The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

todays games

I wanted West Ham to lose, although its a shame they didn't score and stop that defensive record.

I also hope they are ordered to pay Sheff Utd 50 million quid, and see Martin Samuel's fat face on Sunday Supplement telling us how unjust it is.

Just one remarkable stat regarding Giggs. His goal today means he's scored a goal in EVERY single season of the Premier League since football it started in 1992.

That's ridiculous.  :clap:

One of a few manu players who have been a true great and a credit to the game.

Barca 3-0 Alves

All those English teams who didn't buy him bcos he was 'overpriced' must be kicking themselves. Unbelievably good player.

Best player in the world right now excluding Messi.

Good article...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jan/26/dani-alves-barcelona-leo-messi

Class.

Refreshing when players like that get the credit they deserve, as it doesn't usually happen.

Just one remarkable stat regarding Giggs. His goal today means he's scored a goal in EVERY single season of the Premier League since football it started in 1992.

Him and Scholes. Two of the best British players of their generation.  :thup:

and Beckham !

and Beckham !

Nah, he's a cunt. :)

I wouldn't say he's the second best player in the world, but he's probaly the best defender (If you can even call him that). He definitely stagnated during his last year or so at Sevilla, so it is pleasing to see such a talent back on his top level. Chelsea should have just pumped out the extra 9 million or so to get him instead of that useless Boswinga.

and Beckham !

do you ?

I think he's been a great player, great professional and is also a good bloke to go with it.

Don't like his missus mind  ;D

and Beckham !

do you ?

I think he's been a great player, great professional and is also a good bloke to go with it.

Haven't got the time of day for him tbh. A pretty good footballer but nowhere near the level of Giggs or Scholes imo.

I also think he always comes across as a fucking prick.

and Beckham !

Nah, he's a c***. :)

do you ?

Haven't got the time of day for him tbh. A pretty good footballer but nowhere near the level of Giggs or Scholes imo.

I also think he always comes across as a f***ing prick.

He was a brilliant footballer and is probably still just as effective as Giggs or Scholes are. The tragedy ( :rolleyes:) with Beckham is that he's often underrated as a footballer because of his "hollywood" status.

and Beckham !

do you ?

I also think he always comes across as a fucking prick.

does anybody begrudge Beckham becoming the most capped England player, not that we can do owt about it ?

He's one of those players who knows how to play to his strengths.

His last few years for England (since 2004) he was a real liability a lot of the time. Used to hate him. Now he's only a bit part player for England have come to appreciate him a lot more.

He's one of those players who knows how to play to his strengths.

His last few years for England (since 2004) he was a real liability a lot of the time. Used to hate him. Now he's only a bit part player for England have come to appreciate him a lot more.

that quickly hit ball in from the right ? Most dangerous ball in the game and I've never seen anybody do it better.

He was never a central player though, where he just wanted too much of the ball and sometimes slowed the game down. On the right though, different class.

Guest quklaani

Barca 3-0 Alves

All those English teams who didn't buy him bcos he was 'overpriced' must be kicking themselves. Unbelievably good player.

Next world cup Brazil will have him and Maicon at either full back spot (Dunga will surely play Alves at left back, he's just as good there and far better than the alternatives.) presumably with the twins as back up.  Just a little bit scary...

Guest Nufc4Life

Have a lot of time for Beckham.

When i was younger, quite a few years ago like,  i won this competiton to go the charity shield as it was then to see Man U v Chelsea, not sure what year it was, don't think Beckham had hit superstardom yet but he was big.

Anyway, as part of the prize we got to lead out the players, and before the game we was all stood in the tunnel, and various players walked past, got autographs and all that, Charlton was there, got Giggs, Mark Hughes, Zola and a couple of others, all signed and walked off like. Poborsky just walked past and shook his head, cunt.

But yeah, then came David Beckham. Now bare in mind there was like 8 of us in there, he stopped, signed everyones book, and had a conversation with all of us, asking how we was etc, was the only one to do it, truly class act, i'll never forget that.

Barca 3-0 Alves

Next world cup Brazil will have him and Maicon at either full back spot (Dunga will surely play Alves at left back, he's just as good there and far better than the alternatives.) presumably with the twins as back up.  Just a little bit scary...

Spine of the team is non-existant though at the moment as good as the attacking midfield/full-back options are.

No idea how anyone can say Beckham comes off as a prick.  Always comes across as a top bloke to me and a player I've always respected.

Also a genuine world class player in his day, and is proving at Milan he still has what it takes to cut it at the highest level.

No idea how anyone can say Beckham comes off as a prick.  Always comes across as a top bloke to me and a player I've always respected.

Also a genuine world class player in his day, and is proving at Milan he still has what it takes to cut it at the highest level.

:thup:

Just never, ever liked him. No idea why and it's probably totally irrational but there you go.