The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Milner playing the position he will end up playing in his future. Right back.

Gabby on the right now with Carew and Heskey up top and Young on the left.

Could be interesting this last half hour.

Villa could get back into this.

Bent looked offside when Palacios hit the initial shot, does that not count when he comes back into play?

I haven't seen it, but if Bent was offside when Palacios kicked it then yeah he was in an offside position.

There's a different between being in an offside position and being penalised for being offside though.

Just shown it now, I was right. :dontknow:

Bent looked offside when Palacios hit the initial shot, does that not count when he comes back into play?

I haven't seen it, but if Bent was offside when Palacios kicked it then yeah he was in an offside position.

There's a different between being in an offside position and being penalised for being offside though.

No, we were all right. So selfish aren't you?

:rolleyes:

Spurs are playing very nice football it has to be said. But then they've got "Jenarse" in midfield who was hated up here, whereas now we've got Nicky Butt and Nolan. Lucky us!

Guest firetotheworks

Spurs are playing very nice football it has to be said. But then they've got "Jenarse" in midfield who was hated up here, whereas now we've got Nicky Butt and Nolan. Lucky us!

Jenas has nowt to do with it and you know it, and its plain to see. The amount of misplaced passes he's played is just as bad as Butt and co. Modric and Palascios have been the reason their midfield has been decent. Its plain to see.

Jenas has nowt to do with it and you know it, and its plain to see. The amount of misplaced passes he's played is just as bad as Butt and co. Modric and Palascios have been the reason their midfield has been decent. Its plain to see.

This attitude is why we deserve to have Nicky Butt clogging up our shite midfield. Enjoy.

Darren Bent scores goals. Period.

Ah right, because sliding across to tap in a ball that was already half a foot away from going in over the line anyway demonstrates this.

Not saying he's not a good player, just that that goal isn't exactly a shining example of Bent being a great goalscorer.

The new phase of play began when Keane had his shot, and when that happened Bent was in an onside position, so it's a legit goal.

This attitude is why we deserve to have Nicky Butt clogging up our shite midfield. Enjoy.

How? :lol:

Its like saying "if only we kept Andy O'Brien, we would be safe like Bolton are".

Don't be absurd.

Have you forgotten how bad their midfield was at the start of the season when this Jenas was in midfield?

Mostly down to Palacios and Lennon's form. nothing to do with Jenas.

Sorry.

The new phase of play began when Keane had his shot, and when that happened Bent was in an onside position, so it's a legit goal.

Cheers. :thup:

Darren Bent scores goals. Period.

Ah right, because sliding across to tap in a ball that was already half a foot away from going in over the line anyway demonstrates this.

Not saying he's not a good player, just that that goal isn't exactly a shining example of Bent being a great goalscorer.

Seems to work just fine for Owen.

Guest firetotheworks

This attitude is why we deserve to have Nicky Butt clogging up our s**** midfield. Enjoy.

Get off your presumptuous high horse, man. Jenas is better than what we have, but that doesnt mean he's the reason Spurs are playing well in this match. Its merely convenient to your argument that he once played for us...and was ineffective, remember?

Don't be absurd.

Have you forgotten how bad their midfield was at the start of the season when this Jenas was in midfield?

Sorry.

I always liked Jenas because I thought he was a good player to facilitate passing football. Much better than Nicky Butt for example. Both were in our team under Souness, we are now left with Butt who won't be removed from the team unless dynamite is involved.

But of course Dyer and Jenas were the shit players and hated by all let's remember.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't be absurd.

Sorry.

I always liked Jenas because I thought he was a good player to facilitate passing football. Much better than Nicky Butt for example. Both were in our team under Souness, we are now left with Butt who won't be removed from the team unless dynamite is involved.

But of course Dyer and Jenas were the s*** players and hated by all let's remember.

...and while you're getting down off your high horse, try taking off the shit tinted glasses.

Jenas passed like a crab walks, he gets a few goals but really doesn't offer much at all in terms of "football" whether it be in attack or in helping out the defence.

I don't think he is as bad as people make out but he isn't that good either. I had massively high hopes for him here but he is one of those players who never seem to progress past early promise.

Don't be absurd.

Sorry.

But of course Dyer and Jenas were the s*** players and hated by all let's remember.

...and while you're getting down off your high horse, try taking off the shit tinted glasses.

Denial is ok. If it makes you feel better.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't be absurd.

Sorry.

...and while you're getting down off your high horse, try taking off the s*** tinted glasses.

Denial is ok. If it makes you feel better.

Aye, Jenas and Dyer were 'hated by all were they? And you liked them? All minus 1 then, oh yeah and I liked them and watched them either get injured all the time or fall from grace. All minus 2 then. I presume others have similar opinions. So what part of 'hated by all' makes sense when making such a contradictory statement?