West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

don't think he is a premiership player either, has to change as he's becoming too cocky, and at the mo just doesn't do it for me

Are you having a laugh? He's barely a championship player man

Would you be up for giving Baheng a bash?

don't think he is a premiership player either, has to change as he's becoming too cocky, and at the mo just doesn't do it for me

on the head? Don't even know what he looks like i'm afraid, sorry.

His worst performance of the season to date I'm afraid. Started well in the air but then turned into a bit of a square head, some of his attempts looked like defensive clearences. On the ground he was awful, oh when he wasn't on his arse of course.

Guest Heneage

Scoring for the reserves.

What is your starting xi you seem genuinely switched on when it comes to the team. I think the current strikers need a shock resting on their laurels.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Makes me laugh some of our fans. Yorkie fucking bums Carroll and he is in the 'I have been to the game therefore my opinion is valid' brigade, despite the fact that he spends over half the match staring at fat men's sweaty arses and he's too bloody stupid in the first place to judge any player.

Shola has been called bambi on ice many times, what does that make Carroll? Retard on ice? Can't the lad stay on his feet for more than 3 seconds.

Scoring for the reserves.

What is your starting xi you seem genuinely switched on when it comes to the team. I think the current strikers need a shock resting on their laurels.

Right now i'd give Ranger and Harewood a go together, given that Carroll hasn't quite taken to the championship as we'd expected.

Alternatively, at some stage we may have to revert back to the dreaded 4-5-1 in order to dominate possession and allow our biggest goal threat to concentrate on getting forward.

2 goals in 10 games now

seriously man, no more f***ing excuses

Who would you bring in that has / will have a better ratio?

Shola, eventually.  :nope:

Until then i'd like to see us experiment for a couple of games with Ranger, who looks as likely as Carroll to score (ie not really) and is the better prospect in the long term.

2 goals in 10 games now

seriously man, no more f***ing excuses

Who would you bring in that has / will have a better ratio?

EDIT: You've answered that above.  Seen nothing from Ranger to suggest he's any more of a goalscorer.

neither have I. But then again i'd only ever play Carroll if we were employing the long ball system which has failed us badly in the last 3 games.

Honestly, how the hell was Carroll better than Harewood? christ Marlon wasn't good but at least he got into some goal scoring positions and had a couple of digs and when the ball was at his feet he did some nice lay offs and a lovely back heel. Carroll has had plenty of time this season to show us what he can do, but tbh he's been largely shit and let's not forget he's a striker who never mind hasn't scored many but hasn't even looked like scoring.

It's not as if he's even good in general play, he's the exact opposite of what we should be playing as when the ball's at his feet he's slow and soft as shit diving around like an eejit. This myth about his aerial ability is farcical too, he's 6'3 and gets regularly out-jumped by smaller defenders and when he does win them they're like a pinball, zooming off his head at 100mph in any direction, no wonder nobody can read his flick ons because they're so erratic.

Harewood wasn't good yesterday either, but in his 3 games or so for us he's had more chances than Carroll, and he's not even fit, the lad's not played football for basically 2 years. Stick with Harewood and either Ranger/Loven, as for Carroll he can stick to the bench as far as i'm concerned.

My problem with Harewood is that sometimes he just doesn't look up for it at all. He doesn't jump to challenge for a header, he doesn't stick his foot in to challenge for a ball, nothing. He just watches the ball go past him to the defender. So frustrating; at least Carroll jumps and runs!

My problem with Harewood is that sometimes he just doesn't look up for it at all. He doesn't jump to challenge for a header, he doesn't stick his foot in to challenge for a ball, nothing. He just watches the ball go past him to the defender. So frustrating; at least Carroll jumps and runs!

If Carroll was a midfielder i'd be satisfied with some good running, but he's a striker and he's posing zero threat to the opposition's goal. Harewood has scored one, hit the post twice and forced a couple of decent saves from keepers in 3 matches. Carroll has done nothing of note, i'd rather have those goal scoring opportunities (which i believe Harewood will put away when he gets more game time) over some running and jumping.

Honestly, how the hell was Carroll better than Harewood? christ Marlon wasn't good but at least he got into some goal scoring positions and had a couple of digs and when the ball was at his feet he did some nice lay offs and a lovely back heel. Carroll has had plenty of time this season to show us what he can do, but tbh he's been largely s*** and let's not forget he's a striker who never mind hasn't scored many but hasn't even looked like scoring.

It's not as if he's even good in general play, he's the exact opposite of what we should be playing as when the ball's at his feet he's slow and soft as s*** diving around like an eejit. This myth about his aerial ability is farcical too, he's 6'3 and gets regularly out-jumped by smaller defenders and when he does win them they're like a pinball, zooming off his head at 100mph in any direction, no wonder nobody can read his flick ons because they're so erratic.

Harewood wasn't good yesterday either, but in his 3 games or so for us he's had more chances than Carroll, and he's not even fit, the lad's not played football for basically 2 years. Stick with Harewood and either Ranger/Loven, as for Carroll he can stick to the bench as far as i'm concerned.

This isn't an overreaction?  He played bad in a team that is ****, no surprise.  Harewood hasn't played football for two years because he's woeful.

Andy hasn't been either strong or dominant.

His shooting boots seem to keep being left in the dressing room.

All in all, needs to spend a little time on the bench and give Nile a run.

Regardless of who's been scoring we've played most of our best football with Ranger and Carroll up front, I don't see why Harewood *has* to be in the team.  We managed fine before he arrived, even with Shola out.

What on earth is up with the 'Carroll has lost his shooting boots, lets bring in Nile' comments?

Am I the only one who can't see the sense in replacing a player who hasn't been scoring, with a younger player who hasn't been scoring? :lol: