The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest quklaani

Man Utd Everton, Chelsea vs Arsenal/Hull in Semis

Man Utd-Chelsea final then, another snoozefest.

Snoozefest? according to media it was a very exciting game, get with the program man

???

I'm pretty sure everyone recognises it was just about the dullest FA cup final in the competition's history.  I wanted them in the semis, anything to avoid having to play those cunts in another cup final.

Both teams will cancel each other out until some foreign bloke scores a scrappy winner in the 119th minute. He will then state in broken English that he has always dreamed of winning the FA Cup having always watched the final back home in (Add any country).

The winning team will do a half arsed lap of honour and some may break into a semblence of a smile.

Both teams will cancel each other out until some foreign bloke scores a scrappy winner in the 119th minute. He will then state in broken English that he has always dreamed of winning the FA Cup having always watched the final back home in (Add any country).

The winning team will do a half arsed lap of honour and some may break into a semblence of a smile.

Spot on.

Guest quklaani

Surprised Quklaani hasn't declared Manu as winners already.

It's funny because I said I thought we'd beat Pompey at home I obviously think we'll t*** Everton and either of Arsenal and Chelsea!

O0

Edit:  Forgot what I came here to say.  I hate the fact that the semis are at Wembley.  Plenty of people whinge about the clubs ruining the FA cup but that completely fecks up the attraction of getting to a Wembley final.  It's wonderful to be in a cup final, but there's nothing special about the stadium if you played there a month earlier.

Guest timmy boy

It's funny because I said I thought we'd beat Pompey at home I obviously think we'll t*** Everton and either of Arsenal and Chelsea!

O0

Edit:  Forgot what I came here to say.  I hate the fact that the semis are at Wembley.  Plenty of people whinge about the clubs ruining the FA cup but that completely fecks up the attraction of getting to a Wembley final.  It's wonderful to be in a cup final, but there's nothing special about the stadium if you played there a month earlier.

I agree, it degrades the final. Villa Park and Old Trafford should hold the semi's but that doesn't pay the debt off from the new stadium.

O0

I agree, it degrades the final. Villa Park and Old Trafford should hold the semi's but that doesn't pay the debt off from the new stadium.

Wank playing semis at Wembley.

Hope Arsenal win the cup. No particular reason why.

O0

w*** playing semis at Wembley.

Hope Arsenal win the cup. No particular reason why.

Arsenal or Everton, for me

Arsenal or Everton, for me

I think I would like Arsenal to win it so that Arsene can stick 2 fingers up at his critics but conversely, I dont want them to win it because of their ungrateful wanker fans who thought it was justifyable to boo them off the pitch last week.

I'd fancy our chances against Chelsea or Arsenal (no offence Hull). At least to give them good games.

I just can't see us getting past Man Utd. The former 2 sides of shown weaknesses this season; whilst even if Ronaldo, Rooney etc had an off day, we have that defence to try and get past, not to mention the 3 or 4 other match-winners they have in their side.

Guest quklaani

I remember the last time we played you at Wembley and were supposedly nailed on to win.

Think I might have cried...

I remember the last time we played you at Wembley and were supposedly nailed on to win.

We'll need that sort of game/goal again. All aboard the luck express.

Guest kingdawson

Daniel f***ing Amakachi still has the power to reduce me to tears :weep:.

Think you lot have a genuine chance of winning it tbh. You impressed me at the Lane this season in a 'f*** me, we're never gonna score' sort of way. Let me ask you something, what's your opinions on Cahill? I happen to think he's quite a limited player who possesses the best headers in the league, but can only perform in a 4-5-1 where he's given the freedom to roam, and join the attack whenever he wants. He's tackling is on par with Scholes, but i don't think he's a nasty player in the slightest. What i'm trying to get at is i doubt he'll be anywhere near as effective in a standard 4-4-2, where the manager actually gives him set instructions. Have i got it wrong??

Daniel f***ing Amakachi still has the power to reduce me to tears :weep:.

Think you lot have a genuine chance of winning it tbh. You impressed me at the Lane this season in a 'f*** me, we're never gonna score' sort of way. Let me ask you something, what's your opinions on Cahill? I happen to think he's quite a limited player who possesses the best headers in the league, but can only perform in a 4-5-1 where he's given the freedom to roam, and join the attack whenever he wants. He's tackling is on par with Scholes, but i don't think he's a nasty player in the slightest. What i'm trying to get at is i doubt he'll be anywhere near as effective in a standard 4-4-2, where the manager actually gives him set instructions. Have i got it wrong??

Average player who thrives on freedom.

Technically he's mediocre. Shooting, anything harder than a short, basic pass, general control, are all not particularly good. When he's behind the striker or the striker himself, I think he relishes the responsibility and importance of him. His heading is outstanding, near enough the best in the league when you consider his height. His awareness of where to be in terms of being in the right place at the right time is also impressive. In a 4-4-2 though, he's invisible.

Re: tackling, he's abysmal, and I can see why opposition fans think he's a little s**t, but I don't think he's that bad. Fellaini is an even worse situation; 12 yellow cards iirc, and I can't remember one particularly dangerous or violent challenge.

In terms of the semi final, I just can't see it. Our midfield is at times shockingly inept and ineffective, Spurs midfield at times looks on a different planet to ours and when you consider the league positions it really emphasises how in need of help ours is. Seeing it being crippled with injuries time and again, as well as our best player by far being out injured doesn't help, but still, basic quick passing and movement is often beyond us. I think we'll be outclassed in midfield, albeit sturdy in defence.