West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 1 month later...

Birmingham City and Stoke City are going head-to-head in a battle for Newcastle United’s Andy Carroll.

Sportsmail revealed Stoke's interest earlier this year and Alex McLeish is also keen to prise the striker away from his home-town club after a controversial first full season on Tyneside.

Stoke have told Celtic to up their opening bid of £1.5m for winger Liam Lawrence by £500,000.

Manager Tony Pulis wants £2m for the 28-year-old Ireland star. Cardiff, meanwhile, are battling it out with Reading for wantaway Stoke defender Andy Griffin.

The right back, 31, spent time on loan with Reading last season and already has an offer to return.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283539/Birmingham-Stoke-battle-Newcastles-Andy-Carroll.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0pkBq3swV

Tell me this just bull crap & we are not going to have our better players poached by the likes of Stoke & Brum.

It's absolute nonsense dreamt up by cuntish journalists who take great delight in trying to reinforce the idea that we're inferior to the likes of even two relatively small PL clubs. It's basically subtle ridicule, fuckers.

or maybe they are both interested in the player (i'd be surprised if they were the only ones) but like every player at every team in every league they'll have their price and if they don't match that price i'd doubt they'd have the pull for him to want to be away.

It's absolute nonsense dreamt up by cuntish journalists who take great delight in trying to reinforce the idea that we're inferior to the likes of even two relatively small PL clubs. It's basically subtle ridicule, fuckers.

i'd dont think birmignham would want him tbh they signed zigic last week and hes 6'7 or 8 do they need another striker in the same mould? stoke i don't doubt would like him but id think theyd prefer others like carlton cole because of higher profile

As if AC would want to move from his home town club to fucking dogshite like Stoke, I don't mind Birmingham so won't bad mouth them but they would hardly be eye openers for him would they? If there is any truth in it slap a £10m price tag on him, he is young, good and English that adds about £6m to your true value.

It would be seriously short sighted of Andy Carroll to join the likes of Stoke or Birmingham. Though both are currently in a better position than ourselves, it wont stay that way for long.

Glad he's won people (and Ronaldo) over.. Probably the most exciting player to come through our Academy in the last 20 years. I have faith he'll continue to improve..

Ronaldo not a person!?  :lol:

O0

Glad he's won people (and Ronaldo) over.. Probably the most exciting player to come through our Academy in the last 20 years. I have faith he'll continue to improve..

Ronaldo not a person!?  :lol:

O0

also exciting?  :lol:

he's a prospect, not so sure about the exciting part though.

If we get decent crosses into him, he'll put them away against anyone, I don't care if it's Blackpool or Chelsea.

Just hope we have enough in midfield to supply the balls. Also, that we aren't defending all the time because we give the ball away so much.