The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Corner from some fabulous tight passing from Liverpool and a raking pass from Alonso. Always admired him as a player.

When Barry goes there, I can only assume he'll be seeing an awful lot of the bench.

Corner from some fabulous tight passing from Liverpool and a raking pass from Alonso. Always admired him as a player.

When Barry goes there, I can only assume he'll be seeing an awful lot of the bench.

That would be a travesty; I'm sure he'll move on though. Such a classy footballer.

Guest firetotheworks

That would be a travesty; I'm sure he'll move on though. Such a classy footballer.

Probably go to Juve if Liverpool get Barry. Thats where he was going to go last summer wasn't it?

He never, ever puts on a full season, though.

Incidentally, I am (and was) talking about Barry, not Alonso. Alonso is a much better footballer.

Quite impressive of Liverpool to do so well with no Gerrard AND with that plank Lucas on the pitch.

I'm shocked that 1) he started a game chasing at least 3 goals by putting three defensive midfielders on the pitch and 2) that they've actually got two goals in half an hour with that team selection!

Quite impressive of Liverpool to do so well with no Gerrard AND with that plank Lucas on the pitch.

I'm shocked that 1) he started a game chasing at least 3 goals by putting three defensive midfielders on the pitch and 2) that they've actually got two goals in half an hour with that team selection!

If we (ie the rest of the British footballing public) loathe Liverpool for their incredible jamminess, I can't even begin to think what it must be like for you lot to share the city with them.