The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest Heneage

Maxi Rodriguez-----------------Assuncao-------------------Raul Garcia----------------------Simao

---------------------------------------------Kun Aguero-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------Forlan------------------------------------------

How the hell is this team not finishing at least 3rd every season?. I realise it's because of their dodgy defence but their defence is pretty decent looking on paper (Hetinga, Ulfalusi, Lopes ect), They even have some decent players on the bench like Pongolle, luis Garcia, Banega and the youngster Camacho.

They need a new goalie though.

Leo Franco wasn't at fault for either goal tonight.

yeh, i didn't say he was.

But that's my point you say they have a good defence, but they don't really. They have a good defenders, but any back line is the sum of its parts and the ability to work together with an understanding. That lack of a solid understanding was evident tonight.

Guest kingdawson

Maxi Rodriguez-----------------Assuncao-------------------Raul Garcia----------------------Simao

---------------------------------------------Kun Aguero-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------Forlan------------------------------------------

How the hell is this team not finishing at least 3rd every season?. I realise it's because of their dodgy defence but their defence is pretty decent looking on paper (Hetinga, Ulfalusi, Lopes ect), They even have some decent players on the bench like Pongolle, luis Garcia, Banega and the youngster Camacho.

They need a new goalie though.

Leo Franco wasn't at fault for either goal tonight.

yeh, i didn't say he was.

But that's my point you say they have a good defence, but they don't really. They have a good defenders, but any back line is the sum of its parts and the ability to work together with an understanding. That lack of a solid understanding was evident tonight.

Yeh i agree, but i actually said they have a "decent defence on paper". As a unit, they are very weak (which is partly down to the goalkeeper not communicating with the backline). At times this season, they've been an embarasement at the back.

Norwegian Premier League started today, Rosenborg beat Vålerenga 3-0 and it was all wank-bank material. I came twice from the goals. The bare thought of us not getting Skjelbred when we were linked to him is the stuff of nightmares the way he keeps preforming for Rosenborg and Norway.

Norwegian Premier League started today, Rosenborg beat Vålerenga 3-0 and it was all w***-bank material. I came twice from the goals. The bare thought of us not getting Skjelbred when we were linked to him is the stuff of nightmares the way he keeps preforming for Rosenborg and Norway.

Did you manage to reach the centre circle on either occasion?

Guest firetotheworks

Spurs are playing very nice football it has to be said. But then they've got "Jenarse" in midfield who was hated up here, whereas now we've got Nicky Butt and Nolan. Lucky us!

Don't be absurd.

Have you forgotten how bad their midfield was at the start of the season when this Jenas was in midfield?

Mostly down to Palacios and Lennon's form. nothing to do with Jenas.

Sorry.

I always liked Jenas because I thought he was a good player to facilitate passing football. Much better than Nicky Butt for example. Both were in our team under Souness, we are now left with Butt who won't be removed from the team unless dynamite is involved.

But of course Dyer and Jenas were the s*** players and hated by all let's remember.

...and while you're getting down off your high horse, try taking off the s*** tinted glasses.

Denial is ok. If it makes you feel better.

Aye, Jenas and Dyer were 'hated by all were they? And you liked them? All minus 1 then, oh yeah and I liked them and watched them either get injured all the time or fall from grace. All minus 2 then. I presume others have similar opinions. So what part of 'hated by all' makes sense when making such a contradictory statement?

Why are you getting so wound up over a positive comment about Jenas? Spurs played good football today and their midfield were a big part of it and unfortunately he was part of it. We have one of the worst midfields in the country ATM and have had for some time because our players are mostly over-the-hill retards. That's the point.

Because Im sick of this perception that everyone on here/Newcastle fans in general have this 'nothing is good enough' attitude. Butt being shit doesnt make Jenas good, it makes him better. Thats no compliment on Jenas. Theres nothing to suggest that we made the wrong decision in selling him; not getting a decent replacement; definitely.  Your suggestion that Jenas had anything to do with the good performance of Spurs today is completely flawed when I watched him misplace pass after pass throughout the match.

It just narks me when players are perceived as being better once theyve gone. Milner, Dyer, Jenas, Parker all had their faults when playing for us. They all still have them. Being better than Nicky Butt is not an achievement.

Guest Heneage

The Smogs actually came across quote well in that feature, how comes they didn't find the mongs like they do with us?

Then you look at the crowd and see the majority of muppets. Still think the two teams playing there are down like.

Anybody else watching MOTD2? I swear Pardew just said "and he absolutely raped him" in regards to Essien shrugging Ched Evans off the ball

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Class. That term should be used more in commentary iyam.

Guest Heneage

He's shockingly inconsistent, him and Martins  would be the most frustrating pair in the league.

Must admit Phil Browns dandruff jacket is horrible.

Guest firetotheworks

The Smogs actually came across quote well in that feature, how comes they didn't find the mongs like they do with us?

Then you look at the crowd and see the majority of muppets. Still think the two teams playing there are down like.

The editor is a Boro fan. Not kidding either.