West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe Llambias is feeling some guilt because the club's comments and actions at the time only encouraged supporters to think of Carroll  as a "Judas" despite the fact it is was always their intention to sell him in January.

Maybe Llambias is feeling some guilt because the club's comments and actions at the time only encouraged supporters to think of Carroll  as a "Judas" despite the fact it is was always their intention to sell him in January.

He's just trying to cover his back in the usual deceitful way.  He's a gobshite and it's standard stuff.

"To go from hero to villain simply for moving clubs, which is just part and parcel of football, is beyond me.

If ever a quote summed up his knowledge of football (and our club in particular) this is it. Clueless.

Derek Llambias - fans' "abuse" of Andy Carroll at Liverpool was "difficult to stomach".

Fans - Llambias' "sale" of Andy Carroll to Liverpool was "difficult to stomach".

The only people who get wound up by stuff like this are that faction who have already decided to hate Llambias forever and ever, no matter what he does or says.

So he's got zero motivation to change his behaviour, tbh.

Llambias is doing nothing more than stirring it again. So blatant, it's untrue. What a horrible bastard of a man.

Don't know what's wrong with what he said there like. I agree with him tbh.

The only people who get wound up by stuff like this are that faction who have already decided to hate Llambias forever and ever, no matter what he does or says.

So he's got zero motivation to change his behaviour, tbh.

:lol: Doesn't make any sense.

Llambias is doing nothing more than stirring it again. So blatant, it's untrue. What a horrible bastard of a man.

Don't know what's wrong with what he said there like. I agree with him tbh.

because you're a fucking mug. :facepalm:

If Carroll went to the club asking for a renewed contract with better pay due to a better proposal from Liverpool, and the club saw it as a convenient excuse to cash in on him, then I simply don't buy that. If one of our best players on about 30k a week is willing to stay but at the cost of an improved deal, then how the hell can we refuse that but be content with players like Alan Smith doing absolutely nothing earning 60k a week or so? It is simply sickening.

That, anyway, is the conclusion I've drawn.

Spurs sold their best players and used the money to rebuild their whole squad. With £35m in the bank after selling Carrol,l Ashley can either do the same or prove all the critics right. I'll wait to see what happens in the summer before picking up a pitchfork.

Spurs sold their best players and used the money to rebuild their whole squad. With £35m in the bank after selling Carrol,l Ashley can either do the same or prove all the critics right. I'll wait to see what happens in the summer before picking up a pitchfork.

I'm sharpening mine...

it's so tragically inevitable that on 1st september this will all be repeating itself, i.e. let's see what happens in january - been the same since the moment ashley bought the club

I'm sharpening mine...

I've got mine at arm's reach as well to be fair.

We don't have the same pulling power as Spurs did then.

If Carroll went to the club asking for a renewed contract with better pay due to a better proposal from Liverpool, and the club saw it as a convenient excuse to cash in on him, then I simply don't buy that. If one of our best players on about 30k a week is willing to stay but at the cost of an improved deal, then how the hell can we refuse that but be content with players like Alan Smith doing absolutely nothing earning 60k a week or so? It is simply sickening.

Because it's impossible to reduce a wage unless the player agrees to it...?

Because it's impossible to reduce a wage unless the player agrees to it...?

No mate, my point was how can we refuse to pay our best player a wage he wants so to keep him, but at the same time have useless players like Smith offering us absolutely nothing who are on bigger pay than him. It just simply doesn't make sense and shows little or no ambition from the owner- if he wanted the club to progress he wouldn't rely on transfer money to help us rebuild the team, he'd use some of his own. 

Smith signed a long term contract under different circumstances, and would never in a million years get even half of what he is paid if he were to negotiate a new contract today.

When the big old contracts on the pay roll expires, Carrolls wages would have been among the highest in the squad.

It doesn't show ambition relative to the wages paid out in the PL though. That I agree with, but it doesn't matter. As long as the wage structure is there it should be followed. All in or nothing.

has anyone posted Lambias' comments in the program about the fans booing Carroll? If there was ever any more evidence that these lot are taking the piss..........

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/simon-bird/Newcastle-United-managing-director-Derek-Llambias-wrong-to-slate-Toon-Army-for-booing-Andy-Carroll-Simon-Bird-column-article733950.html

Llambias wrote: "I was disappointed with the very negative treatment some of our supporters gave our former number nine, Andy Carroll. Andy faced a barrage of insults from a section of fans in the stadium which he most certainly did not deserve.

"The abuse he received was difficult to stomach after everything Andy brought to our club, and I only hope he didn't pay too much attention to the taunts being directed at him from the stands.

"To go from hero to villain simply for moving clubs, which is just part and parcel of football, is beyond me."

Everyone looking forward to more 'just part and parcel of football' ?