West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

think you are missing the point.  Not many on this thread are saying that we are going to get relegated.  Just seems to be a risk that is not worth taking, even if it is a somewhat slight one.  I don't like people gambling the fate of my football club, because they are high-rolling cunts. 

We'd not have got £35m in summer, imo.

Probably not. But, who gives a fuck?!

a) Only a small proportion of it will be reinvested in the squad (just like the Milner money)

b) What is reinvested will be spent on either mediocre or unproven players who are at least as likely to flop as succeed, because we can not attract the top players.

c) A proper Geordie No.9 fell in our lap. That will probably never happen again in our lifetimes. No amount of money is enough to compensate for that loss.

think you are missing the point.  Not many on this thread are saying that we are going to get relegated.  Just seems to be a risk that is not worth taking, even if it is a somewhat slight one.  I don't like people gambling the fate of my football club, because they are high-rolling c***s.  

:thup:

Pardew seems to have the target for stopping up as 35 points. If we call that 36 points to negate any goal difference that may occur in the standings at 35, that is two more wins from fifteen. I personally thought 39 points and that's three wins from fifteen.

It's a gamble, but nowhere near as big a one as 09 was. I still think we'll be areet, albiet lower down the table than we'd be had we kept Carroll.

Been fucking sickened by all the Liverpool fans's sob stories on the radio today like over losing Torres. You've just signed Suarez and Carroll ffs you bunch of clowns; be fucking grateful for that. God help them If they ever had to live in our footballing world.

Been fucking sickened by all the Liverpool fans's sob stories on the radio today like over losing Torres. You've just signed Suarez and Carroll ffs you bunch of clowns; be fucking grateful for that. God help them If they ever had to live in our footballing world.

Deserve a good fucking kicking. Every one of 'em.

think you are missing the point.  Not many on this thread are saying that we are going to get relegated.  Just seems to be a risk that is not worth taking, even if it is a somewhat slight one.  I don't like people gambling the fate of my football club, because they are high-rolling c***s. 

If it's a nominal risk i'll take my £35m and be on my way ta! :smug:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems very awkward in that interview to be honest. Sure the junior psychologist will enjoy picking it apart.

Guest Brummiemag

I never believed the plan was to sell him in the summer, I just think we never expected such a massive bid and for Carroll to agitate for a move.

Summer or now anyway, it makes very little difference.

Are you taking the piss? We've got 15 games left to play, man. 15 games with 4 strikers who just aren't up to it at this level.

:lol: We're unbeaten without him.

Take away his goals this season. A bigger picture might just form.

As far as i'm concerned - we've got enough ammunition without Andy Carroll to survive in this league. We've had one or two horror results which, earlier on, left us thinking we were gonna be in the mire come this stage and a bit later on. But we haven't. Andy Carroll was a focal point of this season's outside push at a European spot. Which is what it was becoming. I'm not saying that'll continue... we'll probably finish the season lingering around places of mediocrity - but we won't go down.

Plus, if we're looking at statistics, has he actually been the 'matchwinner/saver' on many occassions this year? I disputed this in my head earlier on when listening to Shearer going on about how many times he's saved our bacon this year. I'll have to have a look. :aww:

Yes we will probably stay up but its a disgrace that under Ashley thats all we will ever achieve. A club with our support should not be selling its best player and picking up Villa rejects on loan 

think you are missing the point.  Not many on this thread are saying that we are going to get relegated.  Just seems to be a risk that is not worth taking, even if it is a somewhat slight one.  I don't like people gambling the fate of my football club, because they are high-rolling c***s.  

If it's a nominal risk i'll take my £35m and be on my way ta! :smug:

yeah, take your 35 million, and leave the hundred thousand soiling their pants for the rest of the season.  It's a slight risk for Ashley, but a much larger risk for us.

think you are missing the point.  Not many on this thread are saying that we are going to get relegated.  Just seems to be a risk that is not worth taking, even if it is a somewhat slight one.  I don't like people gambling the fate of my football club, because they are high-rolling c***s. 

The debate about why it happened and who forced what issue will crack on for ever. But undoubtedly we are more at risk than we were. And I don't think many people are glad we are in this situation, I for one would rather yesterday hadn't happened and AC was still here.

Soiling their pants? Come on man! Have a bit of faith in the rest of the team. We've been desperately close to three wins out of three since Carroll's been out of the side. I appreciate that with him in it, we probably would have won the games - or had a significantly greater chance. But we're not in any way likely to go down. A bigger risk would have been keeping him... the risk being we don't get as much money for him in the summer.

Soiling their pants? Come on man! Have a bit of faith in the rest of the team. We've been desperately close to three wins out of three since Carroll's been out of the side. I appreciate that with him in it, we probably would have won the games - or had a significantly greater chance. But we're not in any way likely to go down. A bigger risk would have been keeping him... the risk being we don't get as much money for him in the summer.

Desperately close to 4 out of 4.

Carroll didn't play against Wigan.

i see our captain Nolan is now on lfctv banging on about what a great signing carroll will be for liverpool, f*** me.

wonder when we can expect gerrard to wax lyrical over torres on chelsea tv.

un f***ing believable

just a little disclaimer i dont know if its a new interview or old one but as i dont have lfctv however it looks like its new looking at description  ;D