West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

It doesn't say anything about the other guy throwing his glass.

he threw the drink first the other guy, so ac can say he was provoked tbh

he threw the drink first the other guy, so ac can say he was provoked tbh

Don't think having a drink thrown over you is a great excuse for glassing someone. It isn't exactly the same as throwing a punch.

I read it that he did but I wasn't sure what "nt" meant. Reading it again it appears to mean "Not".

nar basically what happened is some guy nd him were argueing, the guy threw his drink, nt the glass at ac then ac threw his drink, followed by the glass being thrown in the guys face, glass went everywhere, ac ran off, bt must hv been caught by the bouncers then arrested, the guy was bleeding everywhere, unsuprisingly. duno whether to tell the police or nt, what do u think?

If Carrol has indeed thrown a glass at him it's not really the same as a traditional glassing which usually refers to shoving a glass into someones face often breaking it before hand to maximise the damage. That would be a much more serious wounding offence. I still think it would be hard to prove that the glass didn't just slip out of his hand. Defence will say that any witnesses in a dark night club could be drunk and not overly reliable to give an accurate account.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Allegedly he threw 5 glasses though after missing with the first few :lol:

Welcome to 21:04 yesterday....

I was responding to someone saying the glass 'might have slipped out of his hand'.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Sacking a footballer at this level is a ridiculous idea imo.

There's no point expecting it under this leadership. In a perfect world we'd have good owners with money who would not be afraid to sack players for such egregious behaviour.

Sacking Barton would make an awful lot of sense given he's one of only two midfielders at the club that's proven in the premiership.

I'm not at all surprised you'd want to keep him tbh.  God help us if he's missing somehow this season, I don't know how we'd cope.

Sacking a footballer at this level is a ridiculous idea imo.

There's no point expecting it under this leadership. In a perfect world we'd have good owners with money who would not be afraid to sack players for such egregious behaviour.

Thought it had taken a while for Ashley to be blamed for this.

I think the NUSCT should issue statement about it telling us how it proves that Ashley and Llambias are not learning from their mistakes.  O0

Guest Geordiesned

I see the Chronicle are now running a story saying that eye witnesses are saying a glass was used. I wouldn't be surprised if the writer had been reading this thread.

What really surprises me is how Sunderland FC allow their players to spend so much time in Newcastle night spots, surely it's only a matter of time before one of them is on the end of a drunken (or possibly non drunken) assault.

The SAFC players are not slumming it in the Bigg Market at weekends & they are not whacking seven bells out of each other. The likes of Sissy were always out with NUFC players when it Toon.

A great thing clearly. Thank f*** Insomina buggered off.

We've never looked back since we got rid of him, it's the best thing we've done for a while.

True as no manager has to worry about trying to squeeze sour puss into any of the lefthand side positions. He may have done well in the middle for us this season though.