West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

I think at this stage, it would be a massive boost to everyone's morale if he came back.

With his CD collection of Bob Marley

I think at this stage, it would be a massive boost to everyone's morale if he came back.

How... Where will he get the service from?... We'll just end up with the same problem Liverpool have now...

How... Where will he get the service from?... We'll just end up with the same problem Liverpool have now...

Who gave him service when he scored 9 goals for us in the first half of Premier League?

Guest reefatoon

Don't quite understand what you are getting at here?  Our strike force scored plenty last season, so to me they must have been getting decent service.  Why would that service change if Carroll was on the pitch?

Don't quite understand what you are getting at here?  Our strike force scored plenty last season, so to me they must have been getting decent service.  Why would that service change if Carroll was on the pitch?

Because if you take a closer look at our season we created very view chances and fortunately converted a high percentage of them... Carroll is not that kind of striker... Also if you have learnt anything from his time here you'll will of noticed he was only affective with a team built round him playing crosses mainly from Barton who is thankfully also long gone... The few games he did have with Ben Arfa it was noticeable he wasn't suited to the subtle change of style... You only have to look at Carroll's recent highlights package from Liverpool to see it's mainly all aerial... We don't currently have a decent crosser of the ball at the club... I'd recommend you re watch our goals from last season and let me know which ones you'd fancy Carroll to convert... We did brilliantly getting 5th but we never open teams up and make a host of chances...

You're including goals Cisse and to a lesser extent Ba scored through their quality alone, ala Chelsea. Also the service Carroll requires differs to that of Cisse. Cabaye putting a through ball for Cisse is ideal, whereas Carroll's strengths lie else where. Last time around with AC our play was very much one dimensional.

That's my understanding of what he's getting at anyway.

You're including goals Cisse and to a lesser extent Ba scored through their quality alone, ala Chelsea. Also the service Carroll requires differs to that of Cisse. Cabaye putting a through ball for Cisse is ideal, whereas Carroll's strengths lie else where. Last time around with AC our play was very much one dimensional.

Yes... and far more succinctly...

Guest BooBoo

He would get service from our collection of pretty good midfielders.

Guest BooBoo

Who's morale?

Management, players, supporters.

Guest BooBoo

This mantra is regularly trotted out.

And it's absolute garbage.

This mantra is regularly trotted out.

And it's absolute garbage.

Tell me where you will fit him in the team etc...

Guest pete in thanet

Alongside either Ba or Cisse

His movement has been ridiculed at Liverpool far more than it should have been.

If Rhodes is worth 8 million then a move for Carroll at a price that is being touted makes sense

If Rhodes is worth 8 million then a move for Carroll at a price that is being touted makes sense

Rhodes isn't worth 8 million though.

He's looked very ponderous every game I've seen him play so i'd personally disagree...

Looking at the comments the Rhodes transfer has received i think it seems quite clear not many people think he is worth £8m...