The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

USA look impressive. Or is just that... Mexico don't?

Mexcio that does not look impressive. I mean, it's America. Not to mention America playing actual football. Seriously, that just doesn't add up as them being impressive.

Ah fuck it. My random Brazilian friendly-thing match with Flamengo vs Random cunting Brazilian team fucked up my biggest bet of the day. £11 on USA, Flamengo, Palmeiras and another random Brazilian club. Would've returned a nice £110.

Still have one £4, one £6 and one £5 bet running for the weekend. And I've already made a £46 add-on profit from the £54 I started with thanks to Norway and Sweden. Looking a decent week for me betting-wise.

Team and country really get motivated for the Mexico match.

To be fair, the US has a lot of players in foreign leagues now too.  There is a lot of American talent playing abroad and getting good European experience - they are definitely much better than they were 2-5 years ago.

Also, I remember us being in for Bradley last summer.  Too bad I guess!  15 in 55 from midfield when he played for Heerenveen (and 5 in 27 for the National Team).

Team and country really get motivated for the Mexico match.

To be fair, the US has a lot of players in foreign leagues now too.  There is a lot of American talent playing abroad and getting good European experience - they are definitely much better than they were 2-5 years ago.

Also, I remember us being in for Bradley last summer.  Too bad I guess!  15 in 55 from midfield when he played for Heerenveen (and 5 in 27 for the National Team).

Yeah, we get better every year that passes, but it's the Mexico matches that everyone gets up for.

The US has dominated Mexico over the last decade or so. Wouldn't have expected much from Mexico in Columbus (especially Columbus). Don't think that Sven will be fired over failing to beat the US away. Were Mexico to fail to win at home (especially at Azteca), he'd be as good as gone.

Just Sven's luck-- the next two games are Costa Rica (home) and Honduras (away). [After mexico and the us, the two strongest teams in the region] He could be out of a job mighty quick.   >:D

The US has dominated Mexico over the last decade or so. Wouldn't have expected much from Mexico in Columbus (especially Columbus). Don't think that Sven will be fired over failing to beat the US away. Were Mexico to fail to win at home (especially at Azteca), he'd be as good as gone.

Just Sven's luck-- the next two games are Costa Rica (home) and Honduras (away). [After mexico and the us, the two strongest teams in the region] He could be out of a job mighty quick.   >:D

If Svennieboii can't make Mexico beat Costa Rica and Honduras, he deserves to be out of a job mighty quick.

If Svennieboii can't make Mexico beat Costa Rica and Honduras, he deserves to be out of a job mighty quick.

Well, Mexico has already lost to Honduras (in an earlier round). They only made it this far because they had a better goal differential than Jamaica.  Not sure, but I think that Costa Rica is the only team to ever beat Mexico at Azteca.

Well, Mexico has already lost to Honduras (in an earlier round). They only made it this far because they had a better goal differential than Jamaica.  Not sure, but I think that Costa Rica is the only team to ever beat Mexico at Azteca.

I think you may be correct there. But still, Sven must soon be done shagging his way through Mexico soon.

I'm not sure why, but I have a strangely positive feeling about today. (I've been rather negative in recent times, so for me to think we have some chance against Chelsea is rather odd!) I think we'll give at least a good account of ourselves. It's been a couple of weeks since our last game but our new board seems to have promoted some sort of unity within the club, as opposed to the fragmentation of the club between staff/board that there was previously, the new lot seem to have the clubs best interest at heart. Rodgers is coming on really well and our new signings are very promising (although Mike Williamson and Jack Cork are both ineligible today, so Captain Calamity could be playing). Hoping to see Don Cowie start and that the new Latvian winger gets a run-out at some stage. I just think we'll do alright today, hopefully Chelsea won't be too galvanised by their recent changes, but they may be. Don't reckon we'll get massacred though, but I still think Swansea will rape us on Tuesday.

They do play some fantastic football like.

I wish I had just a little faith that our heirachy were sitting at home watching and thinking that Martinez was a manager worth approaching

He wasn't managing in the 90s so no chance.