West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Michael, you're hanging around with a man who uses a collective term for a single vehicle.

Guest Phil K

Most unfunny man EVER.

I think you'll find thats Sarah Millican.

:lol:

Harsh.

Theres too many contestants for "Unfunniest" to count.

Poll 1/3 of Newcastle fans are daft.

No, they just have a different view to your own. Not necessarily wrong.

Who amongst us thought Ashley would be proved so dramatically right on the Carroll  transfer ?

:lol: I genuinely think you're daft. Barely any reasoning behind any of your arguments. As far as I know you've not really given a solid reason as to why it would be so stupid to just not bother getting Carroll.

Try something else, maybe something that actually suits the way our team are going.

Loan I can dig. Just about.

What does redcafe think?

That Ba is leaving.  :hmm:

:frantic:

What are the Spurs ITK thinking?

I am surprised Lol hasn't been on to give us the consensus there.

Too busy drafting a match report on Spurs under 7s heroic 9-4 victory over Repton Boys Club.

:lol: I genuinely think you're daft. Barely any reasoning behind any of your arguments. As far as I know you've not really given a solid reason as to why it would be so stupid to just not bother getting Carroll.

Try something else, maybe something that actually suits the way our team are going.

I'm surprised it was as many as 2/3 of people saying Yes TBH. If I'd guessed I would have said about 80/20 against. I'm out of touch with the people.

:lol:  posted for just such a bite. If you read my posts ive given every credible reason for signing him, for what he brings to the team, the squad, and the fact he fits the description of a striker Pardew gave. daft?

I see both sides. Don't think either is outright daft. Think he'd be good to have back on loan as quite simply we haven't got enough bodies up front, and he offers something different. Whilst I don't think Senegal will get past Tiote & his mates in the ACoN qualifier, it'd still be quite nice to have another senior striker other than the Living Legend behemoth that is Wor Shola.

Added to that, if we do revert to a straight 4-4-2 next season (for tactical reasons, personnel constraints or whatever) I'm a little unconvinced by how Cisse and Ba work in tandem (that's not to say they can't, btw) and adding in a Carroll-type striker might be an interesting complement for one of them as we fight on multiple fronts and need to rotate.

Why him specifically? No reason - but I still think he has talent and can do a job. If we can manage the fanfare and it doesn't cost us a bomb/over-the-odds - then I'm for it. Given what we've seen of the MA regime, he won't be here if it isn't a massive financial risk for us - so if he can get back in black and white, I'm okay with it :thup:

I'm surprised it was as many as 2/3 of people saying Yes TBH. If I'd guessed I would have said about 80/20 against. I'm out of touch with the people.

Same.

Loan I can dig. Just about.

What does redcafe think?

That Ba is leaving.  :hmm:

:frantic:

What are the Spurs ITK thinking?

I am surprised Lol hasn't been on to give us the consensus there.

Lol is no doubt following the U7s tour of local playparks. For all the piss-taking of Lol, I really enjoy his Spurs ITKing