Geremi

Decky

Geremi is a decent passer and much better than Butt.

Every time we change manager, I always hope that the new one will be around long enough to see the limitations of some of our established players. Butt, Duff, Smith, Shola,.... and get rid or at least keep them as squad players only. What always seems to happen is the new fella comes in and they end up back at the front of the queue on reputation or experience or whatever.

this!!  it's fucking mind boggling

I don't think Germi is  a good player but the thing is Butt is bad and we still want to offer him a new deal I just don't get it. Ok lets use him until the end of the season then lets find a good player for next season but it seems no one makes sense in this kinda thinking

This

Liverpool ran rings around us in midfield and Geremi isn't going to do anything to stop that.

And this...

Exactly. We need to buy a centre midfielder who has two legs that work. Geremi is just a slightly more skilful alternative to Butt. Both are too old and too slow.

Let no more be said.

Decky- less posts please for the good of Newcastle supporters everywhere.

You talk sense, but weirdly its irritating none the less.

Our team woul've been immense in 03.

Geremi was a very good player. He probably has the most consistent delivery in our own team but his legs have long gone. Same with Butt, Duff & to an extent Owen.

Throw in the fact that Beye would be 5 years younger, and Cacapa would be a lot more capable as well, it would have looked impressive!

Our team woul've been immense in 03.

Geremi was a very good player. He probably has the most consistent delivery in our own team but his legs have long gone. Same with Butt, Duff & to an extent Owen.

Throw in the fact that Beye would be 5 years younger, and Cacapa would be a lot more capable as well, it would have looked impressive!

Owen & Duff where probably some of the best players in their position in the world at that time. Geremi & Butt through the middle as well.

My view he should be in at Right-Back till Habib Beye is fit.

Edger simply isn't good enough at Premiership level in his own position nevermind out of position to continue at right back.

Geremi however before he joined was a near first choice under Mourinho at right-back toying with Ferriera starting the Champions League Semi Final in the position.

Anyway it would give Gutierrez a much better chance of a good pass then he had on Sunday thats for sure.

My view he should be in at Right-Back till Habib Beye is fit.

Edger simply isn't good enough at Premiership level in his own position nevermind out of position to continue at right back.

Geremi however before he joined was a near first choice under Mourinho at right-back toying with Ferriera starting the Champions League Semi Final in the position.

Anyway it would give Gutierrez a much better chance of a good pass then he had on Sunday thats for sure.

that was ages ago man, but agree, he's better than Edgar

The bloke cannot run. What is he doing at our club? Is there not anyone in the reserves or in the championship who can replace him? What is going on? How can a premier league side field players who cannot run? Am I missing something ? 

Someone please enlighten me!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The German

Source: www.skysports.com

Newcastle midfielder Geremi has told skysports.com that he could be ready to leave St James' Park in search of regular first-team football.

The former Real Madrid, Chelsea and Middlesbrough man has not started a match under Magpies boss Joe Kinnear since the 2-2 home draw with Stoke City on 6th December.

Geremi, who is under contract until summer 2010 and captained the club for a stint at the start of the 2007/08 campaign, has made just 12 appearances all season.

The versatile Cameroon international, who is equally comfortable at right-back, has been linked with Turkish giants Besiktas or a January switch to France.

Involved

Geremi, 30, told skysports.com: "I want to be involved on the football field. I am nearing the end of my career and I don't want to sit on the bench.

"I heard there is a bid for me from a club in Europe but I am waiting to decide what to do.

"To be honest, I want to play. If not, we will have to take a decision to satisfy everyone."

---

He's speaking out just the truth... I would feel miserable too if I would see that a player like Nicky Butt is still playing instead of him...

Good, he's absolutelly shocking! ... If we can get a few million for him I would snatch their hands off, then spent it on someone who can play wide and central. Barnes fron Derby or maybe Ledley from Cardiff. Both good prospects.

2m + Geremi for Seba Larrson please

Why would he want to go to Birmingham?

Who cares what he wants? ;)

The slave trade was abolished a long time ago.

"I think in football there's [...] modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere."

Sepp Blatter

;)