's been picked for the Under 21's again.  Wilshere has been dropped back into the U21's but Gibbs hasn't so looks like he will keep his place in the senior squad.

When was the last time we had someone playing for England? Dyer, Parker?

When was the last time we had someone playing for England? Dyer, Parker?

Owen?

Smith. :lol:

Not played a game for England since we signed him.

He did I think. I seem to remember him starting one game up front alongside Owen (the last time I remember him actually playing for England or up front) and he wore the number 9 shirt  :lol: I think it was when he had just signed mind. Can't remember who it was against.

He did I think. I seem to remember him starting one game up front alongside Owen (the last time I remember him actually playing for England or up front) and he wore the number 9 shirt  :lol: I think it was when he had just signed mind. Can't remember who it was against.

According to nufc.co.uk his last appearance for England was against Brazil in May 2007 and then signed for us in August that year.

According to nufc.co.uk his last appearance for England was against Brazil in May 2007 and then signed for us in August that year.

nah, he played in some friendly shortly after signing..

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_2844902,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_2844902,00.html

I see, I shouldn't have trusted .cock.

Decent forward line on CM 01/02

That match you're talking about was against Germany, I think. Both, Owen and Smith played like clowns up front.

The Sun's back page has the headline 'JACKASS' followed by 'Fab axes Wilshere and Carroll'. They then put donkey ears on Capello. Wor Andy has made the big time!!! Its actually scary how quickly the campaign has stepped up.

The Sun's back page has the headline 'JACKASS' followed by 'Fab axes Wilshere and Carroll'. They then put donkey ears on Capello. Wor Andy has made the big time!!! Its actually scary how quickly the campaign has stepped up.

Christ. The campaign against Capello by the media makes me sick.