West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:iamatwat:

Can't help but laugh a little at Carroll these days. Sure, he probably didn't want to leave but the fact of the matter is he did. So all I'll say is that he should partly blame himself for this.

Guest Benarfanufc10

It incredible, like. In February 2010 I completely wrote him off as a top player; then he spends the next 12 months looking like England's best striker.

I hold my hands up and admit it my mistake, even going so far to defend the lad when people argued he wasn't one of the best strikers in the league. Then he spends 2011 looking like he did for the first half of the Championship season: slow to react, slow of stride, imbalanced, poor first touch and a tendency to horribly misread the game.

35 M :iamatwat: Carroll mistake Best mistake  ???

Carroll is a good player for stoke  :snod: and best for wigan

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't think it was a bad penalty tbh, read some stats recently that straight down the middle was your best chance as most keepers are deciding which side to dive and would look silly just staying central.

I'd always go high down the middle. Footballers really should be able to do that to an accurate standard anyway. 'keepers have to dive.

Don't think it was a bad penalty tbh, read some stats recently that straight down the middle was your best chance as most keepers are deciding which side to dive and would look silly just staying central.

How is that the best chance when the keeper saves it without even trying if they don't dive out of the way, happened today and all the time. Putting it hard in the corner where the keeper has no chance of reaching is obviously the best chance.

That logic pretty much only applies to FIFA.

How is that the best chance when the keeper saves it without even trying if they don't dive out of the way, happened today and all the time. Putting it hard in the corner where the keeper has no chance of reaching is obviously the best chance.

:dontknow: just what I read, makes sense to me though because most keepers will go one way or another. If you get it straight down the centre and above (diving) feet height then it seems more likely to go in.

Er, well his was perfectly at diving feet height too. :lol:

I wasn't saying his wasn't, that was just a continuation of the conversation. Still don't think it was a particularly bad penalty though. If it had gone in no-one would have been calling it a fluke or lucky, put it that way.