West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I won't be childish...

...you're all mike ashleys pocket brigade.

:lol: you couldn't make it up.

I addressed the quotes anyway if you do learn to read. Also Carroll's quote posted by Ujpest is interesting.

Didn't Carroll and his agent demand a new contract on deadline day? Even though he'd just signed one less than three months previous, with a substantial wage rise.

I remember that coming into play, yes. Basically he probably saw what Liverpool were ready to offer and asked NUFC for a better deal. NUFC's response being that they had giving a new deal barely weeks before and that they would only re-assess his contract situation in the Summer.

Carroll's been very lucky that Torres has been shite for Chelsea, because he seems to be getting away with a few excuses like, "well he was £15m cheaper than Torres", and "it was just a statement of intent that we're back", etc. He's been an awful signing for Liverpool as it stands, doesn't fit that team one bit.

I'm excited with the fact that we are working towards not playing long-ball.  With him coming back it would change everything overnight and we'd be back to hoofing it to Carroll's dome piece and hoping HBA/someone picks up the knock down.  We'd be wasting the real talents of players like HBA/Marveaux/Cabaye/et al which our team is being built around at the moment.

He's been marginalized at Liverpool for the same reasons.  They are trying to play attractive football.

I still think it's a bit too early to be writing him off for Liverpool. Granted, he's hardly set the house on fire - infact, he's been pretty shite with the exception of one game. However I'll be giving it 6 months to a year before I start concluding anything.

He looks a bit of a misfit on the pitch, but I haven't seen or heard anything that makes it sound like he's out of place there otherwise. All it takes is one home game where Liverpool dominate the oppostion and he could plunder a couple of goals and get going.

I do think the Bellamy signing is interesting though. Bellamy is past his best probably and a short-term option brought in as 4th choice, but I think there's a possibility if he plays and does well it could have an even bigger effect on Carroll's chances of success.

Guest dogbeak

And I quite like the fact that after I said I was leaving the thread you all queued up for your potshots, all hail The Ashley's Pocket brigade.

of course there's no way a bloke who would break his teammates jaw, batter lasses, glass people etc. etc. would tell a lie. edit: to clarify. just because ashley and llambias are lying gosbhites - which they are - doesn't mean the person they're lying about is necessarily a beacon of truth and virtue.

and the ashley payroll s**** is really f***ing tedious.

I do think the Bellamy signing is interesting though. Bellamy is past his best probably and a short-term option brought in as 4th choice, but I think there's a possibility if he plays and does well it could have an even bigger effect on Carroll's chances of success.

Bellamy's a perfect squad player for them, as he can play anywhere along the line and can be used as a direct replacement for Suarez, either when he's rested or when he can be take off for a rest.

Beginning to think a good percentage of the forum accounts on here are on Ashley's payroll in one shape or another.

Oh no!  Someone had a different opinion to you on an internet forum.  They must be getting paid.  

If anyone on Ashley's payroll would like to contact me about disagreeing with HawK, or any other user, I'd be willing to listen to offers.

The Carroll deal seemed to work well for everyone involved.  We got a s*** load of cash, Carroll got a massive wage rise, Liverpool got a young, English striker and his agent made a fortune.  As it has turned out, the money we received hasn't obviously been reinvested in the squad and we've not replaced him in the team and Carroll hasn't settled yet at Liverpool and hadn't come close to finding the same form for Liverpool that got him the transfer in the first place.

I couldn't care less if it was 500m, he was a brilliant player for us, he wanted to stay. If a player wants to stay then no club should force them out, unless not doing so could cause serious financial difficulties. Our owner is a BILLIONAIRE, there is no excuse.

Did he want to stay?  Maybe he wasn't looking to leave at first but I'll bet the thought of moving to Liverpool really turned his head.  We'll probably never know the real story.

I'll point you again to this post : http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58769.msg3202678.html#msg3202678

He said he wanted to stay, what more do you want?

He also pointed to that fact that he had just signed a contract in October as a reason why he wanted to stay.  Why then did he want to renegotiate again?  I also wouldn't expect him to say that he couldn't wait to leave.  Didn't he say he was happy to be with Liverpool?  If he was gutted to leave, he got over it quick enough.  I'm sorry, I just don't think the answer is cut and dried.  It's not as simple as stay or go.  I'm not defending the club.  I'm not defending Andy Carroll either.

If you were offered a job at a competitor for more money than what you are on, would you not first speak to your current employer to get them to match it? This is how the business world works. It doesn't have anything to do with him wanting to leave.

And if they would refuse and tell you, you just had a payrise 3 months ago, and we tripled your wage. There will be no further raise at this moment of time. Would you end your job and go to the new company?

Football is alot about money for players, regardless how much we'd like to differ. It's their job aswell. Trippling his wage twice in a year is insane for any employer.

it's entirely dependent on what their worth to the company is and how quickly the employee is improving results. taking a financial example, do you reckon if someone showed such rapid improvement on the trading floor in wall street that the company wouldnt be very quickly re-negotiating their contract to make sure they kept the best staff? even if they'd recently done it? that's not the issue, the issue is what is the employee worth to you, Mike Ashley has no need for a great striker because you dont need a great striker to stay in the premier league, so he took the money. (none of this suggests Andy Carroll didnt move to Liverpool for the improved wages, my point is, we should have given them too him)

i called this happening absolutely ages ago because MA doesnt want to pay the going rate for anything at all, this is in november 2010 after i said i thought he'd be within his rights to ask for a payrise at the end of last season and Nut said he would've thought he'd just gotten one before the season started

Just said on Sky Sports he wants to spend the rest of his career here like Big Al. :smitten:

was just thinking about this yesterday. they way i see it he'd be well within his rights to ask for a pay rise at the end of the season unless his form drops drastically.

Would have thought he got that in the contract he just signed?

aye mate. but if he keeps going the way he has been he's significantly more important to us than he was at the start of the season, top scorer, england striker, essential to the way we play, only getting better etc etc. i'm a firm believer in players getting paid what they're worth and i'd hate to see us try and rely on the fact that he's just signed a new deal to not give him what he deserves, coz he'll just f*** off.

Agree with the paying what he's worth comment.My biggest concern is that M.A cashes in on his ever increasing value come the summer.

i remember reading keegan's book and him talking about giving players pay rises when they didnt even ask for them! chairman's nightmare i'm sure and i'm not necessarily saying do that but if the club can afford it, do it. i wouldnt wanna see players being penalised financially for wanting to play for newcastle.

regardless of whatever else he gets up to, on the pitch carroll's been sensational for us this season and i want us to keep him if he wants to stay.

still though, every player that leaves us only does it for the money :idiot2:

it's the owner that's at fault.

Said it before, but even when Carroll is playing for the dippers I can't dislike the guy.  I want to, but I can't.  Never wanted to see the lad fail miserably.  Even when he scored for England I was pleased for the big cunt.

Pedro fucked off to Liverpool and came back, so AC can do the same.  Come home you pikey looking woman beater.

Guest Rainforest

You can take the lad out of geordy, but you can never take the geordie out of the lad.

He will be back one day. And Ill welcome him with open arms.