West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Or relying on another striker he won't score many either.

1 in 4 for Harewood now, when he gets to 2 in 10 does he get booted out the team as well?

There's a reason the strikers haven't been scoring many and I don't think its solely down to their individual abilities...

What on earth is up with the 'Carroll has lost his shooting boots, lets bring in Nile' comments?

Am I the only one who can't see the sense in replacing a player who hasn't been scoring, with a younger player who hasn't been scoring? :lol:

Yes.

1 in 4 for Harewood now, when he gets to 2 in 10 does he get booted out the team as well?

There's a reason the strikers haven't been scoring many and I don't think its solely down to their individual abilities...

There are not that many strikers that would score goals with an ineffective, paceless midfield for support, and a ball that just kept getting lobbed up to them.

1 in 4? Come on

Valid point, but TBF - our defence seems to be doing their part, with help from midfielders. Its just the forwards who AREN'T doing their end of the deal.

1 in 4? Come on

Come on what?  What happens if Harewood does get to ten games and has only scored 2 or 3?  

I'm surprised Carroll doesn't get the Oba Martins 'coming back from an injury' excuse afforded to him as well.

Valid point, but TBF - our defence seems to be doing their part, with help from midfielders. Its just the forwards who AREN'T doing their end of the deal.

Who can blame them? The ball is just being lobbed up to them, being expected to flick it on, go past defenders and hit the net with little or no support; it's harsh to give them all the blame man :lol:

1 in 4? Come on

Come on what?  What happens if Harewood does get to ten games and has only scored 2 or 3?  

I'm surprised Carroll doesn't get the Oba Martins 'coming back from an injury' excuse afforded to him as well.

Harewood played less than half and hour against Ipswich and QPR.

He's the only proven goal scorer we have fit and has to persevered with.

1 in 4? Come on

Harewood played less than half and hour against Ipswich and QPR.

He's the only proven goal scorer we have fit and has to persevered with.

Surely Carroll's record should read 2 in 8 then?

Honestly, how the hell was Carroll better than Harewood? christ Marlon wasn't good but at least he got into some goal scoring positions and had a couple of digs and when the ball was at his feet he did some nice lay offs and a lovely back heel. Carroll has had plenty of time this season to show us what he can do, but tbh he's been largely s*** and let's not forget he's a striker who never mind hasn't scored many but hasn't even looked like scoring.

It's not as if he's even good in general play, he's the exact opposite of what we should be playing as when the ball's at his feet he's slow and soft as s*** diving around like an eejit. This myth about his aerial ability is farcical too, he's 6'3 and gets regularly out-jumped by smaller defenders and when he does win them they're like a pinball, zooming off his head at 100mph in any direction, no wonder nobody can read his flick ons because they're so erratic.

Harewood wasn't good yesterday either, but in his 3 games or so for us he's had more chances than Carroll, and he's not even fit, the lad's not played football for basically 2 years. Stick with Harewood and either Ranger/Loven, as for Carroll he can stick to the bench as far as i'm concerned.

This isn't an overreaction?  He played bad in a team that is ****, no surprise.  Harewood hasn't played football for two years because he's woeful.

How's it an overreaction?

Andy Carroll hasn't proven himself at any senior level yet and you can't use the shit team excuse this season, we're second in the league. We were all over Forest in that second half and he didn't even get a sniff and if you're using that logic Harewood must be better because he actually had some chances yesterday playing for a 'shit team'. Look at it this way, since we've been in the Championship Carroll has been outdone by Kevin Nolan and Shola Ameobi, with the latter playing about 4 games.

Harewood isn't a world beater but he's hardly woeful. Take away his Wolves stint, he's had a tidy record in the Championship pretty much always getting well into double figures, and he did score 14 PL goals in his first season for West Ham. Give him some more game time and he'll get us goals at this level imo.

Whilst I haven't seen it again on telly, Ranger's header late on looked a chance any striker should be burying. I like the lad but he doesnt look any more likely to score than Harewood or Carroll.

Honestly, how the hell was Carroll better than Harewood? christ Marlon wasn't good but at least he got into some goal scoring positions and had a couple of digs and when the ball was at his feet he did some nice lay offs and a lovely back heel. Carroll has had plenty of time this season to show us what he can do, but tbh he's been largely s*** and let's not forget he's a striker who never mind hasn't scored many but hasn't even looked like scoring.

It's not as if he's even good in general play, he's the exact opposite of what we should be playing as when the ball's at his feet he's slow and soft as s*** diving around like an eejit. This myth about his aerial ability is farcical too, he's 6'3 and gets regularly out-jumped by smaller defenders and when he does win them they're like a pinball, zooming off his head at 100mph in any direction, no wonder nobody can read his flick ons because they're so erratic.

Harewood wasn't good yesterday either, but in his 3 games or so for us he's had more chances than Carroll, and he's not even fit, the lad's not played football for basically 2 years. Stick with Harewood and either Ranger/Loven, as for Carroll he can stick to the bench as far as i'm concerned.

This isn't an overreaction?  He played bad in a team that is ****, no surprise.  Harewood hasn't played football for two years because he's woeful.

Andy Carroll hasn't proven himself at any senior level yet and you can't use the s*** team excuse this season, we're second in the league. We were all over Forest in that second half and he didn't even get a sniff and if you're using that logic Harewood must be better because he actually had some chances yesterday playing for a 's*** team'. Look at it this way, since we've been in the Championship Carroll has been outdone by Kevin Nolan and Shola Ameobi, with the latter playing about 4 games.

Harewood isn't a world beater but he's hardly woeful. Take away his Wolves stint, he's had a tidy record in the Championship pretty much always getting well into double figures, and he did score 14 PL goals in his first season for West Ham. Give him some more game time and he'll get us goals at this level imo.

We're second in the league and yes were are playing ****, I can't believe people don't notice this, we've been **** all season.  Carroll didn't have a good game, I agree, but to start saying stuff like his heading is always crap is just rubbish.

As for your last bit...Harewood should be given time but Carroll, who's 20, should be written off?  Right.

Edit- A bit of faith in Carroll and he'll come good IMO, he's got bags of potential, as has Ranger, and it's mental to write either off at the moment.

Of course it's not the sole reason, but Harewood has managed to get into some threatening positions and forced some saves etc Carroll has done nothing.

Of course it's not the sole reason, but Harewood has managed to get into some threatening positions and forced some saves etc Carroll has done nothing.

Agree. Andy needs to get his finger out and start producing.

Its not as if he's in the Prem. Hell - Mickey Chops has no problem scoring regularly in the Championship for Cardiff, and didn't get much in the Prem, like Carroll.

Andy Carroll hasn't proven himself at any senior level yet and you can't use the s*** team excuse this season, we're second in the league. We were all over Forest in that second half and he didn't even get a sniff and if you're using that logic Harewood must be better because he actually had some chances yesterday playing for a 's*** team'. Look at it this way, since we've been in the Championship Carroll has been outdone by Kevin Nolan and Shola Ameobi, with the latter playing about 4 games.

We're second in the league and yes were are playing ****, I can't believe people don't notice this, we've been **** all season.  Carroll didn't have a good game, I agree, but to start saying stuff like his heading is always crap is just rubbish.

As for your last bit...Harewood should be given time but Carroll, who's 20, should be written off?  Right.

neither should be written off, harewoods finding his feet at a new club after 2 years of little to no football so it will take a little bit of time and carroll is young and learning, what he offers us is plenty of effort and work rate and while i agree he needs to work on his shooting its a bit ridiculous to write him off now

neither should be written off, harewoods finding his feet at a new club after 2 years of little to no football so it will take a little bit of time and carroll is young and learning, what he offers us is plenty of effort and work rate and while i agree he needs to work on his shooting its a bit ridiculous to write him off now

Yep, I agree.

Edit- A bit of faith in Carroll and he'll come good IMO, he's got bags of potential, as has Ranger, and it's mental to write either off at the moment.

Carroll shouldn't be written off totally, i'm saying he's unproven at any level and at the moment he's doing precisely nothing, he's not even forced a save in 4 games, so give me a reason to persevere with him? Imo he should be benched. You say that nobody notices we're playing shit, i think average would be a far more suitable term, and if we've been that shit how come other players have managed to perform? He's had 2 good games this season man, he's had plenty to shine.

What the hell does being 20 have anything to do with it? Harewood hasn't played in 2 years, of course he's going to be rusty but he actually looks like he could score a goal at some point in a match which would be rather handy in our current predicament.

As for his heading, you tell me how the great effect of Andy Carroll's head has really helped us this season? In fact yesterday he had 2 headers in the box and he sent them in the opposite direction, it's been like that all season, not just yesterday.

No, he shouldn't be "written off" - but no-one has said that.

People have been RIGHTLY saying, he's a striker. He should be scoring. He isn't.

Nile Ranger hasn't but you can see one coming. You can't with Andy.

If a striker isn't scoring, why should he start ? In this case, it seems because the others arent either.

Hardly glowing recommendations, eh?

You can see a goal coming from Ranger who hasn't scored but not from Carroll who has scored?

Gallowgate Toon:  Carroll has scored one and set up one with his head (not loads obviously but its not nothing either), he's won countless headers throughout the season, say he's lazy can't shoot etc. but I can't see how you can say his heading is ****, as I said, he had a bad game yesterday

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You can see a goal coming from Ranger who hasn't scored but not from Carroll who has scored?

Gallowgate Toon:  Carroll has scored one and set up one with his head (not loads obviously but its not nothing either),

That's right, one is one more than nothing. I wondered where Carol Voderman had got to after countdown.

he's won countless headers throughout the season, say he's lazy can't shoot etc. but I can't see how you can say his heading is ****, as I said, he had a bad game yesterday

You can say his heading is shit when he has 5 balls placed on his head in the opponent's box and makes his attempts  look like fucking clearances.

Gallowgate Toon:  Carroll has scored one and set up one with his head (not loads obviously but its not nothing either),

That's right, one is one more than nothing. I wondered where Carol Voderman had got to after countdown.

And two* is one more than one, what's your point idiot? 

*You obviously can't read so just to let you know, the two refers to the two goals that Carroll's head was involved in (one a goal, the other a direct assist).

Now you can carry on with your usual crappy, negative, sarcastic and generally worthless posts.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I wish I couldn't read so I didn't have to take in the awful drivel some people slobber out on here. The one refers to the one goal Carroll has scored with his head, as opposed to the countless chances he's wasted with it. We rarely get a chance to see how bad his finishing is because if he's not on his arse then he's usually fluffing a chance to shoot.