West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick comparison:

Benteke for say 17M or Andy for 15M?

Bite the arm off one of those!

Um... Benteke.

I don't want to come over all "we're not good enough", but he's getting a lot of interest and we're not as attractive as we should be...

Benteke will stay this coming season, have a good world cup, and take his pick of where he wants to go, to be honest. That's how good he potentially is.

He's only young and has lots of rough edges to lose still, but he's significantly better than Andy Carroll (who went to Liverpool for five times as much as we paid for Benteke, and probably earns three times as much as Benteke does).

Andy Carroll is significantly better at being English though.

Quick comparison:

Um... Benteke.

I don't want to come over all "we're not good enough", but he's getting a lot of interest and we're not as attractive as we should be...

Benteke will stay this coming season, have a good world cup, and take his pick of where he wants to go, to be honest. That's how good he potentially is.

He's only young and has lots of rough edges to lose still, but he's significantly better than Andy Carroll (who went to Liverpool for five times as much as we paid for Benteke, and probably earns three times as much as Benteke does).

and miles better at being a geordie without doubt.

Quick comparison:

Um... Benteke.

He's the absolute perfect Martin O'Neill signing.

Quick comparison:

Um... Benteke.

He's the absolute perfect Martin O'Neill Pardew signing.

Fixed

Quick comparison:

Um... Benteke.

and miles better at being a geordie without doubt.

Debatable.

Want Andy home, Benteke could be only one season wonder... So bring Geordie boy home!!

Ironic!

Not really. He'd need to have played well for an entire season for it to be ironic.

Guest icemanblue

Sure Pardew said last week that we're 'definitely interested'. If the club doesn't share that view, well, it can only mean one thing...

EDIT: Damn. Beaten by people genuinely suggesting this. :lol:

I am surprised they have come out so quickly to deny interest (which if true is only fair to Carroll if he hoping for a return).  They must be confident of getting other targets otherwise you would think they would keep the interest alive for a while.

Although with our lot, I am never sure what their motives are.

I am surprised they have come out so quickly to deny interest (which if true is only fair to Carroll if he hoping for a return).  They must be confident of getting other targets otherwise you would think they would keep the interest alive for a while.

Although with our lot, I am never sure what their motives are.

Jason Prior, sell-on value.