West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turgid crap at the moment. I do like him as a footballer when he's up for i; and i maintain the guy does have some sort of ability in there. He's got the potential to be a moderately decent centre-forward, but it'll never be here. It's a shame he's hit a shite run of form just now, because any offer for him would have been welcomed tbh. We wouldn't be losing anything bar a very unlikely future.

With a bit of luck, we'll sign someone significantly better over the next two days and it won't be plain sailing for him. A, he'll have to work harder and B, we won't be relying on him. Cos he just doesn't cut the mustard at the moment. I agree that the way we play doesn't suit him, but for such a bruising brick shit-house, with the shades of striking ability he has, he should be doing a lot fucking better in this division. Attitude's just not right imo.

Shearer would have helped bring his game on but not anywhere near as much as he'd have improved Ranger. As it is, he isn't here and we have a young lad who is being stuck up front on his own in a stupid formation. Fair enough, that isn't helping him out, but his general play is just awful at times.

Instead of berating team mates everytime they choose to pick out someone else, maybe he should spend a few seconds thinking about making a different, less predictable run next time. People say he's a 'nightmare' for defenders but he really isn't, defenders are undone by clever and dynamic movement, not some idiot content to have physical battles that win no advantage for 90 minutes.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the first Xl.

He has no clue how to use his head for flicks/passing etc, his movement is awful too

99% of the time it ends up in the keepers arms when he wins it

Maybe he should spend some time watching other players, off the top of my head i would say Koller, hes awkward and does his job well despite having zero pace. Just a thought

His flick ons are fine, he does well with them at times. His movement is absolutely rubbish & he's lazy as fuck with getting fowards. We put to much pressure on him when we constantly knock it to his head, defenders see that thats our main game plan & just start outmuscling him. Then he starts feeling sorry for himself and falls over. Then referees ignore him as he's big enough to fight back but doesnt bother.

Hes not as bad as he's made to look, hes not brilliant either.

The thing with both Carroll and Ranger is that they are far from the finished product, both have big flaws in their game that they'll have to improve if they want to be a success. However the difference between the two is that Ranger's problems are the sort that improve through increased game time - timing runs, composure in front of goal etc, whereas Carroll's problems can only be improved by putting in long hours on the training ground - first touch, balance, passing, direction of his headers. In some ways, first team football, with the emphasis on keeping fit, can distract you from improving in these areas.

Carroll's main problem certainly ties in with what you're saying, Johnny.

I thought he looked a real asset at the start of the season - infact i was quite excited about him as a prospect in general. It was early days, we needed to prove a point and it was as if he was playing to stay in the team. Now those first few weeks are well gone, he's snuck his way into a guaranteed starting berth if Shola's out, so why push himself? He's got it cushy and whilst you can absolutely lambast his poor attitude and determination, a massive part of that is down to the manager aswell. There was absolutely no reason - whatsoever - to give him a place in the side today ahead of Ranger, he had no place at all. But Hughton just rolls over for him and i honestly can't understand why.

That's how i see it with him, anyway.

Guest Heneage

Carroll's main problem certainly ties in with what you're saying, Johnny.

I thought he looked a real asset at the start of the season - infact i was quite excited about him as a prospect in general. It was early days, we needed to prove a point and it was as if he was playing to stay in the team. Now those first few weeks are well gone, he's snuck his way into a guaranteed starting berth if Shola's out, so why push himself? He's got it cushy and whilst you can absolutely lambast his poor attitude and determination, a massive part of that is down to the manager aswell. There was absolutely no reason - whatsoever - to give him a place in the side today ahead of Ranger, he had no place at all. But Hughton just rolls over for him and i honestly can't understand why.

That's how i see it with him, anyway.

Why push yourself? Err, personal pride?

I think he's got every reason to push himself, because right now he's nowhere near the England squad, and he'd be struggling to get into my 18 for next season .

Carroll seems to have let starting get to his head.  Trying to do things he hasn't the footballing capacity to do.

Needs to go back to the awesomeness he was when he was a nobody.

Oh and his haircut is laughable.

All our strikers whether its Shola,Ranger or Carroll get terrible service,  there's not that much you can do when the ball is pinged at you from 30,40 or 50 yards, arriving mostly between waist and head height and you've got a big lump of a centre half up your arse!

The thing with both Carroll and Ranger is that they are far from the finished product, both have big flaws in their game that they'll have to improve if they want to be a success.

Absolutely - Ive said this many many times, and upset those, when they're not defending the lack of goals from these two in the CHAMPIONSHIP (not Prem remember), are ranting at Shola (who has scored more than both together in a quarter of their games) and prejudging another lad coming in before he's kicked a ball !

They worship the Nile....very ancient religion, that !  ;D

Striker Carroll facing assault charge

Jarrow & Hebburn Gazette - ‎48 minutes ago‎

NEWCASTLE United striker Andy Carroll is facing an assault charge today for an alleged glass attack in a nightclub. The England Under-21 international was ...

NEWCASTLE United striker Andy Carroll is facing an assault charge today for an alleged glass attack in a nightclub. The England Under-21 international was ...

Once a moronic charver thug, always.....you watch - he'll be unloaded to West Ham !

Carroll clearly a low life as are most English footballers is seems.

Cynical, but absolutely correct

You forgot greedy and thick as pig sh*t too

Again? or is this still rumbling on from the last time?

An England footballer is facing an assault charge today for an alleged glass attack in a nightclub.

Newcastle United and England under-21 striker Andy Carroll, 20, was arrested after an alleged bust-up with amateur footballer Michael Cook.

The incident is said to have happened in the Blu Bambu club in Newcastle on December 7. Carroll has been asked to attend the city's Market Street police station today to answer bail.

Mr Cook, a painter from Gateshead who plays for non-league Crook Town, was taken to hospital after the alleged incident.

Northumbria police confirmed that a 20-yearold man had been arrested on suspicion of assault.

Apologies for the piece of shit tabloid article, but it has most of the details.

Again? or is this still rumbling on from the last time?

It will be the one in Blu Bambu.

Nice to see the scud score a few

Hughton said: "Potentially, he is number nine material. He's a player who leads the line.

"In some ways, he's an old-fashioned centre-forward who has a prowess in the air, but he's still developing his game and he has to continue to do that.

"He has good football skills for a big man, but what he has to add t

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/02/05/SOCCER_Newcastle_2nd_Nightlead.html