The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Roberto DiMatteo is a f***ing w*****.

I think you can win that tie 1878-Liverpool have bigger fish to fry this season.Di Matteo may have done everyone a favour here.

Both sides will play full teams in each game I think. Benitez will be making a rod for his own back if he plays reserves & kids and we knock them out of the cup.

I'm just pissed off that I have to sit through another one of these games. 2 derbies a year is more than enough.

f*** off Villa, wasn't a pen. Mighty gills did better than I expected really, that goal was class, Jackson looks as though he should be able to step up a league or two without too much trouble.

Johnie Jackson has had his pop on the big stage. The likes of him & Richie Wellens are best off lower down the league looking class acts.

Who scored Real Madrid winner? Did the Real Madrids new signings play?

Diarra played and did quite well, got subbed late on even though he played better than Gago who was also one tackle away from being sent off. That's Ramos for you though.

Robben was out of this world, back to the form of his early days at Chelsea. Sneijder was impressive as well.

Villareal deserved a draw mind.

f*** off Villa, wasn't a pen. Mighty gills did better than I expected really, that goal was class, Jackson looks as though he should be able to step up a league or two without too much trouble.

Johnie Jackson has had his pop on the big stage. The likes of him & Richie Wellens are best off lower down the league looking class acts.

I think he means Simeon Jackson, the guy who scored the goal.

The Canadian chap?

That's the one.

How lazy and uninterested does Berbatov look man

He's still class though. Some of touches are absolutely fucking brilliant. Would boil my piss to see a player just walking around like he does if he was in my team, but his flick-ons are an absolute joy to watch, tbh.

His style of play just looks lazy.  It's not his job to run up and down the pitch.  He has a very specific skill set and it's not suited to being a "box-to-box" striker like Rooney or someone similar who just runs their ass off all match.  He's there to hold the ball up and create something - which to be honest, he does better than almost anyone else.  Two instances stand out to me: 1) last season when he was on the RB's side of the 18 yard box and he flicked the ball up and volleyed it over his shoulder straight into Keane's path who then promptly put it away and 2) Earlier this season in the CL when he did that little flick right on the goal line over the defender's sweeping foot.  Both absolutely brilliant.  Would love to have his "lazy" ass here.

Saw some statistics for a game earlier this season, showing distance covered by all players. Most players who play 90 minutes cover around 10000 metres, give or take a thousand or two depending on position and the player. Berbatov covered 4500 during those 90 minutes.

How lazy and uninterested does Berbatov look man

He's still class though. Some of touches are absolutely f***ing brilliant. Would boil my piss to see a player just walking around like he does if he was in my team, but his flick-ons are an absolute joy to watch, tbh.

Meh, anorexic, sh*t version of Viduka tbh. ;)

His style of play just looks lazy.  It's not his job to run up and down the pitch.  He has a very specific skill set and it's not suited to being a "box-to-box" striker like Rooney or someone similar who just runs their ass off all match.  He's there to hold the ball up and create something - which to be honest, he does better than almost anyone else.  Two instances stand out to me: 1) last season when he was on the RB's side of the 18 yard box and he flicked the ball up and volleyed it over his shoulder straight into Keane's path who then promptly put it away and 2) Earlier this season in the CL when he did that little flick right on the goal line over the defender's sweeping foot.  Both absolutely brilliant.  Would love to have his "lazy" ass here.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

Never forget.

:pow: