West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@nufcawaytickets: A little bird has told me Andy Carroll will be an #NUFC player very shortly! Don't know what to make of his return to be honest

@nufcawaytickets: For all asking, trustworthy source who is close to the brother of Carver, was informed of the Anita/amalfitano transfers weeks in advance

Talking about deal everyone knows about: check

Extremely tenuous link to club: check

Mentions transfers they knew about in advance (but failed to tell anyone at the time): check

Seems legit.

@nufcawaytickets: A little bird has told me Andy Carroll will be an #NUFC player very shortly! Don't know what to make of his return to be honest

@nufcawaytickets: For all asking, trustworthy source who is close to the brother of Carver, was informed of the Anita/amalfitano transfers weeks in advance

Talking about deal everyone knows about: check

Extremely tenuous link to club: check

Mentions transfers they knew about in advance (but failed to tell anyone at the time): check

Seems legit.

Exactly. Same kind of crack as the fountain of knowledge, big Colin. Guesswork based on rumours, hoping it happens so they can say 'see a told you, eee am a football itk me' .

Guest Brazilianbob

Liverpool aint going to go for as loan deal cos Rodgers needs the cash to buy Dempsey and/or Walcott.  Sunderland are now after Dempsey in part ex for richardson so that should put a rocket up Liverpools backside regarding shifting Carroll.

Liverpool aint going to go for as loan deal cos Rodgers needs the cash to buy Dempsey and/or Walcott.  Sunderland are now after Dempsey in part ex for richardson so that should put a rocket up Liverpools backside regarding shifting Carroll.

ie they might take what they can get

aren't the end of transfer windows fun with all the random speculation  :snod:

aren't the end of transfer windows fun with all the random speculation   :snod:

NO

aren't the end of transfer windows fun with all the random speculation   :snod:

NO

just detach yourself from the nonsense and watch as football goes insane

Has Carroll himself actually made any comments over the summer?

Say's a lot in itself.

Why would he? He's happy enough to pick his 90 grand wage packet with rumours flying around, he couldn't give a toss. Not bothered enough to force a move away for first team football showing an incredible lack of ambition but like most footballers these days, it's all about the money.

West Ham offered to match his wages and then increase it if they stayed up, but he wouldn't go there. He'll only come back here.

Has Carroll himself actually made any comments over the summer?

Say's a lot in itself.

Disagree, dont think he ever wanted to leave, was told by the club, his agent and his best mate Nolan to leave, plus they waved 90K a week at him, people forget he`s dumb as fuck, probably regretted it the day he signed for them and his performances reflect that. Now hes being told the same less than 12 months later, not surprised he`s told them to fuck off unless its back to NUFC, the moment he leaves liverpool hes basically confirming he couldnt make it as a top striker and at such a young age, moving back here he can save face and probably his career.

Why would he? He's happy enough to pick his 90 grand wage packet with rumours flying around, he couldn't give a toss. Not bothered enough to force a move away for first team football showing an incredible lack of ambition but like most footballers these days, it's all about the money.

West Ham offered to match his wages and then increase it if they stayed up, but he wouldn't go there. He'll only come back here.

As much as I want to see Simpson upgraded, it would take him, Perch and Raylor to get injured to have to resort to Tavernier.

If Cisse and Ba get injured, then we really are in trouble with Ameobi as only striker.  Carroll is less of an improvement than Debuchy would be in terms of positions, yet he (or any real striker) is almost more of a priority over the course of a season.

Guest reefatoon

As much as I want to see Simpson upgraded, it would take him, Perch and Raylor to get injured to have to resort to Tavernier.

If Cisse and Ba get injured, then we really are in trouble with Ameobi as only striker.  Carroll is less of an improvement than Debuchy would be in terms of positions, yet he (or any real striker) is almost more of a priority over the course of a season.

Agree with that

!/5 with VC and 1/3 with Sky Bet to go to West Ham

Means nowt I suppose, was suspended on joining us the other day. Still think he'll go there though. I've found myself in a funny position, from originally not wanting him near SJP, to toying with the idea to thinking that we better get this plank in else the window has been a failure :lol: Obviously exaggerating but I've definitely come round to the idea.

Means nowt I suppose, was suspended on joining us the other day. Still think he'll go there though. I've found myself in a funny position, from originally not wanting him near SJP, to toying with the idea to thinking that we better get this plank in else the window has been a failure :lol: Obviously exaggerating but I've definitely come round to the idea.

Maybe but considering we were favourites yesterday there's obviously been a lot of money going down. Whether it's well-informed money remains to be seen.

Maybe but considering we were favourites yesterday there's obviously been a lot of money going down. Whether it's well-informed money remains to be seen.

True, we'll have to wait and see. Can't believe I'd be pretty gutted if he went there :lol: