West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've established that he wasn't good enough for Villa, ok. He's hit 21 and 18 in the championship in 03 and 05 and managed 14 in the premiership in 06.

He also managed 5 goals for Villa in 07-08 despite only starting 1 game that season. He's capable of goals is all i'm saying.

Wiki seems to have him down as 20 league goals for that season. Of course he should start as what is the point of bringing in experienced loan signing & not playing him.

We've established that he wasn't good enough for Villa, ok. He's hit 21 and 18 in the championship in 03 and 05 and managed 14 in the premiership in 06.

He also managed 5 goals for Villa in 07-08 despite only starting 1 game that season. He's capable of goals is all i'm saying.

Wiki seems to have him down as 20 league goals for that season. Of course he should start as what is the point of bringing in experienced loan signing & not playing him.

espn had 21, not that it matters in the slightest

Of course it does as it means your PR guff like "he's hit more than 20 in the championship in one season" is ever so slightly not correct.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that while Carroll could and probably will be a very useful player for us, he'll never be a premiership striker.

If there's nothing significant to seperate Carroll and Ranger's contribution right now, i'd be tempted to stick Ranger in, given that he has the most potential by far.

Unbelievable statement, considering the striker you champion Drogba scored 7 goals in 47 games in his early career yet you say he is the best striker in the world.

I didn't see Drogba play before his days at Marseilles so I can't comment. I have seen Carroll for the last year though, and he looks to be a pretty f***ing rubbish football who occassionally uses his size to very good effect.

Fair enough, but he's young,he is a good size (especially for this league), good left foot, handy in the air so he obviously has some ability and potential.. just like Drogba did back then.

I'm certain if we had a young Didier who had 7 in 47 games, you would be saying he wouldn't be a top-tier striker right? let alone world class. So you shouldn't be too quick to right him off just yet.

:lol: Comparing Carroll to Drogba :lol:

Of course it does as it means your PR guff like "he's hit more than 20 in the championship in one season" is ever so slightly not correct.

but it is correct me old china plate

but it is correct me old china plate

:thup: for using the phrase china plate

The Villa website has him down as 20 CCC + 1 league cup goal

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10265~13557,00.html

I am off to sleep now.....

Guest Alan Shearer 9

he's been a handful for defenders 

When? He wasn't exactly a handful for Forrest was he? A handful of shite maybe.

he has a good left foot seems strike the ball well

Honestly you must be blind. For every instance you could cite of him hitting a ball well there are hundreds of examples by now of shit touches, his technique is clearly raw at best, and fucking horrific at worst. If you can't see that then obviously you are no judge of a player.

I can understand people wanting him to do well as he's a young local lad but from everything I've heard he's got a shit attitude and when that extends into shit on the pitch it becomes hard to like him. If the standard of our squad means we have Carroll as anything more than a 4th choice striker then we'll struggle to win the Championship, I just hope our quality in other areas will see us through to promotion.

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that while Carroll could and probably will be a very useful player for us, he'll never be a premiership striker.

If there's nothing significant to seperate Carroll and Ranger's contribution right now, i'd be tempted to stick Ranger in, given that he has the most potential by far.

Unbelievable statement, considering the striker you champion Drogba scored 7 goals in 47 games in his early career yet you say he is the best striker in the world.

I didn't see Drogba play before his days at Marseilles so I can't comment. I have seen Carroll for the last year though, and he looks to be a pretty f***ing rubbish football who occassionally uses his size to very good effect.

Fair enough, but he's young,he is a good size (especially for this league), good left foot, handy in the air so he obviously has some ability and potential.. just like Drogba did back then.

I'm certain if we had a young Didier who had 7 in 47 games, you would be saying he wouldn't be a top-tier striker right? let alone world class. So you shouldn't be too quick to right him off just yet.

He's not comparing their respective abilities though is he?  He's comparing the situations and saying it has been proven in the past that writing off a striker at 20 is a bit silly.

Don't let that minor point get in the way of a 'funny' post though.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ok fair enough, let's look at the respective situations then. We're not exactly a breeding ground for young talent are we? It's been rare that we've had young players really develop in our squads for several years and now we're in the biggest shambles since the last relegation. I could see Carroll developing into a Championship standard player eventually, but if he's starting every week under these circumstances with the pressure to lead the line he's clearly going to falter. He needs to be a squad player at best atm.

*Don't let that major point get in the way of your drivel though

Carroll would need to make major improvements in both his attitude and application of talent if he wanted to be even an average Premiership striker.

Aye his attitude is terrible under the circumstances, could establish himself as the first choice striker and be a bit of a hero for firing us back into the premiership giving he's a local lad and all that. Just doesn't seem like he's giving it his all and he's constantly moaning about something. Not even going to mention his cowardly attack on Nzogbia last season.

I'm the one talking drivel?  When you're coming out with stuff like:

"When? He wasn't exactly a handful for Forrest was he? A handful of s**** maybe."

I agree with some of the points you made in your last post but then you had to spoil it with the drivel stuff.  ;D  All I said was that he wasn't comparing Drogba's and Carroll's abilities which is blatantly true and he probably only used the Drogba example because Ronaldo rates him highly, hardly drivel.

Guest Heneage

Carroll would need to make major improvements in both his attitude and application of talent if he wanted to be even an average Premiership striker.

Aye his attitude is terrible under the circumstances, could establish himself as the first choice striker and be a bit of a hero for firing us back into the premiership giving he's a local lad and all that. Just doesn't seem like he's giving it his all and he's constantly moaning about something. Not even going to mention his cowardly attack on Nzogbia last season.

Watching him fall all over and argue with ref's it's embarrassing like, I hate players that do it.

Do we know it was cowardly? I remembe there was bother but can't remember the full details of it. Either way N'Zogbia deserved a good kicking anyway.

Do we know it was cowardly? I remembe there was bother but can't remember the full details of it. Either way N'Zogbia deserved a good kicking anyway.

After his performance against Blackburn he certainly did, the cheese eating surrender monkey.

Carroll is certainly one of the best players to come out of our academy in the last 20 years.. Honestly I don't know what some people expect.. He ain't no speed merchant, he doesn't run at people. I think he has every chance to become a great target man. He wins every header ffs - Can anybody think of another young striker as good as Carroll in the air?

Carroll is certainly one of the best players to come out of our academy in the last 20 years.. Honestly I don't know what some people expect.. He ain't no speed merchant, he doesn't run at people. I think he has every chance to become a great target man. He wins every header ffs - Can anybody think of another young striker as good as Carroll in the air?

Pilko

I compared Drogba's first few years with Carrolls. ..

Ronaldo rates Drogba the best striker around, he also thinks that Carroll will never make it in the PL.. yet their first professional seasons goals to games are pretty much identical...  so its all too soon to tell how good Carroll will get. Which is what i was pointing out with the Drogba example.

Since your thick as shit i'm not surprised you didn't understand.