The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

How's Henry done at Barca, generally speaking?

Done rather good, generally speaking,

Aye, on average good. One poor season, and one brilliant season so far.

Wasn't he still Barca's top scorer in all comps last season?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Barcelona will get knocked out of the CL because the Spanish league is very weak comparitavely and English teams don't stand around like zombies whilst Xavi et al ping the ball around like the globetrotters. In the past few years foreign teams have just floundered against the English side, as mucha s I'd like to see Barcelona play dazzling football and destroy everyone in the CL, I think there's a good chance they will be scuppered over 3 games vs English CL sides.

Barcelona will get knocked out of the CL because the Spanish league is very weak comparitavely and English teams don't stand around like zombies whilst Xavi et al ping the ball around like the globetrotters. In the past few years foreign teams have just floundered against the English side, as mucha s I'd like to see Barcelona play dazzling football and destroy everyone in the CL, I think there's a good chance they will be scuppered over 3 games vs English CL sides.

Quite right. Arsenal might struggle against Barca because they don't get stuck in enough, but in general, English sides put the willies up Spanish sides.

Quite right. Arsenal might struggle against Barca because they don't get stuck in enough, but in general, English sides put the willies up Spanish sides.

Like in 2006 when Barca beat Arsenal and Chelsea in the process of winning it?

Or last year when Barca happily sprayed passes around Man Utd but only lacked the finishing touch? Please, on their day, Barca are the best that football have to offer. Man Utd won it last year with a magnificent goal but they relied heavily on counter-attacking because they couldn't keep up with Barca's passing. If they had pressed further up, especially at the Nou Camp, they would have been beaten easily; Ferguson knew it as well which was why they played their most defensive game in a long, long time.

If any English team decide that they're going to press further up the pitch and harry Barca's midfielders, they're going to get ripped to bits. I hope it happens.

Guest toonlass

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/543/543188/5431881/jpg/active/765x320.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant, makes it shameful that games over here get called off for a quick flurry of the white stuff.

:lol: Did they just guess where the penalty box was?

The ref must have been shitting himself every time there was a foul within about 20 yards of the goal

He could just watch the snow to see where the foul was, then go and search for the box and see if it was inside or out :lol:

Right. The same year Arsenal knocked out Villareal and Real Madrid. Also the year before Chelsea beat Barca in the group, and we knocked them out in the last 16 (as Chelsea did to them in 2004/5), and Chelsea beat the remaining Spanish side, Valencia. Last season, Chelsea beat Valencia in the group stage and Man Utd knocked out Barca in the only other English-Spanish match.

In fact, Barca's victories against Arsenal and Chelsea in 2006 are the only times a Spanish side has beaten an English one in the CL since 2005 (including group stage home and away ties), compared to the six Spanish losses against four different English sides (excluding the group stage).

Right. The same year Arsenal knocked out Villareal and Real Madrid. Also the year before Chelsea beat Barca in the group, and we knocked them out in the last 16 (as Chelsea did to them in 2004/5), and Chelsea beat the remaining Spanish side, Valencia. Last season, Chelsea beat Valencia in the group stage and Man Utd knocked out Barca in the only other English-Spanish match.

In fact, Barca's victories against Arsenal and Chelsea in 2006 are the only times a Spanish side has beaten an English one in the CL since 2005 (including group stage home and away ties), compared to the six Spanish losses against four different English sides (excluding the group stage).

arsenal were so unlucky, taking the lead and holding out even when a man down for the majority of the match. Larsson coming on made the difference.

Arsenal unlucky?  I don't think so.

Play should have continued when Lehmann brought down Eto'o, meaning Giuly's goal should have stood.  Not forgetting Eboue's pathetic dive to win the free kick that Arsenal scored from.

Arsenal were very lucky to be 1-0 up, not unlucky to lose 2-1.  It was justice.