West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Carroll the talk has centred on his sheer girth and scale. He is 6ft 4in tall. This has been repeated many times, as though it is in itself the answer to something,

mick mccarthy on carroll and that he tried to sign him but got nowhere

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3114986/Mick-McCarthys-a-Carroll-singer.html

McCarthy - a burly centre-back in his playing days - knows his defenders have a game on their hands against the 6ft 5in ace.

He grows an inch every time I read an article about him, by Christmas he'll be standing waist deep in the Tyne like Godzilla, swatting Sky Sports helicopters out of the air. :lol:

Honestly though, it's ridiculous and almost slightly worrying.  I'm delighted he's coming good and he's an incredibly useful player for a team in our position to have with some future potential, that's it.  I just hope his sudden promotion from "Not good enough" against Man U to "Already the best traditional centre forward in the prem" and "First name on the Sun's England team sheet" doesn't lead to fans of other clubs demanding they nick him to become the ready made Drogba replacement or the answer to Liverpool's toothlessness up front.  It'll fuck us over and will probably disappoint his new gaffers when they play him up front on his own every match against title hopefuls and Champions League rivals and expect him to bag a hat-trick every match.

He's ours and we need him, England can have a look once he's concentrated on helping keep us up this first season and every other club can fuck off and buy some ready made player from abroad.

When does Capello name his next squad for the qualifiers? (Or has he done it already?)

I think Carroll should be getting into the squad from now on. England should build a team for the EURO 2012/WC 2014 and Carroll will probably be one of the best strikers by then.

When does Capello name his next squad for the qualifiers? (Or has he done it already?)

I think Carroll should be getting into the squad from now on. England should build a team for the EURO 2012/WC 2014 and Carroll will probably be one of the best strikers by then.

Carroll already named in the 21's but as i have said above, Zamora, Defoe and Crouch are doubtful.

Carroll already named in the 21's but as i have said above, Zamora, Defoe and Crouch are doubtful.

Cheers.  :thup:

If he continues his current form he should be in there imo. At the moment he's the best english striker in the league, isn't he?

Guest GeordieAce

I wonder how many journo's at The Sun actually watched much of Carroll last season? No doubt the lad's got talent but a hat-trick against a piss poor villa team and a goal today does not equate to being called up for England. I do think he has the potential to get in the squad but he's not ready yet imo.

I wonder how many journo's at The Sun actually watched much of Carroll last season? No doubt the lad's got talent but a hat-trick against a piss poor villa team and a goal today does not equate to being called up for England. I do think he has the potential to get in the squad but he's not ready yet imo.

Think the point is that the other options for England are rubbish. Agree he's got work to do though, an England call-up at this stage might cause his head to expand too much.

Fuck England anyway, I want him playing for us and meaningless friendlies are just asking for trouble regarding injuries.

He was pretty good last season too, think he deserves a call-up tbh.

Think the point is that the other options for England are rubbish. Agree he's got work to do though, an England call-up at this stage might cause his head to expand too much.

f*** England anyway, I want him playing for us and meaningless friendlies are just asking for trouble regarding injuries.

I disagree I think we need him to be arrogant.  And I thought these were qualifying games.