West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Carroll wants to go and we pocket £35m for players in the summer then logically that's sensible.

Absolutely gutting though if it happens. Really would be increadibly disappointing. :no:

/Every fucking time things are on the up......

This reminds me of when Arsenal sold Anelka way back when. He was young, pace, lethal and looked like he was on top of the world. Real came in with a huge offer and Arsenal accepted. The Arsenal fans went nuts but they recovered to win multiple trophies, Anelka succumbed to the pressures at Real and to his own personal demons and never fulfilled the obvious potential that he had as a 19 year old.

Carroll is a striker on top of the world as well, and now Liverpool have come in with a similarly huge offer. It's not the end of the world if we sell him in the summer. Selling him now is a short-sighted decision because we're still 10 points away from safety and anything can happen, so we should reject whatever offer is made today. Let's also not forget that Carroll has had more than his fair share of troubles and it's still not certain that he'll end fulfilling his potential. He could easily continue drinking until 25, losing his fitness and end up becoming just another tall, lumbering striker.

£35m is still an insane sum for such an inexperienced striker. I can't believe someone will pay him more than Dzeko, Tevez and Villa (as someone said on the BBC). It's a ridiculous sum.

Eh? Arsenal were a top team who could recover from losing one good player (who wasn't even their best player at the time). We're a mid-table side losing their best player. Completely different situations.

I'm comparing the type of players and the similarities that exist. It wasn't meant to be a direct comparison.

We're a mid-table side, which means we have a lot of room to improve, if the money is reinvested well. That's the only reason selling Carroll in the summer is justifiable. I don't know, I have a good feeling about our transfers. It seems that our scourting network is developed and we won't be throwing money at young, overpriced English players or old has-beens looking for a last payday.

We're going to get f***ing pumped on Wednesday.

Aye, what with Carroll missing from the team for the first time an all...

We're going to get f***ing pumped on Wednesday.

Tard.

Yeah because confidence in the squad is going to be sky f***ing high after today.

QBG

Massive Spacker

How apt

:lol: fuck off. As much as I'd like to believe that the squad will be able to pull themselves up from this straight away, I just can't see it. I'm sure Nolan and Barton and the like will be pros and try and get everyone up for it but we're selling our best player and Fulham just shagged Spurs 4-0. I'm not confident.

i believe that ideally carroll would stay. but he's having his hand forced here. he'd not be travelling to liverpool if he was going to reject terms.

Again, where is it confirmed that he's on his way to liverpool.  Everything is just speculation.

You have a calming effect Neesy.

I will be gutted if he is sold (really gutted) BUT thats football, I said the same when Cole, Ginola, Bassong, Martins, and plenty of othersd so its not like we have never been here before. £35 million is BIG money and it could lead us to bringing in some Quality players in the summer. I know that does not help us for the rest of the season but IMO we need 15 points to be safe and I think it is acheivable without Carroll.

I do believe it is true, but never say never with journalists as they are rubbish at predicting stories etc.

Just wait for official confirmation on stuff before going loose with rage.

Clubs with ambition don't sell their best players. 

Well Mike Ashley has now confirmed it 100% he's only staying around to recoup most of his money back so he can fuck off.

:mackems:

Is he going? An update would be appreciated.

To summarise:

Neither club has said anything.

Billy Bullshit has heard unconfirmed reports Carroll is travelling to the North West and SSN have said we would accept a bid of £35 million.

Conflicting reports form the BBC and the Chronicle have stated Carroll's prefrence.

In other words no one knows fuck all.

i believe that ideally carroll would stay. but he's having his hand forced here. he'd not be travelling to liverpool if he was going to reject terms.

Again, where is it confirmed that he's on his way to liverpool.  Everything is just speculation.

I will be gutted if he is sold (really gutted) BUT thats football, I said the same when Cole, Ginola, Bassong, Martins, and plenty of othersd so its not like we have never been here before. £35 million is BIG money and it could lead us to bringing in some Quality players in the summer. I know that does not help us for the rest of the season but IMO we need 15 points to be safe and I think it is acheivable without Carroll.

I do believe it is true, but never say never with journalists as they are rubbish at predicting stories etc.

Yep you're right, just seen this on .co.uk :

And the club is also braced for interest in its players from other teams, so there is bound to be speculation throughout the day.

But there's only one place to come to find out the facts - nufc.co.uk, which will be the first website to break any ins and outs from St. James' Park.

Remember, if it's not on nufc.co.uk it's not official so stay logged in until that window slams shut this evening!

So gonna stay on there a bit like, see if anything comes on there first as it says.

But probs won't relax until the window is closed.

Trouble is that .cock might just release anews story once it has happened and not gove updates as to whats going on.

I hate this fucking Veil of Secrecy Bullshit that Ashley has installed at the club. Communication is key (or thats what the guv'nor keeps going on abouit)

Guest neesy111

Clubs with ambition don't sell their best players. 

Well Mike Ashley has now confirmed it 100% he's only staying around to recoup most of his money back so he can fuck off.

:mackems:

That is if the deal goes, through I probably worded it wrong.  Stop going on like an idiot.