Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

I think he'll stay.

We all know how great he is and how we've been pretty undeserving of his quality a lot of the time due to all the shit hes been through.

I've got a feeling once we sign a couple of players, he'll change his mind.

11 years of saving our arses almost single-handidly would start to grate eventually........

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

Like quite a few people on here who read what they wanted to read.

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

Weve been going backwards ever since we lost to Partizan Belgrade. We were on par with Liverpool back then, they sacked their manager at the right time and appointed a good manager. We should have moved Bobby upstairs after finishing 5th, we would have been able to get a world class replacement at the time and move forward again. However, the fat c*** in charge of the club at the time waited until a stupid time to sack him, appointed a shocking replacement which made us a laughing stock. Since that day we struggle to be taken seriously as a football club. Ashley has come in and things go from terrible, to utter f***ing terrible.

6th biggest turnover, 50000 seat stadium, loyal fans, huge wage bill, however totally shocking management by Shepherd and now Ashley has destroyed any potential we ever had of making it back to challenging at the top like we were 6 or 7 years ago. Our reputation as a football club is a joke and we're a laughing stock . Even if we had money to spend, players and managers would think twice before ever coming here now.

this always makes me smile.

Only in people's heads. Nobody laughs at anybody but us ? Thats what I call a laugh.  bluelaugh.gif

We have only been going backwards since we stopped trying to show the ambition to be a top club.

By your criteria, Arsenal have also "gone backwards" since they were undefeated Champions ....... 

I don't know what gets into some people, who seem to think nobody else appoints a poor manager,and every season you should be moving up the league.

Incredible.

We are NOW going backwards, back to 3rd rate levels, and thats because we are behaving like a 2nd rate club, not a club trying to compete with the others of the biggest stature.

I laugh at clubs who f*** up as well, however we're a massive f*** up compared to where we were. We ARE a laugh stock.

Other clubs do appoint poor managers yes, but to appoint someone for no other reason that he's a 'hard man', to sort out a dressing room who were taking the piss is a terrible move. Souness was a shocking appointment, not a bad appointment, a truely terrible appointment. So much so that we may never recover from his reign of torture.

everybody laughs at other clubs, on phone ins and message boards. Its part of being a football supporter. They will always find something. Louise Taylor is a prime example. How can a mackem take the piss out of Newcastle ?

People laugh at Man U, including Newcastle supporters ? What irony that is, don't you think ? What position are us, and most clubs in, that they feel they can laugh at Man U ?

Just learn to ignore it, if you can't take such things, give up being a football fan.

FWIW, nobody has took the piss out of me about Newcastle, and I live out of the area. Nobody has been the slightest bit bothered about anything Shepherd said, Hall said, even if they noticed. If anything they were envious as hell when we played in europe and most wished us all the best. Even lately, the people who give a toss, if anything have sympathised with the mess that Ashley has caused and said the sooner we are rid of him the better.

I don't really care when folk take the piss out of me. I know loads of fans of other clubs and yes, they do take the piss, just as I take the piss out of my Leeds supporting mate. I agree its part of football. However, when you start to agree with what they say when taking the piss, and find it hard to argue against them, you know we're a bit of a joke. Fucka, even David Bentley came out and called us a joke so it can't go that unnoticed. Granted, he's a prick, but if thats what one footballer thinks it can't do us any good when trying to attract new signings.

remember, this so-called statement has been released WITHOUT the permission of Shay, so I'm hoping that we'll see some apologies/counter-statements to say he'll be staying :)

Who said that?

Kinnear

remember, this so-called statement has been released WITHOUT the permission of Shay, so I'm hoping that we'll see some apologies/counter-statements to say he'll be staying :)

Who said that?

Kinnear

Honest Joe.

So Shay's Lawyer decided to just put out a statement without telling Shay first? Someone's tellin porkies and I don't think it's JFK. If Arsenal don't want him he'll stay, no way he'll want to go to Spurs, frying pan to the fire tbh.

Dear God, what's the point of arguing about previous owners? Every day.

Because its the reason for the subject of the thread ?

so what if he stays?

I hope he stays, I hope Owen stays, I hope zoggy stays, and I hope we make 2 trophy signings this month, stay up, and then a couple more trophy signings in the summer.

With the above scenario, which would restore some trust in Mike Ashley and show me that he might have something like the ambition that we are used to seeing, I would stop the criticism of him.

Will it happen ? I doubt it.

These so called trophy signings are very hard to get now thanks to City. Best bet is Defoe for about £12million, big money but at the same time its the James Milner money.

well, we supposedly signed plenty of them before, despite ManU. We even bought one from Chelsea, allegedly.

We do have the money from Milner, but should have more than that, and if we haven't we have to start finding it and fast.

These so called trophy signings are very hard to get now thanks to City. Best bet is Defoe for about £12million, big money but at the same time its the James Milner money.

No way he'd come here, he wants to go back to 'arry.

The club was sold. That happened, it's not going to change, and whatever anyone thought of the previous owners the club was sold for business reasons, whining on every day about anyone who wasn't happy with Fred and the Halls is futile.

The club was sold. That happened, it's not going to change, and whatever anyone thought of the previous owners the club was sold for business reasons, whining on every day about anyone who wasn't happy with Fred and the Halls is futile.

Pointing out the demise of the club since the sale isn't relevant then ?

All it is is finger-waving at people who had no part in the sale. The clock cannot be turned back. Get over it.

If I were Shay Given, I'd sack my solicitor. Nice to see JK taking a leaf out of Keegans book and protecting his employers 24 hours before a major cup game.

Not that we believe everything we see on TV or in the press, unless you are the type to believe what you want to believe.

:laugh:

I doubt Shay will do that as there is no way that his solicitor would be saying all that without Given having some idea about it. Shay's solicitor will stay very much employed with a nudge and a wink from the right places ;)

so what if he stays?

I hope he stays, I hope Owen stays, I hope zoggy stays, and I hope we make 2 trophy signings this month, stay up, and then a couple more trophy signings in the summer.

With the above scenario, which would restore some trust in Mike Ashley and show me that he might have something like the ambition that we are used to seeing, I would stop the criticism of him.

You need to know what "trophy signing" is before you start using it in sentences  :sadnod:

All it is is finger-waving at people who had no part in the sale. The clock cannot be turned back. Get over it.

Sorry like, but the thread is about Shay Given, his statement by his solicitor, and the reasons for him allegedly wanting to leave. In the statement he says "When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival. "

What exactly does that say to you ? If his solicitor is saying this with no basis, then Shay Given should sack his solicitor, because I certainly would.

so what if he stays?

You need to know what "trophy signing" is before you start using it in sentences  :sadnod:

you really ought to look back and see the amount of people who claimed that we bought lots of trophy signings, enroute to qualifying regularly in europe of course.