Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

If I were Shay Given, I'd sack my solicitor. Nice to see JK taking a leaf out of Keegans book and protecting his employers 24 hours before a major cup game.

Not that we believe everything we see on TV or in the press, unless you are the type to believe what you want to believe.

:laugh:

I doubt Shay will do that as there is no way that his solicitor would be saying all that without Given having some idea about it. Shay's solicitor will stay very much employed with a nudge and a wink from the right places ;)

Oh, I agree with this. It would be pretty odd for a solicitor to say such things if they weren't true.

Dear God, what's the point of arguing about previous owners? Every day.

Because its the reason for the subject of the thread ?

so what if he stays?

I hope he stays, I hope Owen stays, I hope zoggy stays, and I hope we make 2 trophy signings this month, stay up, and then a couple more trophy signings in the summer.

With the above scenario, which would restore some trust in Mike Ashley and show me that he might have something like the ambition that we are used to seeing, I would stop the criticism of him.

Will it happen ? I doubt it.

You need to know what "trophy signing" is before you start using it in sentences  :sadnod:

you really ought to look back and see the amount of people who claimed that we bought lots of trophy signings, enroute to qualifying regularly in europe of course.

You need to know what "enroute" is before you start using it in sentences.  :sadnod:

so you still think Ashley has improved the club then  mackems.gif

Not yet, no.

so you are reading what you want into the events of the last 18 months. Do you also think we aren't worse off than 18 months ago ?

Are you saying you know better than Shay Given, and think he should give your man more time ?

he isnt 'his' man though is he? he's the person who happens to own the club, just because you've pledged allegiance to one man doesnt mean the rest of us have to do the same

Pledge Allegiance ?

I've just got an inclination to actually support people who do well for the club, and don't particularly feel the same about people who don't.

its a shame you haven't got an inclination to review your opinion of people once they start doing the opposite of 'well for the club', you're allowed to reconsider the evidence you know, it isnt a sign of weakness. quite the opposite infact. scientists do it quite a bit, seems to work for them........

Choosing to back your manager and show ambition, rather than the opposite, is probably the most important thing you need from a board of directors. If you and others have learned nothing from the last 18 months, surely this will be first ?

Supporting a change from a board that shows ambition to one that won't, is only going to go one way.

i've leaned quite a bit through following nufc in the last 18 months, not as much as i learned watching shepherd ruin everything he and others had worked so hard to build though, i wonder if he learned anything? did you?

so what if he stays?

I hope he stays, I hope Owen stays, I hope zoggy stays, and I hope we make 2 trophy signings this month, stay up, and then a couple more trophy signings in the summer.

With the above scenario, which would restore some trust in Mike Ashley and show me that he might have something like the ambition that we are used to seeing, I would stop the criticism of him.

You need to know what "trophy signing" is before you start using it in sentences  :sadnod:

you really ought to look back and see the amount of people who claimed that we bought lots of trophy signings, enroute to qualifying regularly in europe of course.

You need to know what "enroute" is before you start using it in sentences.  :sadnod:

is that the first comprehensible sentence you've ever posted ?

;D

so what if he stays?

is that the first comprehensible sentence you've ever posted ?

;D

Possibly, yes.

Why?

you must be smiling because you think his solicitor has made it all up then ?

According to Kinnear the solicitor has said that he was just repeating what was in the press.  He might by lying but it's all I've got to go on apart from the original article in the Mail which has been rubbished.

If Kinnear is lying then I'm sure the solicitor will come out and let us know.

The club was sold. That happened, it's not going to change, and whatever anyone thought of the previous owners the club was sold for business reasons, whining on every day about anyone who wasn't happy with Fred and the Halls is futile.

Pointing out the demise of the club since the sale isn't relevant then ?

All it is is finger-waving at people who had no part in the sale. The clock cannot be turned back. Get over it.

Sorry like, but the thread is about Shay Given, his statement by his solicitor, and the reasons for him allegedly wanting to leave. In the statement he says "When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival. "

What exactly does that say to you ? If his solicitor is saying this with no basis, then Shay Given should sack his solicitor, because I certainly would.

He signed a contract at the beginning of the Summer in 2006, that Season we bought Martins, Duff, Rossi & Gooch on loan, Bernard, Sibierski and Srnicek and ended up finishing 13th.

You're trying to re write history if you think we were up there challenging right up until Ashley took over.

The club was sold. That happened, it's not going to change, and whatever anyone thought of the previous owners the club was sold for business reasons, whining on every day about anyone who wasn't happy with Fred and the Halls is futile.

All it is is finger-waving at people who had no part in the sale. The clock cannot be turned back. Get over it.

Sorry like, but the thread is about Shay Given, his statement by his solicitor, and the reasons for him allegedly wanting to leave. In the statement he says "When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival. "

What exactly does that say to you ? If his solicitor is saying this with no basis, then Shay Given should sack his solicitor, because I certainly would.

He signed a contract at the beginning of the Summer in 2006, that Season we bought Martins, Duff, Rossi & Gooch on loan, Bernard, Sibierski and Srnicek and ended up finishing 13th.

You're trying to re write history if you think we were up there challenging right up until Ashley took over.

Shay Given obviously thought so, but I'm sure you know best.  The previous summer we bought Owen by the way.

you must be smiling because you think his solicitor has made it all up then ?

According to Kinnear the solicitor has said that he was just repeating what was in the press.  He might by lying but it's all I've got to go on apart from the original article in the Mail which has been rubbished.

If Kinnear is lying then I'm sure the solicitor will come out and let us know.

of course. Solicitors always make statements about their clients for no reason in particular without being consulted.

We might not find out if Given sacks him by the way, but in the unlikely event of this being untrue, I would sack him.

People like you also said the same about Keegan not leaving by the way, despite it being obvious for months that he was unhappy.

Shay Given obviously thought so, but I'm sure you know best.  The previous summer we bought Owen by the way.

Shay Given thought so when he signed a new contract it said which was in the Summer of 2006 after Roeder took over as caretaker from Souness and got us to 7th, the following season we ended up at 13th, Ashley then took over and we ended up 12th.

Like I've said, you're trying to re write history and say he thought we were challenging right up until Shepherd left which isn't the case.

Shay Given thought so when he signed a new contract it said which was in the Summer of 2006 after Roeder took over as caretaker from Souness and got us to 7th, the following season we ended up at 13th, Ashley then took over and we ended up 12th.

Like I've said, you're trying to re write history and say he thought we were challenging right up until Shepherd left which isn't the case.

Ambition went out of the door with the old board.

Thats not re-writing anything.

Its also why Shay Given signed a contract, and now he feels its all changed. Like I said though, I'm sure things haven't and you know better than he does.

Its also why Shay Given signed a contract, and now he feels its all changed. Like I said though, I'm sure things haven't and you know better than he does.

What was ambitious about the signings in 2006? Or the Summers of 2004 and 2003?

did you learn anything then? when shepherd fucked it all up?

What was ambitious about the signings in 2006?

Shay signed his new contract in  May 2006 when we had just finished 7th, which was pre-signings in the summer. I guess at the time the swing in team moving up the league he thought we were back & he was also captain during the run in of that season.

What was ambitious about the signings in 2006?

Shay signed his new contract in  May 2006 when we had just finished 7th, which was pre-signings in the summer. I guess at the time the swing in team moving up the league he thought we were back & he was also captain during the run in of that season.

I agree, but that isn't what NE5 is on about.

He's saying that Given was happy and that we were challenging up until Shepherd left 12 months later, which isn't the case.

of course. Solicitors always make statements about their clients for no reason in particular without being consulted.

We might not find out if Given sacks him by the way, but in the unlikely event of this being untrue, I would sack him.

People like you also said the same about Keegan not leaving by the way, despite it being obvious for months that he was unhappy.

Kinnear seems to be out of control when he gets going, I'm not sure that he could go on a rant without dropping himself in the shit, we'll see.

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

Like quite a few people on here who read what they wanted to read.

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

only 18 months ?

Guest elbee909

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

Like quite a few people on here who read what they wanted to read.

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

only 18 months ?

Everything was fine before then, which is why no-one ever had any complaints about the previous owners.

Kinnear seems to be out of control when he gets going, I'm not sure that he could go on a rant without dropping himself in the s***, we'll see.

I think he has the idea from somewhere that by giving us (the fans) information, it will make us like him.