The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

GG - Do you rate Rodgers, came to you lot pretty highley rated, is he out of his depth?

I don't know yet, I'm going to give him time. He's very highly rated, recommendations from Mourinho etc. actually able to get a player on loan from Arsenal! Has other decent loan connections other than Chelsea which is nice. We've been playing a bit like that so far, lots of sideways shit with the defence gifting goals and complete lack of potency up front, however I suspect that's down to the personnel (Priskin, McAnuff etc. complete crap) than his management. I want to see him build up his own squad and get them playing, I reckon there's a load of potential. Hopefully it doesn't go bad like Vialli, but Rodgers seems a lot more shrewd than that wanker and hsi comments thus far have been good, he seems like he knows what he's talking about. The only issue I have with his selection is Priskin ahead of Rasiak and the complete lack of Hoskins. But he's dropped Doyley and Sadler, good man. Don't think he's out of his depth, but when he gets the chance to build his own squad of players, he'll grow into the role and seem much more comfortable in it.

Wonder if after this loan spell Chelsea will give Cork a chance?  I think  after this loan he has done his time out & about. Were any of the other 2 loan signing playing? If so what were they like.

Hoyte looked shit. Not as bad as DeMerit, but pretty poor today. Bridcutt didn't play but he's not amazing either. Cork is bloody class. I hope he gets a chance at Chelsea properly, if not, I'd love to keep him.

Ahhh man, Aidy's just reeled off a list of players who've come and gone in the time he was at the club. Some class players there.  :weep:

Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Bouazza, Shittu, Ben Foster, Adam Johnson, Hendo, etc. Even Darius would add heavily to our team atm.

Hopefully it doesn't go bad like Vialli, but Rodgers seems a lot more shrewd than that w***** and hsi comments thus far have been good, he seems like he knows what he's talking about.

Obliviously  Rodgers wont have the £££'s like Vialli, so I am expecting  him to come to life when the southern based PL teams start releasing youth/reserve players in the summer, it is the area he has been working in for a long time so he should know the rough diamonds from the lads going straight to the Conference South.

Ahhh man, Aidy's just reeled off a list of players who've come and gone in the time he was at the club. Some class players there.  :weep:

Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Bouazza, Shittu, Ben Foster, Adam Johnson, Hendo, etc. Even Darius would add heavily to our team atm.

Yous only "owned" one of the really good ones though O0

Yeah, Darius.

Yeah, Darius.

I was thinking Hameur.

Watford are just like watching us, good enough team to be challenging in the top half but it never comes together for one reason or another. Some of the comments from Watford fans in the pub were exactly the same you hear at our matches too. :laugh: What happened to De Merit? He looked decent in the prem but he was terrible tonight along with the whole defence. That 4th goal. :lol:

DHend is a mighty gills legend. Marlon King, Glen Roeder - there are a few links between the clubs!

Guest Heneage

Didn't agbonglohor play like a handfull of games?

Portsmouth vs Man City called off.

Premier League.

Why?

Frozen pitch.  Thought all grounds were meant to have undersoil heating?  They might be in trouble for this actually, the was a big hoo-ha and an FA investigation a few years ago when a few games were called off cos of frozen pitches.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Portsmouth vs Man City called off.

Premier League.

Why?

Frozen pitch.  Thought all grounds were meant to have undersoil heating?  They might be in trouble for this actually, the was a big hoo-ha and an FA investigation a few years ago when a few games were called off cos of frozen pitches.

Birmingham were called off last week and i would class them as a 'premiership' club

I'm amazed you're allowed to be in the Prem without under soil heating these days.  Maybe give newly promoted teams a seasons grace but after that it should be a basic requirement.

Portsmouth, just having lost their main striker, now have extra time to replace him before they play again.  It's only because their opponents are Man City, who themselves are likely to strengthen, that you don't wonder just how hard Portsmouth tried to get the game on.

Guest sicko2ndbest

1-0 villa

Albion battered villa for the first 15 mins and villa take the lead from a header. That is sometthing we dont have the ability to be potent from set pieces