West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

i believe that ideally carroll would stay. but he's having his hand forced here. he'd not be travelling to liverpool if he was going to reject terms.

Again, where is it confirmed that he's on his way to liverpool.  Everything is just speculation.

David Craig, "Pardew has been open and honest since he arrived here"

Pardew only days ago, "Andy Carroll is not for sale"

Yes very fucking honest!

You're a mong, sorry but that post is thick as fuck :lol:

f*** me with a feather, the club dont do business through the media, calm down.

I dont understand why people are going on like its done coz a few bell ends are bigging up a few rumours.

It's hardly a few 'bell ends', it all over the national press and on national radio and new sites. It still might not happen and I admire your optimism but this has been building all day and looks to have more than a kernel of truth in it, unfortunatley

Guest neesy111

Clubs with ambition don't sell their best players. 

Well Mike Ashley has now confirmed it 100% he's only staying around to recoup most of his money back so he can fuck off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

RAWK

And if AC can become the main England striker for 2014 he will make us money on shirt sales, etc...  He's young, so if he doesn't QUITE pan out we should be able to make some of that money back.

:lol: Always thinking a head.

i believe that ideally carroll would stay. but he's having his hand forced here. he'd not be travelling to liverpool if he was going to reject terms.

Again, where is it confirmed that he's on his way to liverpool.  Everything is just speculation.

Make your fucking mind up. :lol:

This reminds me of when Arsenal sold Anelka way back when. He was young, pace, lethal and looked like he was on top of the world. Real came in with a huge offer and Arsenal accepted. The Arsenal fans went nuts but they recovered to win multiple trophies, Anelka succumbed to the pressures at Real and to his own personal demons and never fulfilled the obvious potential that he had as a 19 year old.

Carroll is a striker on top of the world as well, and now Liverpool have come in with a similarly huge offer. It's not the end of the world if we sell him in the summer. Selling him now is a short-sighted decision because we're still 10 points away from safety and anything can happen, so we should reject whatever offer is made today. Let's also not forget that Carroll has had more than his fair share of troubles and it's still not certain that he'll end fulfilling his potential. He could easily continue drinking until 25, losing his fitness and end up becoming just another tall, lumbering striker.

£35m is still an insane sum for such an inexperienced striker. I can't believe someone will pay him more than Dzeko, Tevez and Villa (as someone said on the BBC). It's a ridiculous sum.

We're getting all the lines today :lol:

Well Mike Ashley has now confirmed it 100% he's only staying around to recoup most of his money back so he can f*** off.

And we have a full house! :lol:

How can you not buy and say your going to build a team instaed and then sell the talent that comes through. Ashleys a twat.

season ticket sales will go down the toilet, you stupid bastard

Keeping Carroll give the fans hope that we could progress as a team, now fans know we are a selling club.  Last time this happened the fans went off in droves in the 80's the same will happen here.

i said earlier it feels like the mid 80s all over agian,...after selling waddle ,beardsley, gazza we got relegated, stupid fucks.

Well Mike Ashley has now confirmed it 100% he's only staying around to recoup most of his money back so he can fuck off.

That took a long time for you to change your mind again. :doh:

We're going to get f***ing pumped on Wednesday.

Aye, what with Carroll missing from the team for the first time an all...

We're going to get f***ing pumped on Wednesday.

Tard.

Yeah because confidence in the squad is going to be sky fucking high after today.

Guest neesy111

Can you actually see anyone renewing their season tickets if this happens?

They were already going to be massively down because of the 3 year season ticket ending.  This will push it even more, unless Ashley decides to go on a Freddy Shepherd designed transfer spree.