West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there a possibility that there wasn't even a transfer request? As crackers as it sounds, there's very little I'd put past them.

if that were true it would be the end of NUFC as we know it.

How?

The club under this owner have admitted to deliberately telling lies to mislead the fans before, wouldn't be anything new.

Guest neesy111

If I was playing for my home town club as the number 9, money would be secondary to what i was doing.  Professional Sportsman are in sport to be the best, if they are in it for the money only then their reasons are wrong.

Professional footballers are rarely even proper fans as they've been playing for years and haven't had the chance to become a supporter.  Very few, if any, will care for the club in a way that we do.

so very true, yet many a supporter falls for the "player as fan" routine.

Fact is though, most NUFC fans are brought up to be active and loyal fans to the club.

Any number of incentives or threats. It goes against every instinct I have that he suddenly decided he wanted to leave on the last day of Janurary after a massive offer was made.

The incentive is to not ask for a transfer and get a cut of the fee, Given was trying for that when he left and we had to pay Barton £300,000 to get him to sign as Man City wouldn't as they claimed that he'd asked to leave.  That £300,000 was what he earned on a £5,500,000 transfer so if Carroll was due the same he'd get over £2,000,000.

As for threats, such as?  The biggest threat I can think of would be one coming from the player and directed at the club, again like Given.

I think this situation is worse though, because we thought Carroll understood how important NUFC was to the fans and he loved the club himself.

Yep, he was supposed to get it. To understand what it meant to wear the number nine. Shearer was his hero! He doesn't have a fraction of the loyalty Al had.

Piss off man. Shearer milked us far worse and was a busted flush who didn't have any other interested suitors after he came here. He was Kevin Nolan playing up front by the time he got here.

f*** off :lol:

You're understanding of history is flawed due to inexperience. Come back in 10 years and we can talk.

:lol:

Are you taking the piss?

When Shearer signed for us he was one of the best strikers in the world you clueless idiot.

Shearer had just scored something like 40 goals in a season for Blackburn in all competitions the season before. Tron is either an idiot or fishing.

Or I followed his career a lot more closely than you due to age and experience. You probably bought the shirt and video I watched us sell better players at their peak rather than buying players who had given their best days elsewhere.

Guest neesy111

Is there a possibility that there wasn't even a transfer request? As crackers as it sounds, there's very little I'd put past them.

if that were true it would be the end of NUFC as we know it.

How?

The club under this owner have admitted to deliberately telling lies to mislead the fans before, wouldn't be anything new.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the lawyers would have advised against saying that if it was untrue.

Blackburn won the league, they're a nothing club now. Leeds were on the verge of the Champions League, they suffered successive relegations. Blackpool were unheard of, they're one of the most compelling teams in the league at the moment. Chelsea were firmly second-rate before Abramovich.

Everything in football can change, and very quickly. Obviously it depends on money, but that's a question of spending power rather than 'brand value'.

Blackburn buying the title was before the modern media revolution and therefore independent from this discussion.

What does Blackpool have to do with any of this other than they've moved up from lower league club to being part of the "Premiership rabble" like us?

The difference between Chelsea and Man City should actually show you the power of "brand value" that I'm talking about. Chelsea spent their money at the right time and bought a spot in the "big club culture." Man City are struggling despite the fact that they have enough money to make Roman look like a pauper because they're trying to break into an established market. It would be like opening a new fast food franchise and trying to beat McDonalds and Burger King.

Man City aren't struggling though, are they? They've gone from mid-table into the top 3 or 4 and they've only been spending for a couple of seasons.

Very similar trajectory to when Abramovich took over Chelsea IIRC, except that they have slightly tougher competition now.

Man Utd are in decline and will hit critical point within a couple of seasons, it wouldn't surprise me if City won the league either next season or the one after.

If I was playing for my home town club as the number 9, money would be secondary to what i was doing.  Professional Sportsman are in sport to be the best, if they are in it for the money only then their reasons are wrong.

Professional footballers are rarely even proper fans as they've been playing for years and haven't had the chance to become a supporter.  Very few, if any, will care for the club in a way that we do.

Fact is though, most NUFC fans are brought up to be active and loyal fans to the club.

doesn't stop toon fans/nufc players skipping off to where the grass is greener.

Any number of incentives or threats. It goes against every instinct I have that he suddenly decided he wanted to leave on the last day of Janurary after a massive offer was made.

The incentive is to not ask for a transfer and get a cut of the fee, Given was trying for that when he left and we had to pay Barton £300,000 to get him to sign as Man City wouldn't as they claimed that he'd asked to leave.  That £300,000 was what he earned on a £5,500,000 transfer so if Carroll was due the same he'd get over £2,000,000.

As for threats, such as?  The biggest threat I can think of would be one coming from the player and directed at the club, again like Given.

Or that Steven Taylor would be reporting an assault to Northumbria Police tomorrow morning.....

Guest neesy111

If I was playing for my home town club as the number 9, money would be secondary to what i was doing.  Professional Sportsman are in sport to be the best, if they are in it for the money only then their reasons are wrong.

Professional footballers are rarely even proper fans as they've been playing for years and haven't had the chance to become a supporter.  Very few, if any, will care for the club in a way that we do.

doesn't stop toon fans/nufc players skipping off to where the grass is greener.

Well, if we were bottom or just been relegated fair enough.  But fact is if we win our game in-hand we are above liverpool and football is all about the present.

I think this situation is worse though, because we thought Carroll understood how important NUFC was to the fans and he loved the club himself.

Yep, he was supposed to get it. To understand what it meant to wear the number nine. Shearer was his hero! He doesn't have a fraction of the loyalty Al had.

Piss off man. Shearer milked us far worse and was a busted flush who didn't have any other interested suitors after he came here. He was Kevin Nolan playing up front by the time he got here.

You're understanding of history is flawed due to inexperience. Come back in 10 years and we can talk.

Are you taking the piss?

When Shearer signed for us he was one of the best strikers in the world you clueless idiot.

Shearer had just scored something like 40 goals in a season for Blackburn in all competitions the season before. Tron is either an idiot or fishing.

Or I followed his career a lot more closely than you due to age and experience. You probably bought the shirt and video I watched us sell better players at their peak rather than buying players who had given their best days elsewhere.

You really should stop this patronising bullshit.

25 league goals in 31 league appearances in his first season, aged 26.

Clearly past his peak.

I'd trust anyone before the current board, so as ridiculous and far-fetched as most rumours may be, I'll be willing to listen to them before settling for what we are led to be believe is 'the truth'.

This has been a bad day and a sad day, but when we beat Fulham and draw with Arsenal Andy Carroll will be looking up the table only to see his club on the verge of Premiership security, and Tyneside smiling back at him. :angel:

Guest neesy111

Are you taking the piss?

You really should stop this patronising bullshit.

25 league goals in 31 league appearances in his first season, aged 26.

Clearly past his peak.

Scored in every home league game that season as well he played in.

Guest neesy111

Or that Steven Taylor would be reporting an assault to Northumbria Police tomorrow morning.....

He should do it.  :lol:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

At the end of the day Alan Shearer rejected a big money move to united back in the day nothing could make him leave. If Carrolll was a true geordie like that he would have done the same. Alan Shearer is the true cult hero andy carroll like I said earlier is just a money grabbing c*nt and I'm happy he left he clearly was using us as a stepping stone stop trying to defend him you know the truth he wanted to leave he only cares about himself and cares nothing about the club so stfu saying the transfer requested didn't really happen it obviously did you saps

Guest neesy111

Shearer had just won the Golden Boot in Euro 96 as well.  He was voted 3rd in the world player of the year.  Won PFA player of the year that season.

Tron you need some help mate.

Guest firetotheworks

Any general consensus in the rumour mill usually turns out to be the truth under Ashley. I remember laughing at the whole perception of there being a negative relationship between Keegan and Wise, everything coming from both seemed fine. I remember laugh when they said Milner would leave, and then Given, and then Beye. I remember all of us branding the media as being unable to analyse themselves when they went on about how Hughton was under pressure, when it appeared that it was coming from nowhere but the media. And now Carroll.

I absolutely hate this phrase, because it's so ignorant and so often dangerously untrue, but with NUFC under Ashley, it seems that there's no smoke without fire.

At the end of the day Alan Shearer rejected a big money move to united back in the day nothing could make him leave. If Carrolll was a true geordie like that he would have done the same. Alan Shearer is the true cult hero andy carroll like I said earlier is just a money grabbing c*nt and I'm happy he left he clearly was using us as a stepping stone stop trying to defend him you know the truth he wanted to leave he only cares about himself and cares nothing about the club so stfu saying the transfer requested didn't really happen it obviously did you saps

Err....nar. I've paid approximately £1,500-£2,000 on following a club led by people who lie to me, f*** me over at every opportunity and ridicule my home town, I'll believe what I want and question what I want, thanks. xx

Guest firetotheworks

Copy and paste these ( ............................................ )

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Shearer had just won the Golden Boot in Euro 96 as well.  He was voted 3rd in the world player of the year.  Won PFA player of the year that season.

Tron you need some help mate.

Yes Shearer was regarded as one of the best strikers in the world and could have easly gone on to make way more money at a bigger club and win lots more trophies but he is a true geordie and stayed loyal. Completly unlike andy carroll who is as loyal as a slapper.

Are you taking the piss?

You're on the windup, you have to be.