West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taylor's proven that he's more than competent at right-back in the Premiership as he doesn't have to do much defending compared to centre half and can get away with marking space. Hasn't proved he's an above average centre half in the Premiership yet.

Taylor's proven that he's more than competent at right-back in the Premiership as he doesn't have to do much defending compared to centre half and can get away with marking space. Hasn't proved he's an above average centre half in the Premiership yet.

the boys poor positioning sense makes him look like a great last ditch defender. Improve that and he might have a chance.

the boys poor positioning sense makes him look like a great last ditch defender. Improve that and he might have a chance.

Definitely agree on that. Micah Richards is the same when he's at centre half too. His position is shite but at times makes him look like a good last ditch defender.

Just goes to show how quickly people right out our young kids.  He was performing reasonable well as a solo striker - in and out of the squad - but not regulary amongst the goals and people threw their dolls out of the pram saying he would 'never make it' and wanted him traded for Jermaine Beckford plus cash.  Unreal.

Agreed. Just imagine if he'd been given a chance last season instead of Michael Superstar Owen a couple of goals from our own local hero might have kept us up.

Good post - as per usual.

He's got no goal instinct from what I've seen, much like Shola. Neither player shoots or heads enough in the penalty area which at the end of the day what they are supposed to be about.

:buck2:

Wow...I must have really struck a nerve somewhere if you are trawling through my old posts for something to show me up. Nice one! :lol:

The Taylor texting Carrolls bird story is coming from a few places now. Sounds like people are forwarding it on.

Aye.

Haha. Ive heard it from a quite reliable source tbf.

Guessing it's from this bollocks:

DARLOMAGS2: Received this in an E-mail last night. I've had info before from this source and it turned out to be spot on, so I reckon this could be the truth!

Just spoke to my fooball agent mate who knocks about with Smith and Nolan.....Taylor was texting Carrols lass who has Andy's bairn, while the Toon were at Swansea and he was in Newcastle, asking her to come round...Taylor used to shag her before carroll.

Taylor is despised at the club by all, very arrogant and done his best to move to Everton last summer which pissed the lads off. His Fatha, has gone to the press and spinning loads of ****e on the back of Carrolls bother in the Bigg market....Here's the depth of feeling in the squad....Harper, Nolan, Smudge, Butt and Shola all went in and told Hughton yesterday to sell Taylor because of his selfish attitude.

Carroll is apparantly thick as mince but a good honest lad and easily wound up.. They were in the treatment room after training when Carroll went up to Taylor and said 'One chance to admit it as i've seen the texts' and Taylor just laughed at him and went to walk away and Carroll dropped him.

Good on the kid I say...The problem now is taylor and his Fatha are spinning this to the press behind the clubs back.....Just logged in to Lee Ryders blog on the chronical following the game and he says Jonas, Nolan and Butt all gave Carroll a big hug before kick off.

So...thats the truth. Let people know and make sure that Taylor doesn't get away with this, as Carroll could well end up in jail over it!!

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/carroll_and_taylor__the_inside_info_509851/index.shtml

DARLOMAGS2: Received this in an E-mail last night. I've had info before from this source and it turned out to be spot on, so I reckon this could be the truth!

Just spoke to my fooball agent mate who knocks about with Smith and Nolan.....Taylor was texting Carrols lass who has Andy's bairn, while the Toon were at Swansea and he was in Newcastle, asking her to come round...Taylor used to shag her before carroll.

Taylor is despised at the club by all, very arrogant and done his best to move to Everton last summer which pissed the lads off. His Fatha, has gone to the press and spinning loads of ****e on the back of Carrolls bother in the Bigg market....Here's the depth of feeling in the squad....Harper, Nolan, Smudge, Butt and Shola all went in and told Hughton yesterday to sell Taylor because of his selfish attitude.

Carroll is apparantly thick as mince but a good honest lad and easily wound up.. They were in the treatment room after training when Carroll went up to Taylor and said 'One chance to admit it as i've seen the texts' and Taylor just laughed at him and went to walk away and Carroll dropped him.

Good on the kid I say...The problem now is taylor and his Fatha are spinning this to the press behind the clubs back.....Just logged in to Lee Ryders blog on the chronical following the game and he says Jonas, Nolan and Butt all gave Carroll a big hug before kick off.

So...thats the truth. Let people know and make sure that Taylor doesn't get away with this, as Carroll could well end up in jail over it!!

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/carroll_and_taylor__the_inside_info_509851/index.shtml

Who knows what the hell the truth is but, sadly, I can see that being similar to the truth. I'd take it with a pinch or two of salt but wouldn't rule it out.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't rate him  :undecided:

Having said that I'm pleased as punch that an academy product is doing so well at the club and although I can't see much in his all-round game to even get a semi, I hope he does the business for us higher up the footy ladder.

Guest Chris P

In the world of football ego's. Taylors probably pissed off that Carroll is becoming the geordie talisman.

Both thick as a butchers turd

Who knows what the hell the truth is but, sadly, I can see that being similar to the truth. I'd take it with a pinch or two of salt but wouldn't rule it out.

Taylor certainly wasn't trying to engineer a move to Everton that's for sure. It was the other way round in fact.

I don't rate either but Carroll is definitely able to contribute more than Taylor, who is a bit of a leg iron on a good day. He's also a cockney so I know which way I'd be going on this one.

and a boro fan, for what its worth

I don't rate either but Carroll is definitely able to contribute more than Taylor, who is a bit of a leg iron on a good day. He's also a cockney so I know which way I'd be going on this one.

and a boro fan, for what its worth

What bullshit family are all Newcastle fans. Seriously are you fishing?