Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

Like quite a few people on here who read what they wanted to read.

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

Over the last 18 Months?  We actually moved up a place last season and this one isn't finished yet.

JOE Kinnear today re-iterated his desire to keep Shay Given at St James's Park.

And Newcastle United's manager - who had an hour-long meeting with Given this morning - questioned the statement attributed to the 32-year-old's representative Michael Kennedy.

Kennedy last night claimed Given wanted to talk to three clubs - Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City - said to have expressed an interest in him, though he stopped short of putting in a transfer request on his behalf.

Speaking at his press conference before tomorrow's FA Cup tie at Hull, Kinnear said: "I'm not sure of the facts of what was said, or how it was interpreted, but what I would say is that Shay Given is contracted to this club until 2011.

"He is our player and he will stay our player. I'm not interested at all (in selling him). I want to clear that up.

"He is integral to our team, and the best goalkeeper in the league. As far as I am concerned he will stay our player.

"He will start tomorrow. This is a distraction, but I will focus on the football."

Kinnear had a long meeting with the Republic of Ireland international when he arrived for training this morning, and the 62-year-old was positive at the outcome of their talks.

He went on: "I had a long chat with Shay. We had a cup of coffee and had an hour together.

"He is fine, and he wants to do what is best for this club. He will do the best he possibly can tomorrow."

As far as Kennedy's statement was concerned, Kinnear went on the offensive.

He revealed the club has contacted the lawyer and sought clarification over the issues raised.

"No one has contacted me about Shay Given. As far as the three clubs is concerned it's all hearsay."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Kinnear-latest-on-unsettled-Given.4839583.jp

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

haha yeah we've only been moving backwards for the last 18 months.

Think you can replace last 18 months with last 42 months.

Over the last 18 Months?  We actually moved up a place last season and this one isn't finished yet.

so you still think Ashley has improved the club then  mackems.gif

so you still think Ashley has improved the club then  mackems.gif

Not yet, no.

so you are reading what you want into the events of the last 18 months. Do you also think we aren't worse off than 18 months ago ?

Are you saying you know better than Shay Given, and think he should give your man more time ?

Shay should be sold and Harper given a new contract, with a view to either Krul or Forster being the two in line to becoming the club no 1 keeper. I salute Given for his service. I also offer a two finger salute to send him on his way to whichever team he signs for.

We should also withdraw the contract offer made to Butt. With all the old guard jumping ship we don't need to be left with the worst one on our books.

Out with the old and in with the new. It's a new era of shiteness in all likelihood, but just possibly of hope.

so you are reading what you want into the events of the last 18 months. Do you also think we aren't worse off than 18 months ago ?

Are you saying you know better than Shay Given, and think he should give your man more time ?

No, I don't think we're worse off than 18 months ago.

Bear-baiting NE5. Starts the whole boring cycle off all over again.

That wasn't intended to be aimed at him so stop acting like an idiot, I said "quite a few people."

If it genuinely wasn't intended, then think before you type.

That's a bit rich coming from you, you're the one who is wrong and it's not for the first time.  I suggest you read before you type.

Guest afternoonfix

- Banners at our next home game - all across SJP - with STAY, SHAY! and Premiership's #1! or similar such slogans.

- Given face masks, anyone?

:cheesy:

"IRA OUT" tbh.

An Anti-Irish Moderator.....Nice :whatdidido:

omg

Guest The Libertine

omg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

best reply from an over 60 year old ever.

That's a bit rich coming from you, you're the one who is wrong and it's not for the first time.  I suggest you read before you type.

I'm not in the wrong as the bite came as anticipated.

Given that I only get in personal arguments with you, it says more about you tbh.

omg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

best reply from an over 60 year old ever.

wrong

Bear-baiting NE5. Starts the whole boring cycle off all over again.

That wasn't intended to be aimed at him so stop acting like an idiot, I said "quite a few people."

haha, don't worry James, I don't mind making a monkey out of mick and showing up the tripe he talks.