The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

This is the worst Brazil team in ages I reckon.

Ronaldinho is a shadow of his former self.

Kaka is overrated (but still good) and not in the league of Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard and Torres.

Robinho overrated as well.

Elano can't even get his game for Man City half the time.

Dani Alves is world class (their best player atm)

Defence rubbish as usual.

And you show that you're knowledge of Brazilian football is more crap than the team itself, congrats.

1. Ronaldinho is shit i agree.

2. Kaka isn't overrated, the fact that you say something like that shows that you're completely incompentent.

3. Robinho hasn't been well this year, but overrated? Have you seen him for our team (bar today) hes been our best player for several matches.

4. Elano is a good player, but is lacking confidence and motivations.

5. According to you Alves is our best player, and thats why he starts behind a Maicon who has been Inters together with Ibrahimovic best player this season and probably Serie A's best defender this season.

6. Defence is rubbish, and therefore South Americas best defence right now? Get you're facts straight.

I have one thing to tell you my friend, you're rubbish.

Great end to the US/El Salvador match last night.  USA really should've won by a long shot considering the opposition but still a great match.

Should have had 30 minutes ET.

Kaka is overrated (but still good) and not in the league of Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard and Torres.

And you show that you're knowledge of Brazilian football is more crap than the team itself, congrats.

1. Ronaldinho is s*** i agree.

2. Kaka isn't overrated, the fact that you say something like that shows that you're completely incompentent.

3. Robinho hasn't been well this year, but overrated? Have you seen him for our team (bar today) hes been our best player for several matches.

5. According to you Alves is our best player, and thats why he starts behind a Maicon who has been Inters together with Ibrahimovic best player this season and probably Serie A's best defender this season.

6. Defence is rubbish, and therefore South Americas best defence right now? Get you're facts straight.

Your comments alone on Alves are enough to convince me you haven't got a clue yourself, he's the best defender in the world at the moment.

Kaka is undoubtedly overrated, a quality midfielder and world class but still not in the top 5 in the world.

Robinho has been overrated since he was at Santos, the next Pele? LOL, he's whining little kid and more petulant than Ronaldo.

Elano, you agree with me.  :cheesy:

Your defence comment doesn't even make sense.

Guest Heneage

I wasn't too keen on Trev Francis as a pundit. He said Brazil need Kaka, for what he brings them but didn't explain what that was. In terms of team play, Kaka doesn't offer much, he is not a great assist player, he does not ping the ball around like a Beckham. He is very much a selfish player really, his passes are short and simple, his strengths are in his penetration.

Brazil really seem to be missing a top striker. If you go through the generations, its easy to find the talismanic goal scorer, Romario, Ronaldo, Pele further back. Of the current crop, Fabiano is too inconsistent, Baptista has had a horrible career, similar to Reyes some would say, maybe left Seville a bit too early. Pato and Vagner Love would be my first choice personally.

1. Ronaldinho is s*** i agree.

Your comments alone on Alves are enough to convince me you haven't got a clue yourself, he's the best defender in the world at the moment.

Kaka is undoubtedly overrated a quality midfielder and world class but still not in the top 5 in the world.

Robinho has been overrated since he was at Santos, the next Pele? LOL, he's whining little kid and more petulant than Ronaldo.

Elano, you agree with me.  :cheesy:

Your defence comment doesn't even make sense.

So my comments on Alves are enough to convince you? Hey I watch Barcelona constantly, i love watching that team and i love Alves. But Maico is a more complete player, and believe me im not the only one.

Kaka has been injured for the most part of the season, not top5? Not right now maybe, but last year he was.

Robinho overrated since Santos?!?!!?!?! It's not worth arguing with you, you're completely out of it. Robinho was on the bench with Beckham when Capello decided to start these two, together they made Madrid perform at high rate constantly and both were vital in their La Liga Championship. He's scored 11 goals in his first season in the Premiership for a rubbish team. Get out of here seriously cause youre ridiculous.

What don't you understand about my comments on the defence. In the qualifiers Brazil has only let in 5 goals ok? They have the most consistent defence in the Americas. Lucio is playing for a Bayern which has been playing great of late. Luisao is probably the Portuguese leagues best defender at the moment. Julio Cesar is without a shadow of a doubt top 3 in the world right now.

If you produce another inept answer I'm not going to comment, and dont say it's because i believe you're right, not the complete opposite because you're a incompetent on this subject.

I wasn't too keen on Trev Francis as a pundit. He said Brazil need Kaka, for what he brings them but didn't explain what that was. In terms of team play, Kaka doesn't offer much, he is not a great assist player, he does not ping the ball around like a Beckham. He is very much a selfish player really, his passes are short and simple, his strengths are in his penetration.

Brazil really seem to be missing a top striker. If you go through the generations, its easy to find the talismanic goal scorer, Romario, Ronaldo, Pele further back. Of the current crop, Fabiano is too inconsistent, Baptista has had a horrible career, similar to Reyes some would say, maybe left Seville a bit too early. Pato and Vagner Love would be my first choice personally.

I'll telly you why Brazil needs a player like Kaka. He can run through defenders with his pace, he pentrtes defenders, he passes the ball with a high accuracy and rarely looses the ball. He traces back to get the ball back and start the attacking movement, hes creative, he has a lot of flair and he rarely misses when he has scoring opportunities. He's a player that can make magic from just simple footballing, nothing extraordinary. He has such a great ball control not many have it like him, there is probably only one player in the world with better ball control and thats Messi (but hes incomparable at the moment.).

I agree we need a striker, Luis Fabiano though hasn't been that incosistent although i agree he can fade away from matches. Pato should be given the chance considering hes been ripping apart defences in the Serie A. Vagner Love is crap, and people only rate him on his scoring record in Russia. The guy is just terrible.

Pato and Keirrison (who has been banging in goals in Brazil and is only 19) is the answer to take this team forward, but Fabiano needs to be kept in the team.

I'll telly you why Brazil needs a player like Kaka. He can run through defenders with his pace, he pentrtes defenders, he passes the ball with a high accuracy and rarely looses the ball. He traces back to get the ball back and start the attacking movement, hes creative, he has a lot of flair and he rarely misses when he has scoring opportunities. He's a player that can make magic from just simple footballing, nothing extraordinary. He has such a great ball control not many have it like him, there is probably only one player in the world with better ball control and thats Messi (but hes incomparable at the moment.).

I agree we need a striker, Luis Fabiano though hasn't been that incosistent although i agree he can fade away from matches. Pato should be given the chance considering hes been ripping apart defences in the Serie A. Vagner Love is crap, and people only rate him on his scoring record in Russia. The guy is just terrible.

Pato and Keirrison (who has been banging in goals in Brazil and is only 19) is the answer to take this team forward, but Fabiano needs to be kept in the team.

Off to Barca if I remember correctly.

I haven't watched Kaka much in detail but what I do know is if he's on form, he's unstoppable. How serious have his injury problems been?

I agree with Nixon as well in that there isn't a standout Brazillian striker at the moment. Pato should be given more chances at international level, mind. Possibly with Kaka just behind? (when fit). Ronaldinho is past his best, Robinho, although very talented, I don't think is consistent enough.

The defence is a myth though, I was under the impression that although they sometimes seem disorganised, statistically they don't concede that many.

Guest Heneage

Simple, bring ronaldo back

I could imagine if he continues scoring it will be much like the Romario debate. Whether Ronaldo would want to is a different matter, I'd think he'd have more class.

Neil: He's injury problems have actually been bad of lately, hes missed quite much in the last 12 months. Robinho has been performing constantly for the national team though and thats the matter of discussion. But yes otherwise if you see his performance in Man City i most certaintly agree.

Ronaldinho is rubbish.

Ronaldo needs to loose some weight first!

South Korea v. North Korea starting up...

Will there be blood?

Only if I start banging my head on the wall out of boredom.

North Korea are the Bolton of Asia and they up their game when they're against us. The Korean "derby" always end up being a snoozer.

Commies, scored though lines man could never see if it was over the line. Decent game this.

did you hear the chant

"you can stick your democracy and freedom up your arse

stick your democracy and freedom

stick your democracy and freedom

you can stick your democracy and freedom up your arse"

?