West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has to be said - the change in him after Harewood went off....

Is Harewood one of the Harry Potter "Dementors" ?

He seems to drain the ability out of other players !

Guest Alan Shearer 9

fair play to him, despite a shocking game up until 60 minutes he took his goal brilliantly and did well for the winner  :clap:

Just got back, he's world class

We miss Shola so badly I feel like hitting someone.

Pleased to say he's finally getting positives instead of some of the baffling attacks on him

Could never understand it meself.

I could understand it, he was absolutely crap for long periods of time.

Now at this level & after some goals he got some confidence again.

Which he'll probably need to get back again following this injury, so he'll need a quick goal. Or it could be back to woeful.

fair play to him, despite a shocking game up until 60 minutes he took his goal brilliantly and did well for the winner :clap:

A lot of his aerial play is about flick ons rather than holding it up and so he's not suited to the one up front role that Hughton plays him is (like on Tuesday night).

Harewoods movement was non existant today but with a decent "runner" alongside him he looks far better.

Needs to work on his simple finishing, he seems to take the difficult chances better.  

Guest Geordiekev

carroll and nile actually look like a partnership, no other combination has offered this

Agreed Ranger has the abillity to read Carroll and often gets into a position whereby they can play off eachother, this goes back to the reserve games last season, Nolan also plays off Ranger as he is superb at holding up play in and around the box until the midfield get amongst it, he is my pick of the bunch.

All he needs is to get himself on the scoresheet and open his 1st team account, Hughton has to play this lad, he was good enough when the rest was crocked and managed to play a lone role better than any other forward in our current squad.

Fair enough he looked tired and was rested after that period but his time has come around again and Hughton just has to give him a spot, the game was raised to a different level today with his pressence.

Younger players will always be inconsistent and have shockers. I remember Gazza having a few rotten games when he was with us as a kid. You have to keep faith with them and they'll come good. Carroll to me looks like he's got some ability, but if he's also got the big time charlie attitude then he'll never be the player that he could end up being.

Havent seen the miss but nicely taken finish. He's got a good shot on him & we know he can head...he just has to work on his movement & composure. He has the ability to score more than he is, think he'll improve.

Having missed the Forest and Scunthorpe games, and seeing the game today, i can't help but still have a lot of time for Carroll. His attitude puts me off a bit, though. He does seem like he's made it when he hasn't... that's only his third goal this season. I think he's a good player, just as raw as it comes. I wish he had a legendary striker/goalscorer tutoring him and toning down his obvious arrogance. If only there was one of those about. :(

i thought his attitude was excellent today,  he could have hid after his miss, what a shocker that was, but he continued to fight and didn't hide, took his goal brillianty, superb volley, great technique and then done brilliant to set up Nolan for the winner. 

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Carroll is terrible. I'd rather play with 10 men

What you do in your private life is not relevant here.

Took his goal well today.