West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What irks me most about this Spurs/Carroll saga is that we'd never hear the end of it Saggy face moaning if someone continually whacked in bids for Bale in spite of both the manager and club continually reiterating that he's not for sale. Bunch of cunts that Spurs lot, and hypocrites to boot.

We should just do this tbh. Everytime the saggy scrotum faced wankbag talks about Carroll, talk about Bale. Everytime the saggy scrotum faced wankbag puts in a bid for Carroll, put in a piss-takingly derisory bid for Bale. Just show them up for the pieces of shit they are and irritate the fuck out of them. Hell, I'd be so immature I'd put someone on the payroll to contact Spurs every one minute, placing new bids for Bale, upping the offer by 1p everytime.

:lol: I was thinking something similar.

why dont we all start e mailing bids to spurs? or we could bid through ssn?

I don't really want it to happen, because we all need our heroes, but there's a rational argument for selling Carroll for big bucks and using the proceeds to rebuild the squad, much as Everton did with Rooney. It would be nonsense to try to do this now, though, days before the end of the transfer window.

Did they? I thought Everton fans are always saying the purse strings are held far too tightly?

Also, how much rebuilding do we even need? The core of our first team is pretty good with Carroll. False economy IMO.

People keep saying this. We "know" no such thing, What we DO know (those of us who have been paying attention, anyway) is that a) Ashley has taken absolutely no money out of the club so far, and b) he has said that all money from player sales will go back into the squad, and that, from the accounts published so far, this has indeed been the case.

I don't really want it to happen, because we all need our heroes, but there's a rational argument for selling Carroll for big bucks and using the proceeds to rebuild the squad, much as Everton did with Rooney. It would be nonsense to try to do this now, though, days before the end of the transfer window.

Ashley has taken money out of the club and it was in out accounts, he didn't take much but it was a few £million.

Maybe, perhaps, possibly, we should be thankful that Ashley's overall wealth and business structure means he does not HAVE to use the club as a cash cow to finance other interests. He could but he doesn't need to and probably won't unless he became very spiteful.

It may be that as an owner he is preferable to a dodgy American hedge fund operator looking to buy a "soccerball" club on the cheap and then selling the club's prize asset to the first serious bidder looking at it strictly as profit and loss.

Maybe, just maybe, English albeit southerner or FCB is actually best.

Spurs are only trying to unsettle Carroll,Ashley should remind Levy who pulls in the higher attendances.

2 or 3 seasons from now I'd be expecting us to be top 4 challengers ahead of them,so tax fiddling cunt can fuck right off.

That's Redknapp not you HTT.

Just need to keep on saying no.  :undecided:

Resigned to the fact that eventually someone will come in with a bid that's too good to turn down and he'll move on but I'm hoping that it's later rather than sooner. He's a diamond and as long as he wants to play for us I'd be more than happy to see him lead the line for us. It's just once he gets his head turned....

People keep saying this. We "know" no such thing, What we DO know (those of us who have been paying attention, anyway) is that a) Ashley has taken absolutely no money out of the club so far, and b) he has said that all money from player sales will go back into the squad, and that, from the accounts published so far, this has indeed been the case.

Ashley has taken money out of the club and it was in out accounts, he didn't take much but it was a few £million.

Link?

Link?

Bet he hasnt taken the 400-500 million hes put in.

If the offer is legitimate and if indeed it has been flatly rejected, full credit to Ashley.  Most observers would have expected him to snap up the cash - or at least keep the lines of communication open.  Carroll is hugely important to our long-term ambitions to get the club back to the upper mid-table/regular European qualification we had for a decade or so.  And obviously utilizing that money in this transfer window, or what's left of it, would be virtually impossible and monumentally stupid.  I'm thrilled the club is making their lack of interest so clear.

Plus, as so many others have written, it's just fantastic to have a homegrown player achieve such success leading the line for our club.  Huge huge credit as well to Carroll for what appears to be a very legitimate love of his club.

I don't believe Levy wanted a bid for Carroll to be successful.  More likely to be a PR stunt imo.

then bidding 23m is a bit of a gamble in that scenario

care to explain further?

All the talk in the weeks building up to the start of the window was a striker being the #1 target as Crouch, Defoe and Keane had got 1 league goal between them.  A number of names were thrown up, Suarez, Forlan, Carroll, Benzema, Rossi, Eto'o and a couple of others.  Bids for permanent moves/loan deals were made  but the two consistent ITK talk coming out was 1) Redknapp was far from convinced that Suarez is a good fit for the Premier League and 2) Carroll was Redknapp's #1 pick but that Levy was adamant he  wasn't going to bid £20m+ for a player with half a season's experience in the PL.

There isn't an ITK who thinks that Carrol will move to Spurs and one has suggested that it's been put out that we have had a £25m bid turned down just to show the fans we were 'trying' to get a striker in rather than admit that they've f*cked up the window.  I just share that opinion, if Levy is adamant he will not pay more than £20m for a certain player he isn't going to offer £25m for that player about 3 weeks later.