The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Speaking of shite Norwegian refs. The one who was in the Barca - Arse final a few years back is just now refereeing a match between Rosenborg and Lyn, and instead of giving a blatant penalty to Rosenborg, earning me £70, he fucking doesn't. The cunt.

I can sympathize with Drogba though. I'm happy Barca are going through but what the fuck does Chelsea have to do to get a penalty.

Most of those calls weren't even borderline, they were blatantly obvious pens.

What the fuck? The Pique handball and maybe the challenge by Alves on Malouda. That's it. The rest of them really weren't.

Awww delighted Barca went through, such a great club and such a great team to watch. Chelsea did very well to defend and kill both games though and were unlucky in the end. The final is going to be amazing. Fergy loves to play football these days it has to be said and it's in these sort of games where you will see the real Barca.

I can sympathize with Drogba though. I'm happy Barca are going through but what the fuck does Chelsea have to do to get a penalty.

What the fuck? The Pique handball and maybe the challenge by Alves on Malouda. That's it. The rest of them really weren't.

:lol: That's still two penalties!

Guest BooBoo

Redyapp is two seconds away from crapping himself in a pique of temper.

Wahey!

:coolsmiley:

The handball was an absolute Pen. Pique being next to Anelka when he fell would have been harsh, but it's been given before. The last one would have been fucking unbelievable. No ref in the world would give that.

Pique's hand never went towards the ball, but as I said, he shouldn't have had his hand sticking out and would have not been surprised if it was given. 

I don't like Chelsea but Drogba was right, that was a fucking disgrace.

To not give 3 clear pens plus another good shout for one.... that ref is either a cheat or way out of his depth.

The handball was an absolute Pen. Pique being next to Anelka when he fell would have been harsh, but it's been given before. The last one would have been fucking unbelievable. No ref in the world would give that.

Pique's hand never went towards the ball, but as I said, he shouldn't have had his hand sticking out and would have not been surprised if it was given. 

It was out because he was balancing himself, but it's still a pen.

:lol: That's still two penalties!

:lol: Yes, yes. I'm not going to argue that Chelsea didn't deserve the pens, of course they did. But if they had actually come out to play and tried to score, they probably would have because Barca's defense were very leaky tonight. But they didn't. They scored one and sat back, inviting Barca to play in their half and eventually they got punished. End of. Chelsea can fuck off. Now Barca will have Puyol and Henry back for the final, Keita can sit on the bench again and their midfield and starting trio will all start. Good shit. What a good day.

most undeserved victory ever  :lol:

No way, dude. Barca have been the better team over the two legs. Chelsea scored one magnificent goal but never made any attempt to attack. Barca have played excellent football and as a football fan, I'm so glad that Barca have scored a goal that they thoroughly deserved.

what!? Barca had one shot on goal and in the 92nd minute! completely dominated by chelsea, messi, etoo etc were all shit. had their forwards been switched on and had the ref given the pen decisions they would've been a fair few goals clear. in the first leg barca were the better team but chelsea's defending was class which is just as much a part of the game as attacking and in the 2nd leg no contest. but you don't go through based on performances.

Bossing it meaning let the other team play in your half? Come on, man. Valdes had two saves to make (drogba freekick and drogba 1v1), so it's not like they peppered his goal, is it? They probably deserved one or two penalties (not the 5 or 10 that they were whining about) but hey, if that's what they were relying on then tough luck for them. Maybe they should actually try and score a few goals the next time around. Football won today, there's no doubt about that. Even though Chelsea defended magnificently over these two legs, good defending alone doesn't win you anything.

had they been more clinical and had the ref given the right decisions they couldve ran riot and demolished them, whereas iniesta's goal is basically the first real chance barca had all match. cant do much about the ref but finishing is part of the game so they can only blame themselves. wouldnt really say it is a victory for football as barcelona were terrible, very, very poor, though i think the final will now be more entertaining as a result.

It doesn't move away from the ball either.

Guest BooBoo

I wonder if words filtered through to Chezza, currently strutting round the stage at the Arena with the rest of the Girls. Can't imagine the local crowds of girls and gays giving two shits mind.

I wonder if words filtered through to Chezza, currently strutting round the stage at the Arena with the rest of the Girls. Can't imagine the local crowds of girls and gays giving two shits mind.

:lol:

To not give 3 clear pens plus another good shout for one.... that ref is either a cheat or way out of his depth.

I'd be shocked if you ever saw that ref again. I'd probably be furious if I were a Chelsea fan.

and pulling Drogba's shirt, unless you think shirt pulling is legal. 3 wrong decisions on the pens makes for a really bad ref performance, and that's before you even consider Abidal's laughable sending off.

Guest kingdawson

I don't like Chelsea but Drogba was right, that was a f***ing disgrace.

Only 1 of them was clear imo.

I'd be shocked if you ever saw that ref again. I'd probably be furious if I were a Chelsea fan.

As mentioned, he's already ready for the 2010 WC.