The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Essien starts for Chelsea tonight. Can't stand Chelsea but he is one of my favourite players so it is good to see him return.

Don't forget that you can stream all ITV channels on a slight delay via their website, so you don't have to miss out if your housemates (as will probably be the case for me)/wives etc want to watch the tv whilst the games are on.

Shame Huntelaar can't play, did i read rightly someone Ramos opted not to pick him and picked Diarra instead? Mental, espec with Van the Horse injured n all

Yeah, that's what happened. To be fair they've got the likes of Raul on form, and it might even lead to Saviola getting a chance. I guess Ramos values a defensive midfielder more in Europe than another striker, and since they're without Mahamadou Diarra for the season they've gone with, erm, 'Lass'.

Essien starts for Chelsea tonight. Can't stand Chelsea but he is one of my favourite players so it is good to see him return.

Don't forget that you can stream all ITV channels on a slight delay via their website, so you don't have to miss out if your housemates (as will probably be the case for me)/wives etc want to watch the tv whilst the games are on.

Very much agreed. As well as being a talented, athletic footballer, he strikes me as the type who doesn't brag about his lifestyle much and is fairly easy-going.

Re: the Liverpool match, I think it'll be 0-0 or 1-1, thus sending the B-starreds through.

Interesting question: In the first leg, would you rather win 1-0 at home or 1-0 away?

Intuitive answer is 1-0 away since you have that away goal, but I don't know. 1-0 home means that the other team do not have an away goal, so if you fluke one in the second leg, the home team have to score 3 to make it through. If you have a 1-0 away win, 1 goal from the other team now creates a really perilous situation, especially if it's the first goal of the game. If you lose one more goal, you have to score 4.

Interesting question: In the first leg, would you rather win 1-0 at home or 1-0 away?

Intuitive answer is 1-0 away since you have that away goal, but I don't know. 1-0 home means that the other team do not have an away goal, so if you fluke one in the second leg, the home team have to score 3 to make it through. If you have a 1-0 away win, 1 goal from the other team now creates a really perilous situation, especially if it's the first goal of the game. If you lose one more goal, you have to score 4.

Thus I don't understand some people (well, mainly my friends) saying that Man Utd are strong favourites. How? One goal for Inter puts them in the s**t.

Guest Stephen927

Would prefer to win 1-0 at home in the first leg, it's harder to chase a game away from home so hopefully with that advantage you could grab another away from home to seal it.

Guest Stephen927

"Gerrard made the most of it"

ergo

"If I wasn't cleaning his f***ing bellend after the game, I'd say in my ITV voice that he's a cheating, scouse c*** with a girls voice"

You can bet if it were Robben it would be "hate to see this kind of thing in the modern game on such a big stage"